College Football 2022-23 Season.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Jeez, I turned it off after Georgia’s first score in the 3rd and just checked the score.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, that game was sad. I of course want UGA to win but that was a slaughter. That was not what a championship should look like. Alabama's third string would have given UGA a better challenge. Its like there are all these divisions and then there is the

1673361279019.png

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Thing that sucks about this blowout is that they will never consider lesser conferences now in the CFP for who know how long.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yep,

Maybe then we can start dissolving some of the lesser conferences and create 4 major conferences, similiar to the divisions in the NFL. Its stupid having 11 conferences where most of them do not have a chance to represent. Just change the system like the playoff system is being altered. In short, create the College Football League with 4 divisions and a 12 game playoff system. Everyone plays within their own division up to the playoffs. This would go a long way in to weeding out the lesser undefeated teams and help to prevent this stupidity of a championship game.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Thing that sucks about this blowout is that they will never consider lesser conferences now in the CFP for who know how long.

I honestly feel bad for TCU and their fans

• 1Worf

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
My thought on that is that you really want the same 10-12 schools every year in the running and that's it? With that sort of television exposure on ONLY those teams, blue chippers will always keep those same schools as the ONLY schools for a decade.

BUT...yeah, if TCU getting stomped is what we get for national title games...

fifty-fifty-redd-foxx.gif

Last edited:

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
My thought on that is that you really want the same 10-12 schools every year in the running and that's it? With that sort of television exposure on ONLY those teams, blue chippers will always keep those same schools as the ONLY schools for a decade.

BUT...yeah, if TCU getting stomped is what we get for national title games...

View attachment 452344

I think the intent is to have "the best" schools in the running every year. If it happens to be the same 10-12, it just is what it is.

I'm sure Bama feels pretty vindicated by the score.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I think the intent is to have "the best" schools in the running every year. If it happens to be the same 10-12, it just is what it is.

I'm sure Bama feels pretty vindicated by the score.

You're absolutely correct. That's what I want also. Looking at these lesser conferences is like looking at the WNBA. But how do you actually make it so that other schools can actually be even considers for being in that group. Up here in Boston, there is ZERO point ZERO chance of Boston College getting into the top 10 in my lifetime. Hence, I just can't become a fan of college football.

Coach/Program is 50% of getting your school into the running. 50% is obviously the players. The great coaches rarely move. So that leaves the players. Kids will want to go where they can get exposure obviously. How can we even get the to consider the Wisconsin's of the world when they know they will see zero national coverage.

I am REALLY hoping Deion Sanders can turn Colorado around. I'm a huge fan. But unless he coaches his ass of the next couple years, it will take him a minimum of five years or more to get them back to relevancy based upon what I said earlier. Let's see how his program goes.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

BUT. yeah, if TCU getting stomped is what we get for national title games...

View attachment 452344
You're absolutely correct. That's what I want also. Looking at these lesser conferences is like looking at the WNBA. But how do you actually make it so that other schools can actually be even considers for being in that group. Up here in Boston, there is ZERO point ZERO chance of Boston College getting into the top 10 in my lifetime. Hence, I just can't become a fan of college football.

Coach/Program is 50% of getting your school into the running. 50% is obviously the players. The great coaches rarely move. So that leaves the players. Kids will want to go where they can get exposure obviously. How can we even get the to consider the Wisconsin's of the world when they know they will see zero national coverage.

I am REALLY hoping Deion Sanders can turn Colorado around. I'm a huge fan. But unless he coaches his ass of the next couple years, it will take him a minimum of five years or more to get them back to relevancy based upon what I said earlier. Let's see how his program goes.
they do need to add more teams

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Going by a single game, Michigan didn't deserve to be the National Title game either, since they got run by TCU and gave up 50+. Ohio St didn't deserve to be there since they couldn't even beat Michigan. Everyone in the SEC lost to Georgia by more than 13 except Kentucky and Tennessee. Who exactly DID deserve to be there???

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Last night was just a horrific style matchup. TCU is better than that score indicated, but yeah they never had a chance. Makes you sorta scratch your head at Michigan.

• 1Like