CFB 2013-2014

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
If Mizzou wins tomorrow it will be the first time in 50 years (Ole Miss 1963) that a team not in the Big 6 of the SEC has won it.
We're less than 24 hours away from game time so it's time to cease this type of talk. Only comments involving an Auburn win are henceforth allowed.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Lol I love how they just let the WR already with 100 yards just release from the backfield and no one even pay attention. Dat maction.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
If Mizzou wins tomorrow it will be the first time in 50 years (Ole Miss 1963) that a team not in the Big 6 of the SEC has won it.
Or alternately, what if Mizzou becomes a new member of the "big 6" club. Who gets kicked out?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well, didn't expect NIU to be getting their asses kicked.

Then again, never watched a game. Just always had Lynch in fantasy.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Guess I'll have to eat crow for making fun of my friend saying they could beat NILL. In the words of Miami OH's coach "There are no easy games in the MAC" (because they're all equally terrible)

Tea_sl

shitlord
Well, didn't expect NIU to be getting their asses kicked.

Then again, never watched a game. Just always had Lynch in fantasy.
You should watch the MAC. It's essentially a level playing field. They all recruit the same areas. They all have similar history. They all have similar athletic budgets. It's as close as college football gets to parity, and that's why it's a fucking hotbed of coaches. It's pretty great.

This is why you don't put a MAC team in the Top 25, why you definitely don't talk about them in a BCS bowl, and why you don't include their players in the annual Heisman hype. If NIU had a competitive schedule at all this exposure would have probably happened months ago.

Arcanaloth

Golden Knight of the Realm
Arcanaloth, do you think Boise St. is Harsin's job to have?
Yes, I do - with caveats.

Harsin is an Idaho kid, played for BSU, coached at BSU, and has gone on record as saying a gig as BSU head coach is one of his "Dream Jobs". Pete is very big with staff development and will sometimes seem to usher successful assistants elsewhere in the name of career development - which can be frustrating... we're obviously used to being a stepping stone and compensate the assistants very well (relative to other programs of similar, or even larger, size) to help keep them around. It's why when Texas came knocking, Pete told Harsin "Go. Now." even though it seemed almost insane to encourage your boy genius OC to mosey on.

That being said, I know Arky State is not too keen on the possibility of loosing their third head coach in three years (which is why Harsin's buy out is so big relative to the stature of ASU). I would imagine that their AD is throwing dumptrucks of hookers and blow his way to keep him there. BSU doesn't have a huge base of filthy-rich alumni doners - covering the buyout is probably the biggest hurdle. If Harsin were still at Texas, I suspect he would have been named our new HC sometime this evening. I think the "complicated" situation with Arky State is the biggest potential wrench in getting him here.

He's my first choice. Wilcox is second. (Come on, he's the guy that recruited Kellen Moore, aside from his talents as a DC/Coach). I'm resigning myself to Brent Pease - he is available after all. He's not the best choice, but we could do a whole lot worse.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
ITS GAMEDAY BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The beer is already flowing.
Hhhheeeeeelllllll yeaaahhh! I am excite!

Unfortunately our team intro video sucked this year, but the band one was pretty good:

On to Vict'ry! Strike up the band!

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
LOL I suspect next year's intro video will be a bit better! Wish I could drink today but I've got a huge exam Monday, probably won't even get to catch the OSU game FFS.

Best of luck to your team Joeboo, I hope it's a close one but we kick your ass in the end
biggrin.png

Incredible that Gundy failed to take the points there. It's not like this shit is a shootout...you've got a tied low scoring ballgame and he got stuffed at the 1 for nothing.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Pathetic game so far, holy shit. Painful to watch. Refs aren't giving Pokes any fucking calls either. Can't say I'm surprised.