Chernobyl

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Man great explanation. I had completely forgot about Xenon poisoning. It was rarely mentioned in my classes because its just something you casually/procedurally handle so you don't have to deal with it.

Thanks Dyatlov.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Series finished out as amazing as the rest of it. This was masterful work on all fronts. I found myself completely engrossed by the gripping presentation many times, culminating in the flashbacks of the control room which started giving me a bit of anxiety as I watched it.

I really hope they do more stuff like this.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Not exactly sure what categories it all fits in but awards are coming. Easily the best thing I have watched this year.

• 2Like

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Not exactly sure what categories it all fits in but awards are coming. Easily the best thing I have watched this year.
There's not a category I can think of that it shouldn't be a front runner. Adapted screenplay/writing, direction, cinematography, music, costume, makeup, actors and supporting actors, special effects. Hell, I'd even give it kid's choice award for best kiss for the fireman and his wife.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I just received audiobook Chernobyl: The History of a Nuclear Catastrope by Serhii Plokhy. 12 discs + 1 of photos and diagrams.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
His recordings were passed around the scientific community, and none could deny: His mixtape was fire.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Now what do I have to look forward to watching week after week?

This show was amazing. A+ all around. Never a dull moment.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Series was awesome and I learned a few things about radiation while watching.

Deserves all the accolades and awards that it's bound to win.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Series finished out as amazing as the rest of it. This was masterful work on all fronts. I found myself completely engrossed by the gripping presentation many times, culminating in the flashbacks of the control room which started giving me a bit of anxiety as I watched it.

I really hope they do more stuff like this.
I agree. HBO could do a whole series on disasters throughout history. Their next show should be: "Game of Thrones Season 8: The Disaster Nobody Saw Coming"

• 5Like
  • 4Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They should do a docudrama about Ghengis Khan. If done correctly it could be awesome.

Or maybe the Manhattan Project.

This show was the best thing I've seen on TV since Game of Thrones season 3.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finally was able to watch the last episode last night. Amazing, really like how through testimony they walk you through step by step on how something like this can happen. I can only imagine the horror of that one engineer when he looks down at the reactor plate and sees all the rods going up and down like crazy. I think what made this show great was they really tried to be as close to recreating real events as possible. I even like how at the end they make it a point to explain that the female character (can't remember the name) was specifically created to represent those who tried to find out the truth.

You really start to reflect on the whole event, how big of a deal it was and how much bigger it could of been. It kind of makes you wonder how many times in history have humans been so close to wiping out thousands and thousands of people due to ignorance and incompetence. Of all the victims (there were a lot) I think I feel the most for the firefighters who charged in there trying to put the thing out, most of them not realizing they were dead before they ever got out of their trucks. This should win any award it's nominated for, it's that good.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Finally was able to watch the last episode last night. Amazing, really like how through testimony they walk you through step by step on how something like this can happen. I can only imagine the horror of that one engineer when he looks down at the reactor plate and sees all the rods going up and down like crazy. I think what made this show great was they really tried to be as close to recreating real events as possible.

You really start to reflect on the whole event, how big of a deal it was and how much bigger it could of been. It kind of makes you wonder how many times in history have humans been so close to wiping out thousands and thousands of people due to ignorance and incompetence. Of all the victims (there were a lot) I think I feel the most for the firefighters who charged in there trying to put the thing out, most of them not realizing they were dead before they ever got out of their trucks. This should win any award it's nominated for, it's that good.
podcast says legasov wasn't really at the trial, that was just a show trial against dyatlov and friends, even roose bolton was higher ranked than the judge, and that was also a real transcript from what he read.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
podcast says legasov wasn't really at the trial, that was just a show trial against dyatlov and friends, even roose bolton was higher ranked than the judge, and that was also a real transcript from what he read.

I got a sense the judge wasn't that high up there when Boris stood up and told him to let Legasov finish his testimony. He then looked at Roose who nodded approval.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Even if the judge and prosecutor were fairly powerful, Scherbina was a member of the Central Committee and vice chairman of the Counsel of Ministers. That's like having the Vice President and Secretary of Energy in the room.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
attaching all 5 of the scripts for the show if you want to look at them.

Attachments

• Chernobyl_Episode-5Vichnaya-Pamyat.pdf
    147.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Chernobyl_Episode-11_23_45.pdf
    120.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Chernobyl_Episode-2Please-Remain-Calm.pdf
    136.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Chernobyl_Episode-3Open-Wide-O-Earth.pdf
    121.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Chernobyl_Episode-4The-Happiness-Of-All-Mankind.pdf
    130.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 3Like