Community Gaming Events - Tournament 6/2

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ok so. If no one else plays, we will have dandain and sen on different teams. And have a best of five. :) hopefully more come.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
I wont be participating since I haven't played Rocket League before but I have to say this:

Utnayan, you are awesome for arranging this.

It's a really good idea for organising gaming events for the board and to foster a tighter community. I hope this becomes a regular thing if it is successful and would love to help when I can for any future events for other games.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Thanks bud! :)

So I think this is how it will be - Dandain and Sen please let me know what you think.

Dandain and Brekk Vs Sen and Omi!

5 rounds. Best of 5. I will be doing the play by play on Twitch for those who want to view live/later.

Match starts at 7pm central. Everyone try to be online by 6:45pm central to start.

I'll be closing the entrance tonight so if you are interested to play please post here by 10pm central tonight.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok so we are locked for the 2v2 best of 5 rocket league tournament.

@brekk
Dandain Dandain
S Senaiel
Omi43221 Omi43221

The teams will be Dandain and Brekk Vs Senaiel and Omi. Best of 5 will win the prize. $50 will be split into $25 (One $25 gift card for each team member)

Tournament starts at 7pm central time Saturday 4-1. I will be streaming the event via Twitch and will post that information here when I make the account :)

Good luck fellas! Please try to be on no later than 6:45 central.

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
Only 4 of us? Can I suggest a change. Instead of two set teams we play with each of the other players twice and then track most wins per player. Tie breaker goes to who scored the most goals. (I also leaning towards giving the gift certificate to Utnayan for setting this up.)

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
We could do it that way too. For example are you talking about something like this?

Brekk and Dain Vs Sen and you for 3 games.
Dain and you vs Sen and Brekk for 3 games.

Two highest winners take the prize. In case of 3 way tie or 4 way tie, most goals scored by the top two?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Also thanks for the thought of the gift card. It it's coming out of my own pocket. It's fun to do for me and adds some fun flare to the tournament. :)

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
We could do it that way too. For example are you talking about something like this?

Brekk and Dain Vs Sen and you for 3 games.
Dain and you vs Sen and Brekk for 3 games.

Two highest winners take the prize. In case of 3 way tie or 4 way tie, most goals scored by the top two?

This is what I am Suggesting

@brekk and Dandain Dandain vs S Senaiel and Omi43221 Omi43221
@brekk and S Senaiel vs Dandain Dandain and Omi43221 Omi43221
@brekk and Omi43221 Omi43221 vs S Senaiel and Dandain Dandain

Then repeat that rotation once and keep track of individual records with tie breaker going to most goals
So six games total, Games are usually 10 minutes so that's roughly an hour of play, probably hour and half for complete tournament.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Here is the problem. Dain and sen will mop the floor with you two. :)

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
So we really need to get some more people involved. If people aren't participating because they would be literally buying the game today. We should make a new player bracket, last minute I know. But the game is not big if people feel spontaneous to download it. We can do cross platform play in custom lobbies. So as long as we have a way to communicate, like a laptop discord (for even just listening). The logistics aren't hard here.

I'm fine with round robin, if for no other reason than to participate. Its tough to call this fair, let me just say that if we rolled the UT-Prize over into a bigger game tourney, or a future Rocket league weekend. If we could get 2 more players, even 2 pure nubs. We could do some round robin 3v3's also.

My thoughts are just that we have to have more than fucking 4 people on this entire forum. With this in mind, if people aren't participating because they can't make it. It'd be better if we had a list of those who would but can't if the time were different. Might be more effort than its worth, but pinning down a "event night" even that happens to be Thursday or Sunday or whatever might be a good first step to generate a generic best time to play any forum game event.

If people who would play but can't, would post at least we'd have a master list of possibles.

I will still participate tomorrow.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah going forward we should do that. I would at least like to get one going to start a pattern and stick to having them. I was planning on one tournament every three weeks. Various prizes. this is kind of a dry run anyway. I'm guessing if it was a hearthstone tournament (which I also plan on running) we would see more people?

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Once you get it rolling it will see more participation. For a while we had a pretty good Blood Bowl league going here.

I imagine participation will also heavily depend on game choice. I'll likely participate in a tourney for a game I already own, if one comes up (or it's a super budget title or on sale at that time).

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Hey @brekk S Senaiel Omi43221 Omi43221 dain had something come up and cannot make the tourney. Should we do a round robin 1v1 or post pone until next Saturday? I can do next Saturday at 7 as well.