Cowboy Bebop

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
"As of now, Cowboy Bebop’s worth to Netflix is clear. Netflix is still interested in anime (it’s got a live adaptation of One Piece in development), and it doesn’t seem like anyone’s career has ended overnight."
- Thats sad to know.

Though, Im surprised I made it that far in the article after reading through a whole paragraph talking about the race of a character, "bamboo ceilings" and racial sweats. I seriously doubt that anyone that would even care about watching this show gave two fucks about him being Asian or any asian being cast in future roles. Much less does it have anything to do with the several reasons this show failed so spectacularly.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
In the age of black excellence, no IP is safe.

James Bond, Santa Claus, Superman, I mean, I wouldnt be surprised if they started creating "adaptations" of actual historical events and figures, like making a TV show about Abraham Lincoln during the civil war except he is now a black man, and the slaves are white.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Remember when they did a Dragonball live action movie? Or gave Shyamalan the director's chair for Last Airbender? Stop sucking and then maybe we'll watch.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Stover678

Lord Nagafen Raider
  • 1Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
"As of now, Cowboy Bebop’s worth to Netflix is clear. Netflix is still interested in anime (it’s got a live adaptation of One Piece in development), and it doesn’t seem like anyone’s career has ended overnight."
- Thats sad to know.

Though, Im surprised I made it that far in the article after reading through a whole paragraph talking about the race of a character, "bamboo ceilings" and racial sweats. I seriously doubt that anyone that would even care about watching this show gave two fucks about him being Asian or any asian being cast in future roles. Much less does it have anything to do with the several reasons this show failed so spectacularly.

I mean a Japanese anime should probably be made with an all Asian cast in the first fucking place. People aren't bitching about their race they are bitching about their talent or lack there of...

It's just that we know that if you recolor a lead character due to wokeness not skill then the show is already doomed to suck dick. There hasn't been a single person in this thread who complained about Jet being black because the actor fit.

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
The show fucking sucked, and the sad truth is it didn't have too but the people behind it despised the anime and it's fans. Who was the show made for? Cause it sure as hell wasn't made for the fans.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I mean a Japanese anime should probably be made with an all Asian cast in the first fucking place. People aren't bitching about their race they are bitching about their talent or lack there of...

It's just that we know that if you recolor a lead character due to wokeness not skill then the show is already doomed to suck dick. There hasn't been a single person in this thread who complained about Jet being black because the actor fit.
785ebb25b48339eb60321b959a9fbd99.png

fa35e697c273abc00efcf472f1b9ebc4.png

5f4df96cc172ecb2a445ec548c1311ac.png

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The quote that made the most sense out of those articles, whichever one was linked above maybe a different one off the Twitter, was that if the anime is Tim Burton's Batman then the live action was Joel Schumacher's. Seemed a decent summary.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The quote that made the most sense out of those articles, whichever one was linked above maybe a different one off the Twitter, was that if the anime is Tim Burton's Batman then the live action was Joel Schumacher's. Seemed a decent summary.
batman-and-robin-action.gif

dear lord, was true lies his last best movie?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Even though it's 22 years ago, End of Days was decent. I don't remember the movie at all, but I did like it at the time.
Then there's also The Last Stand, which was a cross between T2 & Jackass. So that's neat, I guess.

Good deal, he'll be The President in Kung Fury 2, next year!!

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
6th Day was a solid movie, it just did not get the kind of box office success some expected. As much hate as it gets, I liked Last Action Hero a great deal too, for the meta humor. Eraser is another movie that was pretty good that flew under the radar. Batman and Robin is definitely where the downward trend started, though. Nearly everyone associated with that mess had their career skunked by it, aside from Clooney and Thurman.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
On topic, glad it got cancelled mostly because they were looking to be setting up to shit all over the animated movie with their next season. And frankly, by the end anything other than the guy playing Jet was nails on chalkboard level of cannot watch. Casting that chunky carpet muncher (and completely miswriting) as Faye might be one of the worst creative choices in any show I have ever seen.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
It was so terrible that she died

That's what happens when you don't wash the talc off of rice well enough... not joking or being mean. That and stomach cancer are pretty common in Japan. Sad.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users