CES 2014

Morbeas

Silver Squire
Thought I'd start a thread where we can discuss all the upcoming toys/gadgets of 2014.

Not sure about the jumping Sumo but the drone looks really awesome!

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Steam OS is free. Many people do not want to build a PC and this is an easy alternative just like an Alienware. IMO it's simply an attempt to make a PC that is easily upgradeable and to finally get us off of fucking windows for gaming. Plus dat controller.

Morbeas

Silver Squire
Ok but the price for a decent one of these will still be a pretty penny and if I'm spending upwards of a grand for a gaming rig, why would I not want the versatility that Windows offers?

I still don't get it.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ok but the price for a decent one of these will still be a pretty penny and if I'm spending upwards of a grand for a gaming rig, why would I not want the versatility that Windows offers?

I still don't get it.
You can still buy and put windows on it. That digital storm one has Duel boot built in.

I can understand why you don't get it. People just don't want to build a pc. These are also meant to be placed in your living room and played on the TV.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider

I still don't get it.
Well that's one of the potential issues steam machines should be able to solve since people should in theory be able to build whatever machine on a budget they want as long as it meets certain basic specs. How that's going to work out is questionable.

Also steamos carries with it the fear of the pirate gamer. With Sony and Microsoft you can be relatively sure your game won't be pirated at.a significant level but with anything like steamos it's a not insignificant risk.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'll always have a warm place in my heart for Michael Bay because he got me my current job. I ranted to the CEO about how much Michael Bay blows and that's what convinced him I was the right man.

Lenas

Trump's Staff

I still don't get it.
Alienware has announced a box that is smaller than Xbone/PS4, more powerful than both of them, and will be competitively priced. There you go. Hopefully it makes sense now.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
SONY DEMONSTRATES 4K ULTRA SHORT THROW PROJECTOR DELIVERING A WHOLE NEW VIEWING EXPERIENCE | Sony

Sony-Ultra-Short-Throw-Projector-Prototype_living-space-SMALLER.jpg

Is this short throw projector thing becoming common? Seems waaaay easier to set up a system that way. Much more like a traditional TV set up.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
That projector is sweet. Probably not too many people have a wall that big in their living room but if you're dropping 30K on a projector you probably also have a dedicated theater room.