Crazy Neighbors Thread

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Advice. I normally do pretty well on taking care of my stuff. It's when it impacts other people I'm not too great at.

My niece that I have almost nothing to do with lives with a guy. They have lived together for almost 8 years now and have kids. I know this makes them common law or whatever. Well they bought a house (and his name wound up the only one on the paperwork). They signed the paperwork and he got laid off the next day. They have a FHA loan (I think) and it requires them to hold onto it 6 months.

Well I got all this second hand from my mom which was concerned for her grand daughter. Anyway I know the place her "husband" works and it's pretty small and he had just started not long ago. It's standard there and in the industry to put people on probation to start for a certain amount of time.

I made some calls and he was told ahead of time this was a job that was a placeholder and may/may not lead to anything and was given the talk ahead of time. Specifically he was told it was kind of an "in training" type of job even tho he has a MS.

Should I open my mouth or let them sort it out?The wrinkle is in the meantime my niece has a good business going doing dog training (she's also a vet tech) and has people coming from 4-5 hours away just to have her train the dogs and he's not keen on her now making more money than her.

The only reason I have any interest at all is it's bugging my mom and she has enough on her plate now with breast cancer, me being sick etc..

Borzak

Give my niece a heads up that he knew he had a chance of it being a short term job. Apparently they are having other issues as well. Maybe let her know that something is fucky. I dunno. I don't hate my niece, we just don't share a lot in common.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Give my niece a heads up that he knew he had a chance of it being a short term job. Apparently they are having other issues as well. Maybe let her know that something is fucky. I dunno. I don't hate my niece, we just don't share a lot in common.
Yea 0% chance you don't come out the asshole in this. Let it burn on its own, no need to throw your own matches in. Don't hide if asked or whatever. You're already kinda passed douchebag status for 'checking in' in her mind if she finds out. Meddling mothers are not going to be a valid excuse.

So yea, I mean if you don't care light the fire I guess.

Borzak

I'm beyond the asshole stage. I haven't talked to her in over 10 years. Just my mom is talking about the stuff my sister tells her and my niece. Niece is trying to balance right now of moving to somewhere she doesn't want to live or staying where she is and keeping her business.

My mom told her to talk to an attorney right off. There's no possible way I really could come out any worse or better, just trying to butt in only if it might help just so my mom stops stressing over it.

I've always been the evil redneck neither of my nieces want anything to do with. What's really funny is the other niece came to thanksgiving with her fiance to let him meet my parents. Me and him hit it off real well. We sat around and play guitar together since he's in a band and he mostly plays classic country so we sat around and shot the breeze for a few hours. My niece wanted to shoot me when I said he seems OK to me, just be aware you're about to marry someone a whole lot like me. Oh the humanity. My niece almost came unglued when I said "Gay guitar pickers don't turn me on", which is a line from a Hank Williams Jr. song and he not only knew it - he knew the man and we did the song together. LOL. Oh the horry.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'm beyond the asshole stage. I haven't talked to her in over 10 years. Just my mom is talking about the stuff my sister tells her and my niece. Niece is trying to balance right now of moving to somewhere she doesn't want to live or staying where she is and keeping her business.

My mom told her to talk to an attorney right off. There's no possible way I really could come out any worse or better, just trying to butt in only if it might help just so my mom stops stressing over it.
I mean I guess if you tell your mother and you trust her to figure a way to handle it without involving you, then who cares? I dunno, seems like if you don't care you wouldn't care enough to care, yet you do even if at the behest of your mother.

Borzak

Well basically I don't care what she winds up thinking of me, not going to get much worse. Just want it to work out to not be a total screwing in the long run so my mom doesn't stress out over it. I thought the guy was bad news from the start. Everything is about him. Kids have his name, even tho they're not married. House had to be within 10 minutes of work because he couldn't drive further than that. All kinds of crap.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Seems like you're already going to tell your mom. Or sell her a shitty old AMD computer for $400.

Borzak

Heh. Chromebooks for both parents the best investment I ever made.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Just give your mom the info and leave niece alone. If you want to get some rep just call her and let her know mom's worries and make a generic offer of help if she wants any.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I don't see how it really benefits your niece to know this even if she didn't, which she probably did.

Secondly, there's no common law marriage in LA.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Also man, this is just an observation, but it seems like whenever some shit goes down in your state you call all the local companies to pull up shit on people

moontayle

Golden Squire
Let it burn. Unless you need some sort of smug satisfaction by telling your niece that shit's all fucked up, there's zero benefit for you or anyone by even grunting an opinion.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm not sure what you'd hope to accomplish by telling her this information

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Also man, this is just an observation, but it seems like whenever some shit goes down in your state you call all the local companies to pull up shit on people
Yeah its really quite odd. He's seems like a giant chatty Cathy who needs to know all the gossip and now it is absolutely eating him up inside that he can't spill the gossip to people. Maybe a hobby would be in order that isn't meddling with other people's lives?

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah its really quite odd. He's seems like a giant chatty Cathy who needs to know all the gossip and now it is absolutely eating him up inside that he can't spill the gossip to people. Maybe a hobby would be in order that isn't meddling with other people's lives?
What makes it worse is he hasn't talked to her in 10 years. WTH.

Borzak

Is this the daughter of the sister that is sued you last year?
Sister, she didn't sue she just threatened.

The good thing is no matter how big of a pain in the ass I've been lately living with my parents due to my medical issues my parents always say "You don't have nothing on your sister".