Conan Exiles

error

Molten Core Raider
No, on this server as you do anything, even walk through the desert the food and water bar goes up and remains green as you're moving around.

Starving offline seems stupid, but leaving your body (like ARK) is pretty cool as you can't combat log for one and it makes you try to find shelter/hide before you log off. Although, I'm not sure you can take stuff off the unconscious body (steal) rather you have to kill them, unfortunately.

Intropy

Shit Gamer
You CAN loot unconscious players in this game.

I would also like to see the need for food and water on this server. Combing the current auto regenerating hunger/hydration with the high xp/gather rates we're basically running a Minecraft server. The vanilla game is MUCH more survival focused which I think adds a lot more risk/reward decision making.

Even if you guys aren't wanting to go full vanilla grind/survival mode. I think adding at least a little of that back would make gameplay a lot more rewarding. As an example, I solo raided a base last weekend that was completely filled with high level crafting materials. I spent 3hrs carefully breaking in and ferrying the mats back to my base. In the end, with the high gather rates on this server, it would have been more efficient just to spend 3hrs farming rocks.

Last edited:

Caliane

Even if you guys aren't wanting to go full vanilla grind/survival mode. I think adding at least a little of that back would make gameplay a lot more rewarding. As an example, I solo raided a base last weekend that was completely filled with high level crafting materials. I spent 3hrs carefully breaking in and ferrying the mats back to my base. In the end, with the high gather rates on this server, it would have been more efficient just to spend 3hrs farming rocks.

I don't see how that would change anything. if resource gain were slower, they TOO would have less, in storage. And thus raiding would be even LESS useful, as the costs to raid would be more expensive in relation to what you get.

Thrall value would change though.

Last edited:

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I think I will drop the harvesting by 1x and put food/water at default for the first weekend to see how bad it is.

Crafting speed will stay the same because I find zero reason crafting needs to take forever.

Caliane

looking at server settings atm.

you can turn off gods entirely? and/or reduce them to 30s? Anyone else kindof want that? they are totally broken atm. its stupid how easy the gods are to summon.

hrm. land claim radius multiplier. min is .25. default is 1. wonder if that should be reduced. wonder if .25 would allow player made seige towers .haha

Caliane

new patch.

Steam Community :: Group Announcements :: Conan Exiles

TL;DR (Patch Summary)
  • Known Issue: Yellow Lotus Potions sometimes have no effect. This will be fixed as quickly as possible, and in the meantime we recommend not using them.
  • Fixes for certain server crashes
  • You can no longer dismantle exploded jars
  • Bows should now fire consistently on dedicated servers
  • Bows should now always consume ammunition
  • NPC archers and Thrall archers can now properly aim
  • Bows should no longer shoot in crazy directions
  • Fixed an issue where thralls would not properly load on server restart
  • Knives are now efficient for harvesting Hide or Thick Hide
  • Made more monsters able to damage structures. Some can even damage T3 buildings!
  • You can now loot corpses under water
  • Players can no longer use chairs to travel great distances
  • The crouch/jump "boost" should now be fixed
    • Developer Comment: Please get in touch with us if you discover additional instances where this is possible. We understand the impact these issues had on raiding and general basebuilding on PvP servers, and want to make sure this issue is completely eliminated.

Performance and Tech Fixes
  • Fixes for certain server crashes
  • Reduced log spam on dedicated servers
  • Optimized animation blueprints to improve server performance
  • Made several console commands require admin
  • Fixed an issue where thralls would not properly load on server restart

General Bug Fixes and Improvements
  • You can now loot corpses under water
  • You can no longer dismantle exploded jars
  • Arrow projectiles are now more visible
  • Players can no longer use chairs to travel great distances
  • Players can no longer walk through walls which have not loaded in yet
  • Bows should now fire more consistently on dedicated servers
  • Archers across the Exiled Lands have laid off the booze and can now properly aim again
  • Knives are now efficient for harvesting Hide or Thick Hide
  • Placeables now correctly respect the "No Ownership" server setting
  • Drinking from a well now quenches thirst. The future is now.
  • Updated collision for banners and carpets
  • Player now respawns at last bed/bedroll they interacted with
  • Fixed an issue where a test NPCs could be spawned
  • Bows should no longer shoot in crazy directions
  • Fixed an issue with stacksize for items in containers

