Crazy Neighbors Thread

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
WTF kind of shit tier possibly psychopath advice is this?
He said he didn't want to sue, so I offered a different tactic. Pets are property under the law. If the pet owners are too shitty to do their job properly, then they are culpable for anything that happens. Would suck to be the dog, but trespass is trespass.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Meh that's some extreme bullshit there though. I mean yeah, the fucker didnt do anything about it. I would of tied the fucking dog in my yard. But shooting the poor mutt is going over the line IMO. There is always 2 sides of the story though.

I was on the other side of this argument with my current neighbors. We have a fenced yard that my old dog used to wander in(now dead) but every once in a while, the kids would leave one of the front gates open, so he would wander out and shit. But this happened like 3 times total over the course of 3 yrs he was alive at this house.(He was old, like 16 or 17 so not very mobile anymore) So the fucking neighbors start taking pictures of the shit, any shit by any number of fucking mutts in the neighborhood because they saw my dog once, lol. They call city on us, where the city dog lady issued us a warning. But all they had to do is say, hey neighbor, your dog got out and shit on our lawn, mind picking it up? And i would of gladly went there and picked it up, im not an ass hole. But they way they went about it was shitty and disrespectful. So fuck them, I never picked up and shit and the next time the city lady came over I told her to prove that it was my dog. She shrugged her shoulders and walked away saying she couldn't.

One day the old man (55ish?) started yelling at my wife while she was doing some yard work or some shit, I forget why he was yelling at her, but he made her cry. So I stepped to him threatening his limbs if he ever did this again. I never seen the dude again, neither has my wife, lol.

They must of had other problems with other neighbors because one day they got a nasty lawn job one night. A detective even came by my house, lol, asking about it. I fucking hate people.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The only time I have threatened bodily harm was a dude at a store calling my wife a scammer (her check wasn't working in their machine). I told the guy if he made my wife cry again I would bury him in the woods and no one would find him.

Probably one of the stupider things I've ever done, but no cops came after me so I guess he took it in stride.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've never quite understood doing that. Possibly I don't see myself as like my wife's protector or anything but what exactly would you hope to accomplish by confronting the dude? But my wife also rarely, rarely cries and I couldn't stand being married to someone who cried over bullshit.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
My wife rarely cries as well, but having some dude run up and yell at her for some bullshit and making her cry and be afraid angered me to the core. Its a man screaming at your wife, bro! The pussy should of confronted me, not my wife for any problem he had. Where does he get the right to yell at my wife all up in her face? So I stepped to him and made him rethink his entire school of thought on the matter. If you are not going to stand up for your wife in a situation like this, what good are you? You as a man ARE the family protector, and this seems like a viable threat to act on. I see no other option in a situation like this.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Palum, next time the dog is in your yard, let him out into the neighborhood. Your choice on whether you call animal control.

I'm assuming you want to contact the actual owner so you can say "Look, these renters are pieces of shit, and I don't want to get the legal teams involved" Right? Maybe you should contact a real estate agent and tell them you're interested in buying the property. They have ways of finding that shit. We did that with the property next door to ours, though in our case we actually wanted to buy it.

My neighbors dogs are always busting down our fence too, but we just fix it because those neighbors don't have the rest of the yard fenced and don't care about keeping their dogs in. I know it's their dogs tearing shit up because of how the boards are broken towards us. The good thing is one time our dogs sent one of their dogs to the vet and now we don't have problems anymore. They tried to claim that our dog dragged their dog into our yard. Yeah, cause that's how that works. My dogs are evil geniuses and staged a break in to cover up them almost killing another dog.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
My wife rarely cries as well, but having some dude run up and yell at her for some bullshit and making her cry and be afraid angered me to the core. Its a man screaming at your wife, bro! The pussy should of confronted me, not my wife for any problem he had. Where does he get the right to yell at my wife all up in her face? So I stepped to him and made him rethink his entire school of thought on the matter. If you are not going to stand up for your wife in a situation like this, what good are you? You as a man ARE the family protector, and this seems like a viable threat to act on. I see no other option in a situation like this.
From Noodle's post it sounded like her check wouldn't work and the store worker accused her of being a scammer. It didn't seem to me that she was ever in danger of bodily harm.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
So I guess I have several options - first I will mail a certified letter to the LLC address of record with the SoS that owns the property and then I can:

1) contact the police and SoS and inform them about the issue (if necessary the tax evasion) and my inability to contact the property owner in an attempt to get some sort of current info
2) simply sue the property owner in small claims for his half the dilapidated fence and likely obtain a default judgement (I can probably have someone collect on it for dirt cheap for me, at least this option gives me vicarious access through GLBA to CRB/nat public records/DL/DoR info/bank acct info/etc. to track the guy down)
3) call animal control and have them seize the dog and cite the neighbors
4) lose another 3" of property to install a block wall entirely on my side of the fence
5) contact a lawyer for some other random resolution here
2 and 5. If the dogs are otherwise well behaved, then leave it at that. If they're noisy and/or a possible safety hazard for neighborhood kids or dogs, then 3 at well. Do not fucking shoot the dogs, obviously, because I assume you have a soul, unlike Larnix's dad.

