Creed (Rocky sequel)

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
Creed vs MadMax for best movie of the year rerolled edition?
I'd have to throw Sicario into that mix.

I've enjoyed 2015 as far as movies go, whole bunch that I wouldn't put in that top tier but that I also really liked (eg. Straight Outta Compton, the usual Marvel fare, etc.)

Chillz

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Great Movie, loved it. I was actually surprised how good it was. Creed really catches not only the feels and drama of the old Rocky movies, but also the uplifting message and great training and fighting scenes. I would only criticise that the last fight fell a bit short and the actual boxing was a wee bit to unrealisticactioney. Now i can pretend Rocky 5+6 never happend and call this one of the best Movie series ever.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Rocky 6/Balboa was good, this is true to the series. I wouldnt put it above Rocky or Rocky 4. Been so long since I watched Rocky 2 so it's difficult to compare.

Only thing that does bother me is

Such a copy of Rocky and the outcome

koljec_sl

shitlord
Rocky 6/Balboa was good, this is true to the series. I wouldnt put it above Rocky or Rocky 4. Been so long since I watched Rocky 2 so it's difficult to compare.

Only thing that does bother me is

Such a copy of Rocky and the outcome
Saw it last night, and I agree. I would put it right behind Rocky I and Balboa. I enjoyed it for the most part. But Rocky movies are showing their formula at this point.

Wallace Rocks. Barksdale rocks briefly. Stallone is still charming but he seemed to be a lot more slow-witted in previous Rocky movies.

Has a made-for-TV quality (including Phylicia Rashad and the Lisa Bonet lookalike) to it that didn't make it seem as epic as other Rocky movies, though. More like The Wire tribute/spinoff featuring Sylvester Stallone.

The 25 minutes or so devoted to Rocky's cancer reveal and the Baby Creed fist fight is arbitrary drama and needs to go.

I don't think this is an Oscar quality movie.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Movie was pretty good though I have a few nitpicks.

1 - The whole cancer thing was unnecessary drama. Just felt like they added something else just for the sake of it.
2 - End fight was kind of short and didn't have the weight of the "big fight". The fight where he beat the other kid (first fight) has more meaning to it. I thought they would tie in the kid from the opening sequence that beat his ass in the L.A. gym.
3 - Music wasn't as iconic. Felt meh.
4 - Whole relationship thing was also pretty awful. Rich kid living in a small apartment meets another black chick in Phili. Oh yea she sings to. Whatevs, they both have decent careers and seem successful. Let's get a cheesesteak and talk about my time on the streets when I was 6 before I grew up in a mansion.

Camera work in the fights was excellent though.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pretty cool Stalone won the Golden Globe, not sure he deserved it over Shannon

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This movie was so good. How Ryan Coogler and/or MBJ didn't get any sort of award season recognition, I don't know. I love Sly but he was second fiddle in this movie.

I don't begrudge Leo his Oscar, but I could easily make the case that MBJ put his body through even more than Leo did to make this movie and gave a more layered and robust acting performance on top of it. He is going to be this generations Denzel.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Really enjoyed this movie. As stupid as the Oscars controversy was this year, uhhhh nominate Creed, MBJ, and Straight Outta Compton? Avoid all the drama?

Why is this hard?

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
For the same reason Utah Jazz won't qualify for the playoffs, if they don't catch up with Huston's 0.500. There's only 8 spots, and you don't get in just because <insert reasons>.
I would rather see they increase the number of nominations rather than start handing them out for some, more or less, BS reasons.
And I'm not defending them, I find Oscars irrelevant to my overall movie watching experience.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
For the same reason Utah Jazz won't qualify for the playoffs, if they don't catch up with Huston's 0.500. There's only 8 spots, and you don't get in just because <insert reasons>.
I would rather see they increase the number of nominations rather than start handing them out for some, more or less, BS reasons.
And I'm not defending them, I find Oscars irrelevant to my overall movie watching experience.
Nominations are capped at 10 for best picture. There were only 8 nominees this year.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Renting this tonight with the wife and I am excited! We tried to see this in the theater after it was out for awhile, but it was sold out and the next week they stopped showing it...the joys of living in a small city.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Movie was really good, but it got so much hype that I expected more and that is probably unfair. I thought the camera work during the fight scenes was amazing. Also, Lisa Bonet looks great, not showing her age at all. :p