Cowboy Bebop

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ozark, umbrella academy have been pretty great. Sad that with how many movies series theyve made only a few are good.

bojack horseman was maybe my favorite

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
That is sad. They need better basic food handling education standards.
sheeeet, i have a rice only washing collander
6151a478bff182c55f7927f57ab5ae6a.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

He spent like 90% of the video on Fae and the outfit. That wasn’t why the show failed

• 2Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
In the age of black excellence, no IP is safe.

James Bond, Santa Claus, Superman, I mean, I wouldnt be surprised if they started creating "adaptations" of actual historical events and figures, like making a TV show about Abraham Lincoln during the civil war except he is now a black man, and the slaves are white.
What the fuck do you mean "If they started" they already have

This is the cunt that plays her on TV
wtf.jpg

This is her in character

fuck you.jpg

This is just her.

• 3Worf
  • 2Barf
Reactions: 4 users

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
I don't know who benefits from that. Do british blacks feel more included after seeing it? I don't actually see how it serves the SJW mission of normativity and eliminating "othering".

I know how I feel when they cast white actors in roles that were historically nonwhite. At minimum I'd feel somewhere between irritated and derisive. In every case it makes me dismissive of the product and I'd avoid seeing any of it.

• 1Like

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Altered Carbon was mishandled for sure. The production and CG was fine but every writing room in Hollywood is just crammed to the rafters with graduates from the worst humanities departments the world has ever known. Not only could none of these millenial writers ever produce anything competent, they simply can't help but cram their ideology into their work. It's just how they were trained. They don't think there's anything unappealing or unrelatable with their work, it works in the garbage sitcoms their generation watches, why wouldn't it work in the scifi and fantasy genres?!?!

Just imagine the writers for New Girl adapting every meaningful scifi property you've ever enjoyed for their own generation. That's the boot that's stomping on your face forever.

• 1Barf
  • 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
I don't know who benefits from that. Do british blacks feel more included after seeing it? I don't actually see how it serves the SJW mission of normativity and eliminating "othering".

I know how I feel when they cast white actors in roles that were historically nonwhite. At minimum I'd feel somewhere between irritated and derisive. In every case it makes me dismissive of the product and I'd avoid seeing any of it.
What, you mean this doesn't stoke your white pride?

jw.jpg

• 1Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Even though it's 22 years ago, End of Days was decent. I don't remember the movie at all, but I did like it at the time.
Then there's also The Last Stand, which was a cross between T2 & Jackass. So that's neat, I guess.

Good deal, he'll be The President in Kung Fury 2, next year!!

Eraser was fine

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

I don't know but a bunch of FOH posters here thought Hercules should be casper white. The same people who complain about blackwashing are ok with whitewashing when it suits them.

• 1Worf

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
To be fair I don't think any of that is the primary reason Netflix cancelled this show so quickly. They've had other woke-infected adaptations that weren't quite as abysmal that got greenlit for further seasons.

I bet they cancelled it even before it aired but just never announced it until after their three week window. They've allegedly done this in the past where their own algos and screenings knew they had a stinker long before a property aired and they just tried to tie it off and cut their promo spend losses.

I can't imagine anyone who test-screened this show told them it was anything other than shit.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
To be fair I don't think any of that is the primary reason Netflix cancelled this show so quickly. They've had other woke-infected adaptations that weren't quite as abysmal that got greenlit for further seasons.

I bet they cancelled it even before it aired but just never announced it until after their three week window. They've allegedly done this in the past where their own algos and screenings knew they had a stinker long before a property aired and they just tried to tie it off and cut their promo spend losses.

I can't imagine anyone who test-screened this show told them it was anything other than shit.
according to that bepop screenwriter s2 was ready to go

• 1Worf

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah she looks like she believes a lot of things that are manifestly untrue.

• 1Worf

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
No one asked for this shit and in the end, Netflix aknowledge that.

• 2Worf

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
There are people in showbiz who believe that animation is a barrier to broader audiences, and so they implicitly believe great anime with a built-in audience is "asking for" live action adaptations.

Grace Randolph gave absolutely glowing reviews of Netflix's Arcane, which it deserves, and she even mentioned her friends in the animation side of the industry who were gobsmacked about it, but even she had to "pull herself back" from thinking that Arcane could benefit from a live-action remake. Which is retarded.

It's at the 20-sec mark, but she discusses spoilers if you haven't seen it.

• 1Barf