Edit: It'll be ugly, but you can also keep the dogs out for cheap with some short rolls of chicken wire. Attach it to the fence with wire and secure to the ground with landscaping stakes. If you feel prickish, run some wire and electrify with a car battery.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
From Noodle's post it sounded like her check wouldn't work and the store worker accused her of being a scammer. It didn't seem to me that she was ever in danger of bodily harm.
When the tears started going and he was berating her impulse took over. I'm a pretty quiet and laid back dude, but in that moment I lost it.

Guy was a dick. It wasn't a rational opinion on my part.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
2 and 5. If the dogs are otherwise well behaved, then leave it at that. If they're noisy and/or a possible safety hazard for neighborhood kids or dogs, then 3 at well. Do not fucking shoot the dogs, obviously, because I assume you have a soul, unlike Larnix's dad.

Edit: It'll be ugly, but you can also keep the dogs out for cheap with some short rolls of chicken wire. Attach it to the fence with wire and secure to the ground with landscaping stakes. If you feel prickish, run some wire and electrify with a car battery.
Yea so I'm going to start with the letter. We'll see what happens. I'm worried somewhat about pissing off the neighbors just as a general concern but honestly who cares, I've been nothing but polite and they have had nothing done to them. If they rant to get pissy I get the property owner involved screw them.

Unfortunately a brief review of fence law in AZ means we jointly own it but I have no special remedies other than to collect for half in repairs/replacement in circumstances more severe than right now. It doesn't appear I can unilaterally make any decisions unless the fence is decrepit and only then I would conceivably have to repair before replacing.

I'm also worried about the other owner, if he is a bullshit artist. pulling some stunt like repairing the fence after with his contractors and sending me half the inflated bill down the road or trying to claim the rights to part of my property or the fence.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That's weird that you both own half of the fence, especially since one party more than likely paid for the entire materials and install. I don't know if that's the norm, definitely not here though.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It's probably more likely that one of the previous property owners paid for the fence and it wasn't actually either of them. Maybe even the developer who built both houses.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
That's weird that you both own half of the fence, especially since one party more than likely paid for the entire materials and install. I don't know if that's the norm, definitely not here though.
I don't know where you live, but down here nobody puts a fence exactly on the line for that reason. You put it up and put it on your side, you own it. I've seen several places that they had a fence 2" apart so they could get a fence they liked the look of.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't know where you live, but down here nobody puts a fence exactly on the line for that reason. You put it up and put it on your side, you own it. I've seen several places that they had a fence 2" apart so they could get a fence they liked the look of.
Yeah that's exactly what we do here. The bordering fences on our yard we aren't exactly sure who's property they're on, but since we didn't put them up I don't care. If they ever came down we'd just add a new section. We specifically made sure for the fence that we did put up we got a survey done. I had to (gasp, the horror) actually go up to a neighbor's house and ring his doorbell and talk to him about it too. Basically his tree-fence-line-thing was about right on the line, so we put our fence about 6 inches from that and were done with it. He can't complain and we both walked away mutually happy.

Fences are pretty serious business though, at least around here. You need permits and you have to make sure you aren't too close to the edge of the street or the town will just come rip it right out. Like on the front yard we can be 3 feet from the road but on the side yard (road on the side of our house) it has to be 9 feet away.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
It depends where you live in AZ but for the most part every house is part of a development and the company builds just a shit load of houses at one time and pre sections them off with cinder block fences.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, my house in AZ has the fence right on the line. It's in the HOA that if the wall comes down or something both neighbors have to share the expense. Just a bunch of stupid shit.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Hekotat, you should get some corrosive acid and put it on their car windows (make sure to buy with cash).

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Id put up cameras. If they are the kind of people that dont care about their dogs destroying a fence and constantly getting into the neighbor's yard then 99.9% chance theyre shitbags who will start doing some passive aggressive shit the second you press the issue.

Column_sl

shitlord
Give people a reason to try and accommodate you. Don't give them a reason to smear shit on your car. Approach them with some kindness, humility, and patience. Calmly explain the situation and what you hope could change. Proverbs 15:1 "A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger."

Yes, you have to decide to be the bigger person in these situations and that isn't fun, but in the end your life will be better.
That only works on white people lol