Censorship and Art

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Says it's not semantics, goes on to semantic. You suck at this, dawg.

You agree with me too you just can't bring yourself to say it. Once again we both agree that art is partially objective by way of standards and partially subjective by way of art being exactly what it is. If I was wrong this conversation would not exist. The very fact we're sucking each other off is because art is subjective. You are the one defending a position. By the way good job keeping yourself from bolding and capitalizing in your last post. I could almost read the parts where you would have. Good job also avoiding the taste question.

Lithose Lithose you're an academic right? Some sort of teacher? I thought so.

I won't bother feigning buttanger at your slurs by bolding and capitalizing a long winded reply. I will repost the last thing I said as a way to avoid your deluded and obsessed social justice warrior brain in reverse.

You're trolling now right? I honestly can't tell. You seem to be doing some kind of weird mimicry of my post. My post (The one I quote), by the way, came at the start of my posting in this thread--my argument has been consistent this entire time (Right from fucking post 1). Your post is a quote from page ten, which is a conclusion you arrived at after 3-4 pages of arguing with me. I'm glad I could show you why your original assertions either sucked, or were worded poorly. But if what you've got left is trying to make me argue in the way I say I insult people for trying to argue? I'm afraid you're going to have fun with that on your own.

That shit isn't art! If you're an artist, hopefully some day people like me will find your balls so you can tell people like Yoko Ono to shut the fuck up, and that her whaling isn't art. Until then, I guess enjoy her performing at prestigious institutions while artists who are technically a million times more proficient and talented will grind out a living as a graphic designer because they didn't suck the right cocks in the little social jerk off session that's now called "art".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Just because something is expensive, doesn't mean it is good.

We are currently experiencing a period where the ultra rich are basically using paintings as way of investing. Art and paintings, are the next vehicle for this, since there is always a fool who will pay money for that shit,

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
You're trolling now right? I honestly can't tell. You seem to be doing some kind of weird mimicry of my post. My post (The one I quote), by the way, came at the start of my posting in this thread--my argument has been consistent this entire time (Right from fucking post 1). Your post is a quote from page ten, which is a conclusion you arrived at after 3-4 pages of arguing with me. I'm glad I could show you why your original assertions either sucked, or were worded poorly. But if what you've got left is trying to make me argue in the way I say I insult people for trying to argue? I'm afraid you're going to have fun with that on your own.

That shit isn't art! If you're an artist, hopefully some day people like me will find your balls so you can tell people like Yoko Ono to shut the fuck up, and that her whaling isn't art. Until then, I guess enjoy her performing at prestigious institutions while artists who are technically a million times more proficient and talented will grind out a living as a graphic designer because they didn't suck the right cocks in the little social jerk off session that's now called "art".

Unless you're going by a rigid definition of art and shit, then art is subjective. As beauty and attraction are subjective. Some music like metal is deliberately ugly and noisy. You're making the mistake of fitting everything into one neat little bubble.

If you mean a very specific set of requirements for what you think should be labeled as art it would still be subjective as fuck.
Consistent as fuck.

read this you'll get a kick out of it
Mostly White Social Justice Warriors Invade Museum Of Fine Arts In Boston To Tell Japanese People They Shouldn’t Wear Kimonos | Weasel Zippers

I'm not a painter so I don't care about visual arts but I've booed at many bands. Never occured to me to yell "you are not music" cos I'm not a fucking nerd.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Just because something is expensive, doesn't mean it is good.

We are currently experiencing a period where the ultra rich are basically using paintings as way of investing. Art and paintings, are the next vehicle for this, since there is always a fool who will pay money for that shit,
Met the VP of Art Investment (or something) at Deloitte. Makes like 1mil and lives in Manhattan now.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I don't really care if you want to call it a monochrome canvas art. I'm not an artist and artists are only doing damage to their own field by accepting this garbage. It's when you try to convince people that it's good art is when I'm going to call bullshit. These faggots paying millions of dollars for this objectively shit art are exactly the kind of elitist fart sniffers Tanoomba Tanoomba wants to pretend don't exist or are somehow analogous to engineers talking about engine specifications(LOL R U SERIOUS Wakandan?). The only value these pieces have are the fact that someone paid a shitload of money for it. The only "meaning" these pieces convey are "wow look how fucking rich this asshole is".

• 1Like

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Tan, and other post modernists
I'm not a post-modernist. I'm just some guy telling you you don't get to decide what art is. The decision was made already. You were not a part of the process, so you don't get to have a say now. Sorry.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm not a post-modernist. I'm just some guy telling you you don't get to decide what art is. The decision was made already. You were not a part of the process, so you don't get to have a say now. Sorry.