Balance and Gameplay Fixes
  • Heads are no longer returned when dismantling trophies.
  • Fixed collision on relic rocks in starting area
  • It is no longer possible to build on the shrine west of the river to prevent NPCs from spawning
  • Players can drink while underwater again
  • Players now respawn immediately upon dying, skipping the death camera.
    • This is a temporary change in order to prevent players from retaining gear after death, and a permanent solution will be implemented in the future.
  • Added a short delay before you can harvest a corpse to reduce the chance of accidentally hitting the corpse with a non-optimal tool
  • Players now unequip their weapons when logging in. This fixes a problem with animation states.
  • Bows should now always consume ammunition
  • Fixed a collision issue with the giant spider and rebalanced its attacks
  • Fixed an issue with explosive jars causing camera jitter when colliding with the player in build mode
  • Players can no longer stack placeables
  • Players can no longer abort attacks to increase attack speed
  • Made more monsters able to damage structures. Some can even damage T3 buildings!
  • Bedrolls and beds can only be bound to one character at a time
  • Make beds only have one owner, and show the owner in GUI. If you respawn, the bedroll is prioritized over the bed, so bedrolls can be used for expeditions. Please give us feedback on this change.
  • Players can no longer break the surrender emote by entering combat unarmed
  • Monsters have received unique attacks and can now knock you back
  • The pickaxe now suffers no harvesting penalties and give full resources from trees and rocks
  • You can no longer build in invalid locations if you enter building mode without moving the mouse

Visual Improvements
  • Gazelle now ragdoll properly after death
  • Elephants now ragdoll properly after death
  • Player turn rates and walk rates have been tweaked to fix animation problems
  • Added new equip animations for the fiber rope in 1st and 3rd person
  • Add social animations for the Hyena and Crocodile when they are stationary
  • Various tweaks to armors
  • Various tweaks to the male and female bodies
  • Various tweaks to the male and female heads and hair
  • The Relic Hunters now equip Relic Hunter armor pieces

Text and Localization
  • Added new translations for dialogues, items and user interface
  • Added subtitles to several voice-overs

Mods
  • Fixed an issue where server login would fail if you had too many mods installed

Known Issues
  • We are aware that crossbows still fire inconsistently. We are working on a fix
  • Shrines are currently not able to be placed in singleplayer mode. We are aware of this and will fix that as quickly as possible.
  • Yellow Lotus Potions sometimes have no effect. This will be fixed as quickly as possible, and in the meantime we recommend not using them.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Read on another server they took the radius setting to .5 and people were able to build right beside you and jump into your base. I think the radius is fine right now. Food and drink could be about half what it is now and make it meaningful. Gods are just stupid at 3 weeks in we can summon a god. I feel it should take much longer to do that.

Ryoz

<Donor>
Crafting/Harvesting fine as is. Food/Water consumption at default or maybe slightly slowed down.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
I agree on food and water, I like having to manage it, especially on expeditions. I would prefer no gods. They are just too easy to make and completely invalidate strategic building.

Personally, keep the gods in the game. So many bugs have been fixed, so raiding is going to be much harder on this server wipe. With the server wipe happening I was looking for a different server but this one had mostly what I would love to see. The only real modification that I would have enjoyed was a .6 to .8 on stamina drain. The food is meaningless and just another time waster as well. Leaving you to do monotonous tasks that I honestly believe no-one enjoys. There is water everywhere, so that is none issue in all cases. Food pretty much the same, at the very least you build a campfire and cook some meat. Love just opening my inventory and pressing "O" 10 times to rid all the meats.

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
I would also like to see the gods stay. Eliminating them would remove a large chunk of what makes the game unique. Could live with slight time reduction on them but removal seems way over the top.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So a_skeleton_03, what time can we expect the reset to happen? My balls are getting sleepy and restless! Must kill Emu's

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I am at work, someone take a screenshot of the multipliers we have enabled so I can remote into the server and adjust it for the new build.

Intropy

Shit Gamer
Server settings attached in spoiler below.

Its worth noting, that the crafting speed does have an integral function in the game. Enslaving thralls is intended to be a major part of your progression, so if crafting speed is negligable to begin with, there isn't really any incentive to recruit thralls, especially the lower tier ones.

Settings01.jpg

Settings02.jpg

Settings03.jpg

Settings04.jpg

Settings05.jpg

Settings06.jpg

Settings07.jpg

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Personally the only thing I would want adjusted is EXP rate modifier, to about 1.5-2.0. Other than that it works for me. (Maybe fix the survival thirst and hunger?)