Comic Books

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Went down to St. Petersburg FL this past weekend to see a friend and found a great comic book store there, Emerald City Comics. They actually had a ton of old comics and back issues. Bought some late 70's, early 80's ASM and Avengers as well as picking up ASM #122 in great shape, ASM #238 and #252.

The sad thing is back before I sold my books I had almost ever issue of ASM from 100-275. Having to re-purchase them sucks but I'm glad to have them again.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Blasphemy!

My poor maligned Dr Strange has kind of gone to shit in the past decade or so, hasn't he
frown.png

Worse is they never managed to produce a reasonable replacement.

I may need to find a new way to find and read comics online since I stopped it seems my reader doesn't even work right anymore and none of the sites either.
sorry dude dr strange for the past 10 years has just been a foil, a plot device. "something is wrong with soandso, science can't help... to the mystical realm". In civil war all he was, was just part of the underground railroad, sheltering superhero refugee's, then when he's not the sorceror supreme no more, he just says, "hey avengers, i have no use, but i have this awesome man servant you can have in avengers mansion", then of course he easily get's his powers back and he justs spends his time going "why is he/she in a coma? to the mysical realm!", so he's more of a consultant, than a superhero, and we have to kill dr strange, cuz he's about the only way parker can come back, imo. or kill mephisto, idk, parker might do a "sell your soul ala ghost rider/spiderman""

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
i really hope superior spiderman stays with the status quo, as in parker is dead, perma dead, no nothing is alive. Now they've failed at this... ultimate spiderman and little blackboy spidey is a trainwreck, and godaweful to read, affirmative action spiderman is just bad, but parker is really really really dead. hopefully in superior spiderman he stays really really really dead, and just kill off dr strange too, cuz he messes everything up.
Kinda almost see Parker coming back thanks to some cloning shenanigans or something (suggesting this makes my head hurt after the clone stuff before) and not resuming being Spider-Man for a time. Title hasn't been this popular in a long time, regularly reselling out, 2nd and third printings of some issues.

Unrelated, going to my first comic con in a decade or more, the Amazing Vegas Comic Con. Going to get some of my worthless 90s comics signed by Lee, Liefeld and Capullo... and some newer books by guys like Remender. Have an Amazing Spider-Man #41 in poor condition that I'm going to get signed by Stan Lee (he's 90, probably my last chance to meet the guy) and basically thank him for the imagination that I have now and my first job at a comic shop that made me who I am today. Should be fun going as a fan but not really a collector. Panels and stuff still TBD.

Since I've got to go through all my books anyways to find issues for this con, I've done some poking around and decided on a couple things to finally catalog my collection:

This scanner app for my phone:https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ctorz.clzbarry

...which will populate a text file with ISBNs and this program will create a collection from them:

http://www.collectorz.com/comic/

You can even edit the entries to add things like location (ie longbox).

Anyone ever try and do anything similar?

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
sorry dude dr strange for the past 10 years has just been a foil, a plot device. "something is wrong with soandso, science can't help... to the mystical realm". In civil war all he was, was just part of the underground railroad, sheltering superhero refugee's, then when he's not the sorceror supreme no more, he just says, "hey avengers, i have no use, but i have this awesome man servant you can have in avengers mansion", then of course he easily get's his powers back and he justs spends his time going "why is he/she in a coma? to the mysical realm!", so he's more of a consultant, than a superhero, and we have to kill dr strange, cuz he's about the only way parker can come back, imo. or kill mephisto, idk, parker might do a "sell your soul ala ghost rider/spiderman""
You're right and I know it. Doesn't mean I have to be happy about it though. Dr Strange was always a favorite I guess, and him being kind of a side character like that is kind of a shame.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It feels weird to say, but I'm really digging Aquaman. So far my tops are probably Action Comics, Batman and Batman Incorporated (fuck that last issue though), Aquaman, and Flash. Everything I've read so far has been pretty good, except Batgirl.

Darshu_sl

shitlord
Not sure how I feel about Age of Ultron. I started off pretty strong and I read straight through all issues in one sitting but the path they're taking is a slippery slope.
The ending is going to completely make or break it. I didn't read what came out on 6/5 yet...

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
10 parts in and I feel like even they don't know how to end it. Feels like there's 10 more parts to go. All of this just to set up this new AI book it seems.

Also, not even sure what to think of this team. It's a team put together because as part of Infinity the Avengers will be off-world fighting whatever:

- Luke Cage
- Superior Spider-Man
- White Tiger
- Power Man
- Blue Marvel
- She Hulk

http://www.newsarama.com/17977-infin...to-marvel.html

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
10 parts in and I feel like even they don't know how to end it. Feels like there's 10 more parts to go. All of this just to set up this new AI book it seems.

Also, not even sure what to think of this team. It's a team put together because as part of Infinity the Avengers will be off-world fighting whatever:

- Luke Cage
- Superior Spider-Man
- White Tiger
- Power Man
- Blue Marvel
- She Hulk

http://www.newsarama.com/17977-infin...to-marvel.html
I don't even know who Blue Marvel or White Tiger are
frown.png

Does Superior Spider Man still seem like Peter Parker to people, like... Wouldn't Luke Cage say "Jeez Pete, feeling ok there?" after he gutted his third henchman of the night?

Hamscratch_sl

shitlord
I'm sure people don't like Kevin Smith, but he has a podcast calledFatman on Batman. He brings people who have worked with Batman in some form onto the show and has some awesome conversations with them.

The first few episodes cover a lot of the Animated Series stuff, with a great two-parter with Mark Hamill (who played the joker on the animated series). After that, the guests start being guys who worked on the comics and have such great insight.

Even if you aren't a huge fan of Batman, the guests typically talk about their careers and all of the other stuff they have worked on

Some of the guests: Paul Dini, Grant Morrison, Jeph Loeb, Scott Snyder, Jim Lee, Stan Lee.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did you even bother to look his signature up before you decided to try and act like a douche?

That signature looks good, and the embellishment on the eyes is a nice touch. Congrats.