Computer Issues

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I agree, the CPU spitting out codes on init is suspicious though. Could just be a symptom of a bad motherboard.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My son's PC lost the video signal last night. Monitor works. Looked inside and the fan wasn't spinning on the video card. Swapped the card to the other PCIE slot and it started working. Plugged in monitor and stuff and display comes up, come back a little later and the fan isn't spinning again and no signal.

This build has had issues with the USB ports as well, should I go ahead and assume that I should just replace the motherboard at this point or does it sound like some other issue?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seems to power everything else just fine. Tried two different dongles on the card and didn't change anything.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Meh, switched it into an old PC and it did the same thing. Put a different card in the son's PC and seems to be working. I guess its the card. Supposedly a three year warranty from EVGA, emailed them to see what's up.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Anyone have an idea about this?

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586.

Will not install - it asks me to reboot/shut down and install and no matter how many times I do it simply turns off the PC and boots back as normal.

Is there a cache file or something I can delete to force it?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
my pny 960 is fan has an intermittent rattle that repeats itself like every 20 seconds. annoying as fuck. crank up the fan speed and i still hear it but it's muffled.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You can replace fans on cards, but on a 960 I'd probably say skip the hassle and just buy a new card if it's bothering you that much.

Could also just cut the power cord to the problem fan if you can isolate it, it'll be fine with slightly less venting.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
So I've had this issue for awhile now, it used to be intermittent (seemed to be based on reboots and such), but now it's always. When I watch Netflix out of my Firefox browser, there's an extreme CPU hiccup when it loads a new episode of a show. For about 3-4 seconds, the CPU is basically 99% monopolized by Netflix, so anything else I'm doing completely pauses/hitches, and in fact, the entire PC has hard-locked a couple of times recently based on me accidentally doing something new/big right at the same time Netflix wants to take over my CPU power. I have both noscript and adblock for Firefox, but adblock is disabled for netflix and all scripts are enabled that it's asking for.

Any ideas? This is totally obnoxious.