Conan Exiles

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
is it possible to have someone with admin powers who can zap said offending structures?

it seems like the core of this group, at least those communicating on the boards and on discord, are all reasonable enough that we could self-police.

if said admin abuses that power, it gets rescinded. simple enough.
since we're a relatively small private server we all have some skin in the game, and it wouldn't behoove the admin to abuse power at the expense of the dozen or so ppl playing.

Intropy

Shit Gamer
I would definitely support having an admin who's strictly a 'janitor' that just cleans up abandoned structures every few days.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
the only other valid utilization for admin I think would be to help resolve really obvious and basic bugs.
simple shit like: "I am stuck between 2 indestructible objects, can you TP me out?" (this has happened to me a few times)

no interpretation of sharia law, no extraordinary rendition, no replacement of lost items/objects/thrall, no spawning of anything, etc.

just janitor duties and benign bug mediation

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You guys can ask me at any time and I will log on and clean things up.

After the reset this weekend I think most people will know what not to do.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
They definitely need to fix it. I know when we built I laid some around the immediate area so someone couldn't build stairs up and raid our base. Seems reasonable. When I removed them because we were blocking an npc camp, someone moved in and dropped their own foundations and stairs to try and (unsuccessfully) raid our base, still blocking the npc camp. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

That was us (not me specifically, I was elsewhere at the time) trying to remove your buildings so we could get the Yog camp to respawn. We only got so far before we realized that we'd need explosive, which then became the objective. Once we had explosive, we realized the server was going to be reset, so we left your base half demolished. Sorry bout that.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I really don't have the time to play but this game intrigues me, would you guys say it is worth playing if you have very very limited time?

Intropy

Shit Gamer
I really don't have the time to play but this game intrigues me, would you guys say it is worth playing if you have very very limited time?

1. Its a bug riddled, open world, early access survival game.
2. 100 hours played in last two weeks.

Your call.

Ryoz

<Donor>
That was us (not me specifically, I was elsewhere at the time) trying to remove your buildings so we could get the Yog camp to respawn. We only got so far before we realized that we'd need explosive, which then became the objective. Once we had explosive, we realized the server was going to be reset, so we left your base half demolished. Sorry bout that.

No worries. I figured when I took some of the foundations down someone would move in.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
How late do you guys think it is ok to update a mod on steam?

Last time I did one late, I got a torrent of complaints. It seems almost a universal law that server owners go to bed super early. So the mod goes out to all the players but the server admin is asleep and nobody can get in all night.

Excited for the server reset this Friday! Learned a lot in the couple days that I've had the game. I've noticed other servers had a stamina use rate of .6 or .5 a lot and tried one out. Anyone else think something like .6 or .8 would be fun without making the game too easy?

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
So my camera mod changes your character into the default white haired male. Oops. And it saves.

I set it to private hoping it wouldn't update, furiously cooking a fix.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
oh yeah... while we're discussing options for the reset...

why does food/drink refresh when moving? super ezmode. please reduce or remove that modifier

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
oh yeah... while we're discussing options for the reset...

why does food/drink refresh when moving? super ezmode. please reduce or remove that modifier
Not sure what I did to screw that up. Don't think I put anything in there for that to happen. I thought it was a bug.

Ryoz

<Donor>
I didn't think food or drink was consumed at all. I'm down for fixing that now that flasks work again.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
On official servers food and drink is almost over the top where as ours is non existent. I would not mind it somewhere in between.

Caliane

your character auto drinks/eats. I think that is just what you are seeing. And auto drinks while in water/rivers. Its not that it actually is 0, its just so low it seems that way. I think.
So, yeah, a tiny bit higher would be nice.

Is there a setting for fall damage? that seems absurdly low as well. Not saying it should be "realistic", but its a bit over forgiving atm, imho.

Please do not turn on starving while offline, or body stays on, when offline.. Those setting seem insanely stupid.