Captain America: Civil War (2016)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm a wildlife biologist, and you're being a real faggot right now.
76555639839e28ffeeb16d6f153c4d5c955cceb15d3757e1d3811cb93acc4f9b.jpg

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Oh how can i forget the first casualty of the first Civil War
Black Goliath

Killed by the whitest man, a viking (cyber) God

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I caught it on Netflix before the holidays and it made me realize I'm pretty much done with super hero movies. I'll probably still watch Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and a Deadpool follow-up but I haven't otherwise enjoyed them since the first Avengers movie and even that didn't turn out to be re-watchable.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
These movies aren't for everyone, but those of us that like them are all in. We LOVE it!

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I caught it on Netflix before the holidays and it made me realize I'm pretty much done with super hero movies. I'll probably still watch Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and a Deadpool follow-up but I haven't otherwise enjoyed them since the first Avengers movie and even that didn't turn out to be re-watchable.

I can agree to this. I liked the first few. But, these movies are like a modern, cinematic version of penny dreadfuls. Weird kids in highschools a hundred years from now are going to love them and everyone will wonder why.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Or... in 100 years we'll have some mind blowing kick ass super hero movies / comics.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
These movies aren't for everyone, but those of us that like them are all in. We LOVE it!

Shit. If you would have told me 10 years ago that Disney would be pumping out my most anticipated movies and TV shows for the next 10+ years, I'd have called you an idiot.

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
From the studio that brought you "The Little Mermaid", everything cool you could ever possibly want in life!

• 2Like

Fadaar

That guy
Whoever directed Children of Men should do The Last of Us. Very similar plot line (in a sense) and god damn would TLOU shot in that manner be incredible.

• 2Solidarity

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
honestly, i think TLOU shouldn't really be attempted. it's like when alien ant farm remade "smooth criminal" and it was like, yeah, sure i guess i get it, but why did you choose to a song from the guy nicknamed "the king of pop?" your version needs to be ABSOLUTELY PERFECT to outshine the original.

on top of that, one of the biggest problems with video game movies is that they take themselves way too seriously. the games are such a long experience that they can have offbeat moments and not screw up the flow but you scrunch down a 15 hour game into 100 minutes and you just don't have time for humor.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
honestly, i think TLOU shouldn't really be attempted. it's like when alien ant farm remade "smooth criminal" and it was like, yeah, sure i guess i get it, but why did you choose to a song from the guy nicknamed "the king of pop?" your version needs to be ABSOLUTELY PERFECT to outshine the original.

on top of that, one of the biggest problems with video game movies is that they take themselves way too seriously. the games are such a long experience that they can have offbeat moments and not screw up the flow but you scrunch down a 15 hour game into 100 minutes and you just don't have time for humor.
alien ant farm's smooth criminal was way better than the original.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

I am sure the comics did it better, and from what I have read of the wiki/comics the registration program was more harsh and a dividing factor than "Av3ngrz now run by UN heheh" - but I did NOT feel that the absolute hate and dividing nature happened well in this movie - it was forced- but eh the big battle on the tarmac was cool-- but then "Yo ironzman I played u! haha mommy daddy issues!" and he still kept going, and going.. also Capt and Bucky could not wtf pwn iron-man-my-suits-fall-apart in a enclosed space 2 v 1?

Was it entertaining yes? Did I miss Ultron, yeah- so I suppose I need to watch that.... but from what I understand- umm why in the big fight didn't Vision just WTF pwn everyone in an instant?

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think the biggest problem with movie adaptions of video games historically is they have adapted video games that have essentially no story so wtf why. Now there are games with fantastic stories / experiences but in a lot of ways, a lot of that quality comes from the way it is experienced in the game. Oxenfree would NOT be nearly as great if you just made a movie or show out of it, but as a game it's one of the best story telling experiences in years.