Creed (Rocky sequel)

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Just got back from seeing it and I thought it was fantastic. Very very well choreographed and directed to the point where I think it may win some awards.

Michael B Jordan was great in it and they really played to Stallone's age in the movie and thankfully he doesn't box or do anything physical.

I can see this movie spawning more sequels and eventually not even needing "Rocky" in it.

They really grasped the 2015 climate of boxing right down to the movie having the HBO timer in the bottom right corner for a lot of the match. They do the 24/7 stuff as well.

From an "actual" dramatic movie I'd put it second to the first Rocky. It's got like 95% on Rotten Tomatos as well.

I just hope in like 2021 in Creed IV he fights some ISIS boxer in Syria and at the end his courage cools relationships between the US and the Arab world.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
this is the best movie of the year. almost a perfect movie. just fucking great. the cinematography of the fight scenes was amazing. tons of allusions to earlier movies for big Rocky fans like myself. did a great job of depicting the city of Philadelphia. only complaint i can think of is the guy he fought at the end looked like a fat out of shape loser.

9.5/10

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Just got back from seeing it and I thought it was fantastic. Very very well choreographed and directed to the point where I think it may win some awards.

Michael B Jordan was great in it and they really played to Stallone's age in the movie and thankfully he doesn't box or do anything physical.

I can see this movie spawning more sequels and eventually not even needing "Rocky" in it.

They really grasped the 2015 climate of boxing right down to the movie having the HBO timer in the bottom right corner for a lot of the match. They do the 24/7 stuff as well.

From an "actual" dramatic movie I'd put it second to the first Rocky. It's got like 95% on Rotten Tomatos as well.

I just hope in like 2021 in Creed IV he fights some ISIS boxer in Syria and at the end his courage cools relationships between the US and the Arab world.
I agree with this. From a pure movie stand point this is 2nd in the series to Rocky. Was a great movie overall.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
this is the best movie of the year. almost a perfect movie. just fucking great. the cinematography of the fight scenes was amazing. tons of allusions to earlier movies for big Rocky fans like myself. did a great job of depicting the city of Philadelphia. only complaint i can think of is the guy he fought at the end looked like a fat out of shape loser.

9.5/10
My favorite part was the "jawn" scene. They should of editted it out for the Philadelphia audience because we already knew wtf she was saying.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Just got back from this, great film. Gave proper respect/homage to the rocky franchise but can easily see this as stallone passing the torch for a new creed franchise. I seriously wanna see Creed 2 and see wallace fight brodie and win.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Bodie's too old. He should fight Michael Lee ("New" Omar) instead. The kid that was in the same grade that went on to rob drug dealers and kill off Marlo's people.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Loved Rocky Balboa. Still think it's my favorite due to the story but this was a damn good movie. It's as good of a film if not better and honestly resonated with me a lot more(no homo).

Very, very rarely do I ever say this for whatever that's worth. Go see it if you haven't. It's worth seeing.

Every time he took a blow to that eye in the last round I cringed deeper into my seat. Fuck. PTSD is a bitch but the dude next to me was doing the same so I don't feel too bad. Very visceral fights.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I fucking love the Rocky franchise. My dog is named Rocky. This was a fucking good movie. I love seeing "rocky" again. I felt like he wasn't quite as much Rocky as normal, but it was fuckin great. Especially when Rocky got the "bad news." Actor playing Creed was great and I liked his character a lot. Nothing made me cringe. This was fucking good man. This and Interstellar are my two favorites of the year.