Computer Issues

Ome

Molten Core Raider
We could hear everything so it would load windows. It would also happen sometimes while playing a game. Black screen, no video detected, still able to hear sound.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I would guess it's the video card then. I'd make sure it's fully seated and secured in the slot. Are there other PCI-e slots you can try temporarily to rule that out?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Sadly that's a no go. Going to order a video card and hope thats the issue. Thanks for the help Noodle.

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
I've been having some funky random crash issues. Sometimes in game, sometimes out of sleep, sometimes just doing productivity stuff. Screens flick out and back and eventually crashes, sometimes hanging with case fans are full blast. Sometimes it's a reboot.

Running memtest86 and bought some RAM to exclude that, then I guess I'll try to figure out how to get a replacement Video Card to try.

After that I guess it's mobo?

Crashed are super random. I can play for 8 hours with no issues one day and then have a day with 3 or four crashes.

I just took apart the PC to move it into a new case, so I know things are seated nicely and such.

So frustrating.

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
I've been having some funky random crash issues. Sometimes in game, sometimes out of sleep, sometimes just doing productivity stuff. Screens flick out and back and eventually crashes, sometimes hanging with case fans are full blast. Sometimes it's a reboot.

Running memtest86 and bought some RAM to exclude that, then I guess I'll try to figure out how to get a replacement Video Card to try.

After that I guess it's mobo?

Crashed are super random. I can play for 8 hours with no issues one day and then have a day with 3 or four crashes.

I just took apart the PC to move it into a new case, so I know things are seated nicely and such.

So frustrating.
Sounds like might be power supply, try a spare one first. If you suspect Gfx card try it in another PC first. Does your CPU have onboard Gfx? Take out Gfx card and try onboard video. I would not recommend randomly replacing anything (unless Gfx card is shit) until you've explored cheaper investigation options.

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider

Was on sale for like $60, the bad reviews were DOA, but it works. Like I said just wonky reboots.

Was kind of hoping it wasn't power supply because they are expensive now a days.

Guess I could buy one to test with.

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
Ordered this power supply to try and test with, if that turns out to be the problem $80 isn't terrible and I've had good luck with corsair renewed items.

If it does end up being the problem I'll try to get my Coolermaster replaced via warranty and sell it for $80 bucks to offset.

If it turns out it's not RAM or PSU thayts tough.

Corsair CX Series 750 Watt 80 Plus Bronze Modular Power Supply (CP-9020061-NA) (Renewed)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Amazon return policy is very lenient. I'd guess PSU then move down the chain. If you get no errors in memtest I seriously doubt it's RAM

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
aight boys quick question

heres 2 screenshots from windir, i have the same nvidia folder in program files folder then again in the program data folder, trying to free up another 10gigs, and this seems to be the only place i have wiggle room, my drive is filled up from warzone and a few other games.

im gonna include a screenshot of my full windir, the only place i can make room would be if i can move these windows folder to my other HD but its not an SSD, theres also a folder named <files> that i dont think i can move

or should i just move CoD to my regular HD? i mean there aint no loading except in the begining, or Pso2 on my regular HD but i feel like that game is gonna be full of loading screens

helpmeee3.png

thats my entire windir

helpmee2.png

second one is the folder in question if it can be deleted or moved to my other HD (non SSD)

and this third one is basically the same folder in a different folder, can this be moved as well?
helpmeee1.png

Last edited:

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The Nvidia Downloader folder is probable just a bunch of old installers. Link below shows what to delete. Any time you update drivers now, in GeForce Experience use custom install and be sure to check "clean installation" and it will only save the driver you are installing and the previous one in case you have to revert.

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
Sounds like might be power supply, try a spare one first. If you suspect Gfx card try it in another PC first. Does your CPU have onboard Gfx? Take out Gfx card and try onboard video. I would not recommend randomly replacing anything (unless Gfx card is shit) until you've explored cheaper investigation options.
Agree. How old is the PSU? which model?

Here is where we are at...

New RAM didn't fix it.

New PSU didn't fix it.

New GPU didn't fix it.

That leaves me with Ryzen 3600 or my x470 Taichi.

Unless it's something really weird like Corsair fans/hubs, etc.

Now here is a new quirk, I've noticed my clock hasn't been keeping time properly and I've been having to sync it.

Is that still a CMOS battery thing?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>

New RAM didn't fix it.

New PSU didn't fix it.

New GPU didn't fix it.

Now here is a new quirk, I've noticed my clock hasn't been keeping time properly and I've been having to sync it.

Yeah, I would try replacing the CMOS battery

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard

New RAM didn't fix it.

New PSU didn't fix it.

New GPU didn't fix it.

Mainboard. A flaky mainboard can pose as many problems.

• 1Like

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
Going to look into an RMA. Still within warranty for 20 days or so.

I can't be without my computer for work. If I do need to send it in to RMA, I'll probably have to buy another mobo to use then just sell the replacement when I get it.

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Started playing Doom (2016) just now and it started giving me Blue Screens of death (win32kfull.sys). Thought it was due to me OCing my graphic card but it still happens when I defaulted it.

Tried Witcher 3 as well and got a kernel error after a while.

Tried Ram Memory test and it crashes and locks the computer with a black screen, guess bad ram sticks?

Edit: Guess bad ram? ;)
20200629_234241.jpg

Last edited:

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Started playing Doom (2016) just now and it started giving me Blue Screens of death (win32kfull.sys). Thought it was due to me OCing my graphic card but it still happens when I defaulted it.

Tried Witcher 3 as well and got a kernel error after a while.

Tried Ram Memory test and it crashes and locks the computer with a black screen, guess bad ram sticks?

Edit: Guess bad ram? ;)
View attachment 281934

Wouldn't hurt to try reseating it. Otherwise you'll want to pull all but 1 stick and retest to find the culprit.