Tan, I haven't been responding to you because your posts are better examples of how pretentious and vacuous this is than anything I could explain. So thank you for that. Please, continue--show everyone how bad this is.

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Consistent as fuck.

read this you'll get a kick out of it
Mostly White Social Justice Warriors Invade Museum Of Fine Arts In Boston To Tell Japanese People They Shouldn’t Wear Kimonos | Weasel Zippers

I'm not a painter so I don't care about visual arts but I've booed at many bands. Never occured to me to yell "you are not music" cos I'm not a fucking nerd.

No its not, because clearly pages later you say its not totally subjective. Do you know what consistent means?

Last edited:

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
I don't really care if you want to call it a monochrome canvas art. I'm not an artist and artists are only doing damage to their own field by accepting this garbage. It's when you try to convince people that it's good art is when I'm going to call bullshit. These faggots paying millions of dollars for this objectively shit art are exactly the kind of elitist fart sniffers Tanoomba Tanoomba wants to pretend don't exist or are somehow analogous to engineers talking about engine specifications(LOL R U SERIOUS Dindu?). The only value these pieces have are the fact that someone paid a shitload of money for it. The only "meaning" these pieces convey are "wow look how fucking rich this asshole is".
Yup. Or setting down a carcass in a gallery for a week. Amoonbat would justify how and why that is "art". I don't care if an art student spent a whole month working 24 hours a day over how she's going to bleed out her vag on a bed sheet in public. Nobody wants to look at that shit except maybe TrollfaceDeux TrollfaceDeux

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Yup. Or setting down a carcass in a gallery for a week. Amoonbat would justify how and why that is "art". I don't care if an art student spent a whole month working 24 hours a day over how she's going to bleed out her vag on a bed sheet in public. Nobody wants to look at that shit except maybe TrollfaceDeux TrollfaceDeux
Come on bro. No.

• 1Like

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Subjective Lithose Lithose can't make an argument without using strawmen. Lithose's new avatar.
StrawMan2.jpg

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Hey tanoomba, i struggled over my last shit, you want it on a plate? How bout $1k? Its even got colors in it! I fucking had indian all week.

• 1Like

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
No its not, because clearly pages later you say its not totally subjective. Do you know what consistent means?
Let me be as subjective as I can.

This is why I have always been an independent. Up to very recently you were a liberal.

I've heard the arguments a hundred times and yet here we are. A nation, maybe an entire world, divided. You are a subjectvist. When I read these books the first time

The Fountainhead: Ayn Rand, Leonard Peikoff: 9780451191151: Amazon.com: Books
The Virtue of Selfishness, Centennial Edition: Ayn Rand, Nathaniel Branden: 9780451163936: Amazon.com: Books

they did not change the way I think but confirmed what I was wondering. Donald Trump winning to me was a kind of proof that the world has not gone totally insane.

So what are we arguing again. That bad art is bad? No shit. Is taste ultimately personal? Yes or no.

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>

There is a difference between bad art NO art too.
Would you consider a trio banging on beer kegs with random implements off tempo, Music?
Yet one dude banging with a bat at a beer keg in slipknot song is part of Music. No matter what you think of the song itself it can be considered music. While the above trio is just pissing around.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
There is a difference between bad art NO art too.
Would you consider a trio banging on beer kegs with random implements off tempo, Music?
Yet one dude banging with a bat at a beer keg in slipknot song is part of Music. No matter what you think of the song itself it can be considered music. While the above trio is just pissing around.
Would you consider rain music? The rhythms of raindrops have influenced music since drums were invented. So yeah? No? If it sucked I would say it sucks.

I would not call nature itself art but many, very old artists have said that nature is art with a capital A.

/shrug

Last edited:

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
By that meaning all we could do is emulate what already exists. I am very passionate about this subject by the way. I love music.

• 1Like

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Would you consider rain music? The rhythms of raindrops have influenced music since drums were invented. So yeah? No? If it sucked I would say it sucks.

I would not call nature itself art but many, very old artists have said that nature is art with a capital A.

/shrug
Rain, wind chimes, waterfalls and other natural wonders can all be very inspiring and beautiful but I personally would not call them art. Art requires a human touch i would say.
for example this is art:
while just a recording of a rainstorm while it can also be relaxing and inspire some art, itself isnt art.
In regards to artists saying nature is art i attribute that to attempts at false modesty. We all do it from time to time and artists do it too.

Of course i never studied arts and believe would be very bad if i attempted it so my opinion are worth exactly jack shit.(now you get to call me out at blatant attempt at false modesty to make my point weigh more in this discussion)