Cheap Meals: Eating on a budget.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I never said they were bad, I just like different types of mashed potatoes for different types of dishes. If you're making chicken fried steak, it's country style, skin on, chunky taters.

Frenched veal chop with a demi-glace, or maybe a roasted pheasant and wine reduction, his appropriate French method.

I also know you're just busting my balls though, because I love all mashed potatoes, and if you don't, you're a fag...😉
James Marsden GIF by SAG Awards

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
life goes on 80s tv GIF by absurdnoise

Fuck you both...😉

Also...

See Edaw Edaw he makes other types of wonderful potato dishes.

My mom used to make something like this during the holidays when we were doing prime rib versus us making twice baked potatoes. I love twice baked potatoes, but it is kind of pain in the ass make a big casserole dish for a lot of people. I guess it's easier if you're only doing a few big spuds for a family of four.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
life goes on 80s tv GIF by absurdnoise

Fuck you both...😉

Also...

See Edaw Edaw he makes other types of wonderful potato dishes.

My mom used to make something like this during the holidays when we were doing prime rib versus us making twice baked potatoes. I love twice baked potatoes, but it is kind of pain in the ass make a big casserole dish for a lot of people. I guess it's easier if you're only doing a few big spuds for a family of four.

i just used potatoes in curry chicken and now i realize i don't have enough pork to make pork cutlets and have to travel to the publix and horrors of white ppl buying food and toilet paper like 2020

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
i just used potatoes in curry chicken and now i realize i don't have enough pork to make pork cutlets and have to travel to the publix and horrors of white ppl buying food and toilet paper like 2020
Hey post a picture of the finished dish, that sounds good and I'd be interested in your recipe or how you're making it.

Godspeed little Doodle the braving the retards.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Hey post a picture of the finished dish, that sounds good and I'd be interested in your recipe or how you're making it.

Godspeed little Doodle the braving the retards.
i posted the plating a few times in the gravy thread, i lay a full chicken breast on there (no need to cut it up, after 2/3 hours it'll be all shredded like) throw a bunch of potatoes and carrots, put a block of the curry roux, fill water and thats it.

i tried all the curry roux and the one i settled on was
8e93d35eafaa72e61ce2ac60b0cc1bff.jpg

my last purchase it was 40bucks
cc3acfd2e4265582f455a9de7363a52b.png

now it's 60 cuz you know, biden
House Foods Java Curry Hot, 6.52 Ounce (Pack of 10)

it kinda fits the theme of the thread too, minimal work, i only use the chicken breast b/c it's heartier and i buy whole chickens and mostly use the darkmeat, you could probably kick up the flavor by substituing thighs instead of breastmeat. but just a few potatoes and carrots, it's cheap enough.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
i posted the plating a few times in the gravy thread, i lay a full chicken breast on there (no need to cut it up, after 2/3 hours it'll be all shredded like) throw a bunch of potatoes and carrots, put a block of the curry roux, fill water and thats it.

i tried all the curry roux and the one i settled on was
8e93d35eafaa72e61ce2ac60b0cc1bff.jpg

my last purchase it was 40bucks
cc3acfd2e4265582f455a9de7363a52b.png

now it's 60 cuz you know, biden
House Foods Java Curry Hot, 6.52 Ounce (Pack of 10)

it kinda fits the theme of the thread too, minimal work, i only use the chicken breast b/c it's heartier and i buy whole chickens and mostly use the darkmeat, you could probably kick up the flavor by substituing thighs instead of breastmeat. but just a few potatoes and carrots, it's cheap enough.
I want to ask you a question. You obviously know how to cook, why not just make the curry sauce yourself? I guess that's why I asked about that type of shit.

You can cook and you know the spices and methods and whatever. Is it really just paying for the convenience? Don't get me wrong I do that with certain things, but if I'm going to make something that I really want to enjoy, it's always from scratch.

Sometimes they want to do a little bit of cheat, just depends upon what I'm making.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I want to ask you a question. You obviously know how to cook, why not just make the curry sauce yourself? I guess that's why I asked about that type of shit.

You can cook and you know the spices and methods and whatever. Is it really just paying for the convenience? Don't get me wrong I do that with certain things, but if I'm going to make something that I really want to enjoy, it's always from scratch.

