City of Heroes has actually been online for years....

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
That’s pretty wild, good for them. Has anything like this happened before?
I don't believe so.

A buddy of mine who I played the game with sent that to me this morning, and that was his first thought on the matter. Neither of us could think of another example of this happening.

Good for them and us fans of the game. I haven't logged on in a while, but I believe they've actually been doing new content with quests and power sets and what have you. Think I'm going to fire it back up and check it out.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I still have an old home brewed villain char. Game was awesome with pals.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

I want to check it out again - last time I played the game was pre-WoW. A bunch of the old EQ1 crew from my guild played it for like a month - most of us hit a wall around level 25-30+ and then people quit. The XP loss mechanic made it hard to do dungeons if your group wasnt optimized.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Are the instructions on the first post still accurate or is there another way to get started?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I DLed this for fun just because I hadn't played this in forever.

The UI is painful and apparently they reworked the new char thing since the original launch and no idea where anything is.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Are the instructions on the first post still accurate or is there another way to get started?
Might be, but I think if you go to the homecoming forum or website there should be a sticky post with whatever their current instructions are and probably links to download tequila.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Man it's been so long - mastermind wasn't a class when I last played, so I am trying that for now. Feel like an EQ1 necro/mage using pets lol

Still the best character creator of any MMO ever made, IMO. I spent like an hour making my hero.

On a side note, they have double XP on a few servers to take the load off some of the more populated ones, so probably a good bet to pick those servers to get your new character leveled up

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Man it's been so long - mastermind wasn't a class when I last played, so I am trying that for now. Feel like an EQ1 necro/mage using pets lol

Still the best character creator of any MMO ever made, IMO. I spent like an hour making my hero.

On a side note, they have double XP on a few servers to take the load off some of the more populated ones, so probably a good bet to pick those servers to get your new character leveled up
Hell yeah it is. I've got more alts and just goofy characters I've made trying to do some fun concept and that really is the highlight of the game. Friends and I would always make weird themed guilds. When everything got fired back up we made the Church of Scientology. But he played a mastermind with thugs as Elron Hubbard, another guy playing the Thatin Thunder, and I was Lord Xenu as one of the alien class deal.

Did level a mastermind necro guy, Doctor Necropolis, up to 50 and it was a lot of fun. I really like the fact that they opened up all the different classes between both villain or hero and then you can always switch between the two worlds. When the game was still out originally I didn't do much of the villain stuff and some of that world and the story missions are pretty fun. I think the last guy I was working on was a dark / dark brute.

Even made Patrick Swayze, patron saint of bouncers as some type of scrapper. I think we all kind of felt when playing the game that you end up spending more time and the character creation screen than anything else. It's just fun to go make something goofy and then show up in Atlas City and everybody gets a laugh.

Really is just such a fun game.

Edit:talk to text

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Fired this up because why not i'm bored and it's...just as i remembered, only +more stuff. Kind of confusing as crafting wasnt in the game when last i played so i'm just ignoring anything not an enhancement and might figure it out later. Rolled an Energy blaster as that's what i played at launch and it's clearly not the godmode it once was.

lvl 15 blaster: Kaiss, on Excelsior

• 2Like

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
He has been reborn!

image-11.png

• 6Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I swear xp is faster in this version. You get a good group and you'll get 4 levels an hour it seems like. Also people just give influence out like it's candy. Got amount 10 million from various people giving me influence.

• 1Like

Cybsled

They are having a double XP thing on a few servers right now, although outside of that I wouldn't be shocked if the XP/influence #s in general are tweaked a bit

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Is there a setting to change the font/ui scale? Shit is so tiny I can't read anything at high resolutions.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I swear xp is faster in this version. You get a good group and you'll get 4 levels an hour it seems like. Also people just give influence out like it's candy. Got amount 10 million from various people giving me influence.
I'm pretty sure they actually screwed with the experience curve, but like others have said they run events where it might be double XP. I think you can also switch a setting to give you more experience but you get less rewards or something. Sorry it's been a while since I've logged in.