Casual Rerolled WoW guild - Hyjal Horde

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
A server transfer is $40 now? It was only $25 a few years ago.
No, I transferred my Warlock and Priest, so it was like 38 bucks. They are(were?) having a 25% discount on transfers. It's still normally 25 dollars.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I'm probably going to move over my warlock tonight. Just managed to get the green fire quest done (around 508 ilvl). First 15-20 tries were annoying, because I would get most of the mechanics down and forget one. Then I would focus on that one and fuck up another. Last run it seemed to just click, he was at maybe 265k health left when he summoned his doomguard and I knew I could burn him before another felhound phase.

Small tip, although probably obvious, that I don't see mentioned much. During the initial 20s dialogue where he doesn't fight back + the 20s of feared pitlord, pop your doomguard + dark soul buff (x2), this helps a ton with getting him down before you have to start worrying about anything.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
My boosted pally has no professions. What should i work on prior to 11/13? I do not have a giant surplus of cash so should I just grab gathering professions? I've heard skinning is a decent money maker these days. Truth to that?

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
You can now do gathering stuff on any level zone right? You just don't get the skin/herb/etc if you're too low skill, but you still skill up?

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think you still have to be relatively close (within 50-100 points maybe?) when I was leveling I outpaced mining really fast but could still gather nuggets (I think that's what they were called?) Combine 10 to make 1 ore, but I did get skills ups.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You can now do gathering stuff on any level zone right? You just don't get the skin/herb/etc if you're too low skill, but you still skill up?
You get scraps/chips or something like that if your skill is too low. Combine 10 or so to make an ore or leather.

sukik

I think you still have to be relatively close (within 50-100 points maybe?) when I was leveling I outpaced mining really fast but could still gather nuggets (I think that's what they were called?) Combine 10 to make 1 ore, but I did get skills ups.
You don't have to be close in level. I was mining ore in the Timeless isle with level 1 skill.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
You don't have to be close in level. I was mining ore in the Timeless isle with level 1 skill.
That's odd, I was unable to mine Rich Thorium and Dark Iron at various points leveling up. Maybe Rich veins and special ores have restrictions?

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I guess it sort of makes sense. Why should some noob get to waste a rich vein for just a skill up?

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
So mining/skinning over the next few days? Anyone have a reason to do anything else?

Needless

Toe Sucker
other than like.. tmog shit, you may as well just level up a gathering profession, and get yourself a heroic heirloom before the exp drops next week

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
other than like.. tmog shit, you may as well just level up a gathering profession, and get yourself a heroic heirloom before the exp drops next week
Yeah i got the other stuff done. Heroic heirloom. Been running old raids for fun/tmog/gold. Was just curious if of the gather professions there were two obvious winners. I've read some stuff on reddit recently about some people making pretty damn good money selling leather from skinning.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I have herbalism on my priest and just sell that crap. Makes decent money. I'm sure all the gathering skills do.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I think any gathering profession makes pretty decent money, specially with a new expansion out. As for which one will make more? who knows..

I personally dropped enchanting for mining, simply because mining = gains from engineers, jewelcrafters and blacksmiths in oppose to leather = leatherworking.
Then again my paladin also has engineering so i needed a miner either way.

I can see herbalism making mad bank at the beginning of the expansion though, much like it did in mop and cata... guilds are going to be buying the shit out of herbs to get their raid decked out in flasks and shit. Scribes are going to be buying herbs to get the new glyphs to overprice for the first couple weeks etc.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I don't think I can ever be bothered to gather anything anymore in this game. I'm fine with JC/Alch and finding profitable flips there.

Production tradeskills don't seem to be in a good spot though. I'll still look to make it work come WoD.

Vorph

Just remember that the mine and herb garden cover all someone needs for one of each type of tradeskill. Work orders are the limiting factor, not materials. Barn sort of does too, even after you shift to making blood exclusively you still get leather as a by-product. If you do stick with gathering skills, I'd try to sell as much as possible in the first few days. People who don't have their buildings up to snuff may be desperate enough to buy what they need to skill up to 700 quickly (because it vastly increases the production they get from their work orders) but once everyone has buildings across several alts the market is going to crash hard imo.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
What does all of that mean? Is that stuff from the expansion?