Casual Rerolled WoW guild - Hyjal Horde

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Did they smooth out the level progression? I wanted to dungeon level a rogue before the expansion to take a tour of the old stuff and kinda still want to after the expansion is released. I doubt I'll get around to WoW till around Christmas tho. I have a level 90 and a bunch of 85's on Sargeras so I could just move one over, prolly depend on if this is still going when I get around to the game.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
For a rogue I would go engi for some of the fun things and the gathering skill of your choice. If you want to hit some gear quickly you could do leather working. I would do skinning over that unless you had a stable of professions.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
With the guild xp bonus gone leveling may actually be slower - but maybe they just baked that in.

As a tank/healer you can sit in town from level 15 onwards. But chaining those same dungeons has to get stale fast.

With heirlooms and the (former) guild xp bonus you literally could not finish any zone's quests without the zone turning grey. And some of the hubs required you to find the last hub of the prior zone before it would open. (Stonetalon required a breadcrumb, maybe others)

Khane

Got something right about marriage
With the guild xp bonus gone leveling may actually be slower - but maybe they just baked that in.

As a tank/healer you can sit in town from level 15 onwards. But chaining those same dungeons has to get stale fast.

With heirlooms and the (former) guild xp bonus you literally could not finish any zone's quests without the zone turning grey.
Ok so I am speaking based on what my experience was right before MoP released levelling. A couple things, I have every single heirloom except the rings and also had the guild bonus. But because of the quests being added to the zone ins for each dungeon and the amount of extra exp you get for doing randoms you pretty much outlevel whatever dungeon you just ran by the time you finish it and hand in quests. So even without all the bonuses I had I can't imagine needing to run a dungeon more than twice. Well, until TBC that is. After that no idea.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Ok so I am speaking based on what my experience was right before MoP released levelling. A couple things, I have every single heirloom except the rings and also had the guild bonus. But because of the quests being added to the zone ins for each dungeon and the amount of extra exp you get for doing randoms you pretty much outlevel whatever dungeon you just ran by the time you finish it and hand in quests. So even without all the bonuses I had I can't imagine needing to run a dungeon more than twice. Well, until TBC that is. After that no idea.
Dungeons seem to be even faster exp now. They added optional objectives to each dungeon for killing some of the extra/optional bosses (such as the Trogg boss in Gnomeregan), and you get a chunk of bonus exp for killing each one. I've been leveling up on Hyjal the last few days and I have only run each dungeon 1 - 2 times before fully outleveling it to the point that it won't pop up for me in the random dungeon finder anymore.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Pretty sure they smoothed out leveling xp. With heirloom gear i'm still out-leveling zones.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Curious - do you have anyone with interest in taking on a raid leadership role, with experience doing so? That's always the sticking point when it comes to thrown together "casual raid" guilds. All followers like me, no leaders.

My idea of casual raiding would be gearing up through each level of content, to avoid the ball-bashing everyone has to perform at 100% + a raid-wide RNG boost to beat enrage horseshit. Outside of mythic, lockouts are so friendly now that you can always catch up what you missed as a pug, or do bonus raiding to try to get upgrades if your guild has moved on to only doing heroic/mythic and so on. It's very, very schedule-friendly now.

Anyhow, I wouldn't consider moving anywhere until some idea of a schedule is set and leadership established. I do like that Hyjal is my original home, is PVE, and Janx is already there. (he got me into FoH, with an endorsement from Koraf that really surprised me)

The other caveat is I think the kind of guild I want doesn't really exist - if people are good enough do mythic content, then they are going to want to race to that content and rank on wowprogress.org and post to their server's progress thread etc. If they aren't interested in the progression race, then they are probably also terrible or have schedules so prohibitive that they'd never be useful in a mythic raid. It's the Catch-22 that has annoyed me throughout WoW. I didn't like bashing my balls against hard mode content with undergeared Z-teamers in the raid, but the alternative was mostly guilds who couldn't even finish the normal modes. Fucked either way...

Anyway, I've posted some variation of that many times. It's why I've just sat around in a dead guild for two years, after one attempt at a progression guild with a compatible raid schedule. (which turned out to be the only thing that was compatible about it. Oh god, that ventrillo.)

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Tempted by this but I'm on EU timezone. Is there enough of us to have some activity (I'm GMT+1 so between 1pm and 5pm EST during weekdays) ?

If I decide to do this I'm gonna play Orc Warlock.

edit : and everything Kreugen said.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
If anyone is transferring a toon from BDF Horde hit me up if possible before transferring.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
LLeluvyn? Holy shit. First time I ran into him I gave him grief about being a lv15 something in full bronze and a decent sword, hah. How much does he actually play?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
scratch that, thats only if you hit 60 AND don't have professions.

You'll need lvl 60 to get any profession benefit, i thought it defaulted to leatherworking/skinning if you weren't 60. Oops.
I got screwed by not reading the fine print on that. I xfered my DK thinking I'd just roll a new healer of some sort and boost it with professions, only to find out that I had to level to 60 first or lose the profession boost entirely. Had I known that I would have xfered one of my existing healers instead and just leveled a DK through the starter area to hit 60 and be done with it.

As for rogue professions, the obvious ones are mining/engineering and skinning/LW. The dilemma I'm having is more annoying--I have mining/engineering on my DK and no desire to change either, and I'm leveling a druid to 60 now for the boost. Can't decide whether to take the obvious skinning/LW or do JC/BS instead (using the DK to supply all the ore I need for both). The latter seems a bit better since LW provides almost no benefit at all to my DK, while JC/BS can be used to make useful things for both characters. Not sure if taking two primaries makes things awkward for planning out the garrison though.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I'm getting about a level to a level and a half per fresh dungeon with no xp modifiers on gear or guild bonus. I pull 6+ elites per pull as a prot paladin around level 30.

The holy pally I pair with regularly pulls extra mobs to get more xp/loot since the shit is easy as fk compared to other games.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Interested, but not sure what to roll just yet. I'm on the fence with either a warlock or a monk.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Kruegen - I will be leading raids and working on the content as soon as we get enough people to 100. I will pug and cross server as much as I need to in order to fill up raids. I am not ready to set a schedule until we get people online and see who pushes to 100. By the time we have ten to fifteen at 100 we will know what our schedule is. I have a decent friends list that I can pull in from my old server if we need them but Hyjal is large enough we can pull pugs from there.

Who knows if we start doing good at heroics we can even recruit.

The point of it being labelled a casual guild is that nobody is forced to raid. If you are though please have the courtesy to be stable in logging on for our schedule.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've debated getting heirlooms, but I love going through all the dungeons and watching my gear change
smile.png
Yeah I am only using the heirloom weapon and it's the level 1-80 version at that. I never played horde post Lich King so enjoying the new storylines and trying not to go through content too too quickly.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So is there a scroll of resurrection or anything where I can play this for like a week without having to pay to see if I even want to do this?

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I have quite a few friends on Hyjal actually. I'm in a decent guild at the moment and as far as I can tell I will still be raiding with them come WoD but I may put a toon on Hyjal as well. Schedule will be the most determining factor since I don't get home from work until 8pm CST most nights (I am on PST so 6 for me).

Alavaz#1973 is my btag.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I am putting out there that my plan is to raid at 6 PST but we can work on that. That is my current plan and open for discussion later. Also I prefer weekends which is most definitely not set in stone.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Getting bored with daily stuff in FFXIV, downloading client now - will start a new character since it's been a while since I last played WoW (start of MoP briefly) - either priest or warlock.