Sometimes they want to do a little bit of cheat, just depends upon what I'm making.
the 2 japs i know use the curry blocks too, idk if Chysamere Chysamere knows any that uses the blocks as well and if Xarpolis Xarpolis wife uses the blocks.

i've made it once, i have the powder, it just didn't hit as hard

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
the 2 japs i know use the curry blocks too, idk if Chysamere Chysamere knows any that uses the blocks as well and if Xarpolis Xarpolis wife uses the blocks.

If it's got all the spices, etc, sounds like it's just a gravy mix basically. Nothing wrong with that. At the wheel isn't broken, don't fix it.

There are certain things that I'll never be able to make better, but it's still fun to try, That's The Joy of cooking.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Trying to clear freezer, had some pork loin chops. Deboned them,, quick 2 layer batter and into the deep fryer since I had it out from wife doing green tomatoes last night.

Pretty good I annihilated all 3 good sized (little chunks torn off from elbow of the T bone) by myself.

1728005024385.png

• 1Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Trying to clear freezer, had some pork loin chops. Deboned them,, quick 2 layer batter and into the deep fryer since I had it out from wife doing green tomatoes last night.

Pretty good I annihilated all 3 good sized (little chunks torn off from elbow of the T bone) by myself.

View attachment 550319
Asshole, now I want fried pork chops.

That looks delicious. Some things are just always better when they're fried so just catfish, and obviously pork chops.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream

She doesn't use the blocks. curry packets in a small cardboard box.

Burns

One of the few ways I will eat pork that isn't bacon or breaded & deep fried is Pork Chops Braised in Milk. It's cheap (for meat) and it makes it's own gravy. So it is absolutely perfect for some mashed/smashed cheesy potatoes that can be made while the pork is in mostly hands off mode, for a fairly easy meal.

Edit2: I've made smothered porkchops too, which are close, but more work.

Edit: This is an old recipe from someone that wasn't trying to sell add space for clicks, so it's not plated well, but it started good and got better after customizing it.
I added various stuff to this one (Italian seasoning or basil & oregano mostly, to better suit my tastes):

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
One of the few ways I will eat pork that isn't bacon or breaded & deep fried is Pork Chops Braised in Milk. It's cheap (for meat) and it makes it's own gravy. So it is absolutely perfect for some mashed/smashed cheesy potatoes that can be made while the pork is in mostly hands off mode, for a fairly easy meal.

Edit: This is an old recipe from someone that wasn't trying to sell add space for clicks, so it's not plated well, but it started good and got better after customizing it.
I added various stuff to this one (Italian seasoning or basil & oregano mostly, to better suit my tastes):
I want to say the Townsend colonials food cooking channel did something like this at some point. You're basically you making a white gravy. Well so I'll know what's best on making anything, the white version...👍🏻

My great-grandmother used to do breaded veal chops, and I know it's one of my uncle's favorite recipes. My mom used to make a maybe once a year when I was growing up, and it's sort of similar. Veal being a more delicate meat, you don't throw a lot of stuff at it, and if you don't have it, pound out some thick pork chops.

That same uncle and Aunt started doing fatty loin chops, but using Campbell's cream of mushroom soup, some stock, other aromatics, to essentially make a gravy base, but breading them in Italian breadcrumbs and spices. Brown them up.

One of you got to finish the chops off, and they need to be thick, you don't smother them by just rest them in the gravy, when you popping the hole tray in the oven. Serve with mashed potatoes and maybe some green beans or brussel sprouts.

He swears up and down that's the closest thing that his grandmother used to make, but being able to use pork instead of having a fork out money for the exorbitant cost of veal.

It's his favorite thing growing up as a kid. Basically if they went to go visit my great grandma she asked what do you want to eat, because that's when grandma's do, and it was breaded veal.

Easily one of my favorite meals from growing up in my mom and my uncle making it on special occasions.

I need to call him or mom and ask them exactly what they do. I think I kind of know the recipe, but I think I'll shoot that over to them because Friday I guess it's probably very close they grew up with.

Edit: sorry talk to text. Forgive me.

Last edited:
  • 1Like