Captain America: Winter Soldier

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
i felt nothing from the trailer. it was like watching robocop reboot trailer.
You seem a little down today, maybe you should take a break and browse a few Chloe and Mary Elizabeth sites for a bit, then come back and watch this trailer. Perhaps with a sunnier disposition you'll think differently.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
i'd like to imagine myself giving it to her when i am down.

ix7ws1oQQaHSf.jpg

still feel nothing. all of those special effects seem too goddamn shiny. customs feel as if they were freshly shipped from some sweatshop in Bangladesh. none of it feels real. it's like marvel took worst parts from the transformers x baylicious.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
The trailer looked sweet. I like how Thor is the "out there" franchise and Cap is more of the "grounded" one for lack of a better word. Oh, and Cap looks like a boss in his new blue and silver outfit.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
The trailer looked sweet. I like how Thor is the "out there" franchise and Cap is more of the "grounded" one for lack of a better word. Oh, and Cap looks like a boss in his new blue and silver outfit.
re: his outfit
A costume change for Captain America might seem like a small detail, but it's rumored to have bigger implications for the story. At the beginning of the trailer, we can see Steve Rogers in a new, sleeker uniform that ditches the red from his "Avengers" ensemble, but by the end of the preview, he's back in his World War II outfit, kicking it old school.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got Goosebumps when watching the trailer - always happens with movies that I turn out liking - with that said, something twirked my insides saying that's not going to be as good as it should. It will still be better than most.
Technically, the first one was bad. So there's that low bar (if you don't include Avengers, which Captain shined)

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I didn't think the first one was bad at all. Campy as hell yes, but not bad.

I really dig the new trailer, can't wait for it to come out.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Could the whole uniform/freedom themes from the trailer play into a movie version of the civil war? Without mutants and spidey it would be quite different from the comics, but I think it would have to be different regardless.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I highly doubt they are going to go the Civil War route. There simply aren't that many known supers or villains out there. Besides no one in the Marvel movies really has a secret identity anyway.

Also I loved the first Cap movie. I rate it right behind Iron Man. It's a period piece and I think that was the biggest turn off for most people.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Trailer seemed cool but thats it, it felt empty of any drive/motivation to make me want to watch it. Of course i plan to see it anyways but their feeling was void.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Awesome.

It doesn't make me think of Civil War, a bunch of the first half talk there actually made me think of Secret War, the little known start to all the Civil War and Secret Invasion stuff.

Secret War:
http://marvel.wikia.com/Secret_War
Basically Fury decided to use a bunch of heroes to preemptively attack a foreign country (Latveria, without Doom at the time) without government approval or oversight, then wiped the memory of those heroes doing it. It turned into a complete fiasco with horrible repercussions and no one understood what was going on due to everyone involved, except Fury, getting mindwiped after the operation.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
marvel's 2nd gayest superhero takes on his gayest foe yet, the Federal Government.

h346A91F0

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
RE: Captain Americas costume. If you didn't read the comic books...

osiRZlL.jpg

That's the outfit that Steve Rogers wears when he's acting as director of shield.

Column_sl

shitlord
We really haven't seen Nick Fury in true action yet, correct?
Hoping this move we see something crazy like in the cartoons/Comics.

Marvel is famous for hero vs hero, so Cap vs Fury with prep time? =P

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also I loved the first Cap movie. I rate it right behind Iron Man. It's a period piece and I think that was the biggest turn off for most people.
I don't rate it lower because it was a period piece, I rate it lower because the terrible CGI threw me off a TON. Like, it was distractingly bad. Some of the fight scenes that should have been amazing were ruined by the terrible boneless ragdoll physics shit.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don't remember any glaring CGI issues. What I remember is the incredibly accurate representation of cap. It was kind of slow in a lot of places and there was a lot of exposition for a comic book action movie... But cap was dead on from start to finish. I love that

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Why is Captain American still a Capt? When is he going to be Major America?

Also, I want to see this and Capt. America is probably my least favorite recent Marvel movie.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't remember any glaring CGI issues.
Yeah it's mostly just the CGI opponents in the fight scenes. It's just how the bodies move. I love Chris Evans as Cap. Aside from the CGI shit I didn't feel real strongly about the movie one way or the other. A bit too much time on the origin and not enough on the battlefield I guess, but that was expected.

captain-america-smashing-with-his-shield.gif

Just went back and watched that scene on Youtube and it wasn't nearly as bad as I remembered it in my head. It's like wire-fu bad, not Sabretooth on the ceiling on Wolverine bad.