Civilization VI

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
I'm waiting on this one until there are some sort of reviews or reveals about multiplayer. Still not even sure if they will have hot seat local multiplayer in it that Civ 5 had as there has been basically 0 talk about multiplayer.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Has anyone been watching the AI go at it? I just realized the battle was on so missed most of it. How's it doing?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
PC gamer gave this game the same score they gave launch Civ 5, a 93.

I'm going to wait a few days and trust what I hear from you bro's. I want to hear from someone that has 4-5 play through's. I mean, I would have probably given Civ 5 a 90/100 or so on first play... but by the 3rd game, I was fucking bored to tears and pretty much hated it.

Still holding out hope that this is as good as the hype machine says it is.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I'm being tempted by this. I haven't bought a game at launch since GTA5.

I just preloaded after watching streams all morning, was thinking of VPNing to play but fuck it I got shit to do, don't want to completely rek my day.

It's looking pretty damn feature complete for a vanilla civ release.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Not sleeping tonight. Been theorycrafting city-placement diagrams on my D&D hex maps to have a "baseline" for how effectively you can overlap districts for shared bonuses, and whether the third ring of the city actually matters. Most of the streams don't seem to be hitting very high Population #s in their end game, but that could just be not having housing/growth stuff worked out proper yet.

River, OIdgrowth Forest, and Mountains are important enough that I don't think there'll be a "just build this cluster of cities" template go to.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Not sleeping tonight. Been theorycrafting city-placement diagrams on my D&D hex maps to have a "baseline" for how effectively you can overlap districts for shared bonuses, and whether the third ring of the city actually matters. Most of the streams don't seem to be hitting very high Population #s in their end game, but that could just be not having housing/growth stuff worked out proper yet.

River, OIdgrowth Forest, and Mountains are important enough that I don't think there'll be a "just build this cluster of cities" template go to.

You may find this helpful, don't click though if you want to figure it out yourself.

roUW0RN.png

faille

Molten Core Raider
Not really liking it. Feels pretty much like a sequel to Civ V so fans of that one should be happy but doesn't do it for me.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
downloading the full demo first.

Probably have to wait for two expansions for it to be not utter shit anyways

You may find this helpful, don't click though if you want to figure it out yourself.

wow, encampment AND city center can fire on enemies now? I really hope it's not gonna be twice as strong as a Civ 5 City, that would just be fucking absurd.

I hope they fixed ranged and siege units this time around. The glaring flaw of BNW...

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just played for 5 minutes this morning before leaving. Graphics are ok, UI is very small ( I didnt check the option if I can adjust it), what bothered me was that I can't move freely over the map by moving the mouse to the side of the screen, I have to middle-click on a tile to center the screen on it. bummer.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Definitely plenty of new things to figure out. Balancing the Civics selections should be interesting. I'm going to avoid spoilers for a little while, so figuring out districts and such will be a process. There's some UI and convenience stuff that bugs me (though that might just be because I was so used to the good UI mods from Civ 5). Three hours in, I'm enjoying it, but haven't really gotten a chance to interact with the AI too much (starting out on an Islands map).

I have to say, I really hate that there isn't a restart game button on the first turn. It's cheesy but I really liked being able to get to a starting area I was happy with. Now I have to go to the main menu and reselect everything each time.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Just played for 5 minutes this morning before leaving. Graphics are ok, UI is very small ( I didnt check the option if I can adjust it), what bothered me was that I can't move freely over the map by moving the mouse to the side of the screen, I have to middle-click on a tile to center the screen on it. bummer.

You might go to Users/YouName/Documents/My Games/Civilization VI and open UserOptions.txt.

Find this and change it to 1:

;Enables always-on screen edge scrolling, 0 = off
EdgePan 0

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
Yes you can, just set it in your options. Its not on by default is all.

Also I'm probably retarded but how the hell do you promote a unit once its earned one?

iannis

Musty Nester
Tempted by this, but after 5 and BE I'm just not sure firaxis is capable anymore.

Maybe in a few months. Stellaris is scratching the itch, even though once you hit breakout in that game then running the map is a foregone conclusion. I've still managed to lose a few stellaris games though. Sometimes the AI will get wise and pre preemptively gangland your butthole inside out.

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
Running mostly fine so far. Was a glitch where the promotion button on units wasnt showing up but a reload fixed that. Also, if you do the tutorial dont build something before the tutorial asks you to. If it decides to ask you for it midway through producing it you wont like what (doesnt) happen next. Ever again. :p

Also, Norway is a pack of homicidal fuckers. :p

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1. I hate how you can't mouse over terrain to see the terrain anymore
2. Can't turn off resource icons with usual key binds
3. Key binds anyways? B was bombard for range attack and for Found City. Since no ranged units could found cities, and settles couldn't bombard, this worked. Now it doesn't anymore.
4. "Wait" command removed completely, like in BE. fuckers.
5. Why are there explosions when warriors fight spearmen?