Classic Movies to Watch With Your Kids...

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I can't believe we are doing this again.

The Last Dragon
Karate Kid (OG version)
Rocky
Jaws
E.T.
Goonies
Gremlins 1 and 2
Back to the Future 1-3
Transformers: The Movie

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
The Land Before Time
Star Wars Trilogy
Toy Story trilogy
Jurassic Park
The Lion King
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (original)

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Please. Making your kids watch the prequels should qualify for child abuse.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Toony

Molten Core Raider
Funny, when I read classic I thought Wizard of Oz, Mary Poppins and Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory....

khorum

Murder Apologist
What kinda pussies are you people raising?

Here. You're welcome:

The movie that spawned a generation of atheists:

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The_Goonies.jpg

The_Lion_King_poster.jpg

MV5BNTI4ODQ1MzAzNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzU4NzMxMDE@._V1_UY1200_CR135,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Raiders.jpg

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
While these are a little more on the adultish side I watched them growing up and you should totally watch them with the kids.

Bloodsport,
Terminator,
Terminator 2,
The Running Man

You know what scratch that. there should just be a thread for older awesome action movies.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Fuck yes... there was a revival of Labyrinth after Bowie died, actually. It aged pretty well but I wouldn't say it's quite a children's movie.

A few more that DIDN'T age too well but that I saw with the kids when they were little:

This one is a favorite that definitely hasn't aged well... but there's a bit of a scene on youtube with film/editing buffs making modern trailers of 80's classics and this one is pretty good:

Last edited:
  • 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
Excellent choice. For the grownups, try to think of them as Claire Underwood and Inigo Montoya as Saul from Homeland.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Excellent choice. For the grownups, try to think of them as Claire Underwood and Inigo Montoya as Saul from Homeland.

What does it say about the state of cinema today, that my kids like Ghostbusters/Karate Kid/Back to the Future more than anything (with the exception of the Marvel movies).

khorum

Murder Apologist
That's complicated lol. Theaters have to bring SPECTACLE to justify the $15 bucks per ass nowadays. They know they can't compete with the HBO's for the quality and they know they can't compete with the netflixes for the volume, so they need to cram as much bang into those 90 minutes for the buck.

Back in the 80s we had a choice between reruns of Three's Company or shitty B-movies and first base... easy decision.