Cheap Meals: Eating on a budget.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
It took a bit to find. Nothing from the guy himself confirming, but there are a few reddit posts saying he was hacked and had Crypto scams with Musk/Trump videos laced in uploaded to the channel before it went dark. Hopefully they just set the videos private, otherwise that's a lot of educational material they just fucked over.
I mean I don't know if YouTube back stuff up or he maybe has his videos stored. I would imagine a channel that big you'd have some sort of redundancies in place, but goddamn.

If it can happen to him you got to wonder who else that can happen to. I don't know much about crypto scams, but that's crazy if spend years cultivating something and honestly just putting out wonderful and helpful videos, and then it's just gone.

Burns

I mean I don't know if YouTube back stuff up or he maybe has his videos stored. I would imagine a channel that big you'd have some sort of redundancies in place, but goddamn.

If it can happen to him you got to wonder who else that can happen to. I don't know much about crypto scams, but that's crazy if spend years cultivating something and honestly just putting out wonderful and helpful videos, and then it's just gone.
Something like 6+ months ago, there was some other Youtube channel, that I occasionally watch, that got hacked the same way with crypto scams getting uploaded and such. I think all his videos got restored but don't know the process needed or how long it took. When you click his videos it just says they are private and not "does not exist," so hopefully it's as easy as making them public again once the account is unlocked and back under his control.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Something like 6+ months ago, there was some other Youtube channel, that I occasionally watch, that got hacked the same way with crypto scams getting uploaded and such. I think all his videos got restored but don't know the process needed or how long it took. When you click his videos it just says they are private and not "does not exist," so hopefully it's as easy as making them public again once the account is unlocked and back under his control.
Is it just stuff that gets uploaded and linked in the comments or something? I'm assuming that might be what it is, like I said I honestly just don't know.

I really hope it gets sorted out though. One of my favorite channels, and he's just passionate about cooking, and like you said a wealth of knowledge.

Burns

Is it just stuff that gets uploaded and linked in the comments or something? I'm assuming that might be what it is, like I said I honestly just don't know.

I really hope it gets sorted out though. One of my favorite channels, and he's just passionate about cooking, and like you said a wealth of knowledge.
I didn't see what exactly happened to the Chefs channel, but the one from last year had all his video's hidden or "deleted." Then new videos were uploaded that were premade and well produced "crypto investment" videos. They even had some live streams of investment subjects that was being streamed/cloned from a legit source, I think. I don't remember exactly how they scam or profit off these hacks though.

We talked a bit about it in a thread around here, at that time, but don't remember which thread or the exact time it happened.

• 1Like

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Everything is built on sand now (and multiple layers of sand at that). If you really like something, archive it.

• 1Like

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
The problem with most of those bars is the amount of sugar.

Let me introduce you to Fit Crunch

190 calories, 16g protein, 3 grams of sugar. Tastes like a Snickers.

Get them at Costco for about $18-22 for an 18 pack, depending on the sale.

• 1Like

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Let me introduce you to Fit Crunch

190 calories, 16g protein, 3 grams of sugar. Tastes like a Snickers.

Get them at Costco for about $18-22 for an 18 pack, depending on the sale.
I've definitely seen them, never tried as I basically wrote them off instantly due to what's his names face all over it. In general I'm trying to move toward eating less highly processed stuff on a regular basis. Also, if it's in the house I'll likely mow through that box in 2 weeks or less.