College Football 2016-2017 Season

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Anyone 'member last years first four? Mississippi State, Auburn, Ole Miss, and Florida State. Anyone 'member how that turned out? I 'member! It's almost like there are still a lot of games left and the rankings are going to drastically change!

View attachment 96030

Yes, that totally justifies pulling rankings out of your dick. Fucking derp. If all of those teams had won out, do you reckon they'd have made the CFB Playoff?! In other words, just because A$M is dog shit, and everyone knows they're dog shit, and they will lose another game - that someone justifies ranking them above better, more deserving teams, because "it'll all work out anyway!"

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes, that totally justifies pulling rankings out of your dick. Fucking derp. If all of those teams had won out, do you reckon they'd have made the CFB Playoff?! In other words, just because A$M is dog shit, and everyone knows they're dog shit, and they will lose another game - that someone justifies ranking them above better, more deserving teams, because "it'll all work out anyway!"

A&M has beaten better teams than Louisville or Washington. Sorry you got your pussy grabbed by an Aggie sometime in your past. Calm your tits. A&M is probably going to lose 2 more games, then you and Lost Virtue are going to talk shit for some reason.

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
Obviously the rankings will change by the end of the season. However, acting like they don't matter is a little insincere. Everything is based on those rankings
How many ranked teams did your team beat? Depends on the rankings.

You lose a game and you drop x places, depending on the rank of the team that beat you.

Well, my team has beaten #2 and #12, but your team only beat #4 and #15!

These rankings, the AP poll, even the bullshit pre-season rankings that everyone KNOWS are bullshit - they all end up impacting the entire season.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
A&M has beaten better teams than Louisville or Washington. Sorry you got your pussy grabbed by an Aggie sometime in your past. Calm your tits. A&M is probably going to lose 2 more games, then you and Lost Virtue are going to talk shit for some reason.

I think A&M is a good team, so won't be talking shit about them. I also only see 1 potential loss on their schedule and even I'm doubtful they lose to LSU. My issue is, in no way should they be ranked better than Washington at this moment. UCLA is trash and Arkansas always seems to be overrated and ends with a mediocre record at the end, but it gets propped up once again the next year and same results happens (definition of insanity; theyll have 5-6 losses by the end of the season). Tennessee win is quality? Lol

If A&M wins out then I could likely justify them being ranked better than even an undefeated Washington team, just not as the season stands right now.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
This is the worst OU defense I've ever seen over more than half a season. Mike Stoop's Bitch ass should have been fired years ago.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Wtf is this, sleepwalk Saturday? Auburn looks like shit vs Vandy, MS State beating A&M by 14. Could be an interesting Arkansas game and then LSU v Bama tonight.

I'm assuming the universe will correct itself.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
It'll be very, very interesting if A&M ends up losing to Miss. St. the week where they were put as #4 in the initial standings. I expect A&M to win (I don't expect them to lose any games the rest of the way), but would definitely bring up some interesting conversations across football fans and media. Begs the question how much of a jump will Miss. St. get even after some lol'worthy losses.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Such interesting timing of their loss... Still trying to understand how they lost, but w/e. Incoming Miss. St. coming into the CFP top 25 with a mighty 4-5 record

SEC? SEC? SEC...?

Bama' better not fucking lose though. I want them to blow out LSU by 40+

This was still the best thing to happen:

Last edited:

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
A&M lost 3 spots in the AP, and 4 spots in the Coaches..? I would've put them at around 15'ish. That drop is basically nothing.

I also think OSU should've went to #4 as they decimated Nebraska. No idea how we are ahead of OSU in the AP, I don't believe we should be at all.

Last edited:

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah but A&M's only relevance is in what that does to them in the SEC West. And right now it knocks them out of contention in playing for the SEC Championship. With their 2nd conference loss the head to head vs. Auburn doesn't mean much. We beat Bama and go to the championship, continue to move up nationally. We lost to Bama, Bama still goes and stays #1. They might get a slightly better bowl projection, but their hope for anything else is basically over.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
As much as Petrino can be a whiney bitch, he does make up a good point about how going by the CFP standards, Clemson should be #1 over Alabama. Not sure if people saw his little talk after our game but he did call out the committee for being entirely selective on how they use their metrics and there is a basic lack of consistency. Andrea Adleson had a nice follow-up on the front of Espn about it.

Wish it would just go to a 8 team where all conference champs are in, or atleast all P5 champs and the rest being bids.

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
He is absolutely correct, but probably not supposed to say it! The ESPN article was spot on. "Margin of victory doesn't matter, until it does." Exactly right. I don't necessarily know if a 40 point win counts more than a 30 point win, but we do hear all the time how a certain team "struggled" against a team when they barely beat them. A win is a win, unless it's a close win? Unless you're Alabama, then it's a "slugfest."

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
The Michigan games are so boring this year (Thankfully) but even when it's 35-0 at the half, you know they have to keep lighting these teams up so they don't slip up in the polls. Like Thengel said, unless you're Alabama it doesn't make sense to let teams get within 5 TD's.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
More funky inconsistency. A&M loses to a 3-5 team and drops 4 spots in playoff poll. Just don't understand the logic, but maybe we're not supposed to or the committee is just playing darts with teams.

Glad Washington finally got where they deserve.