Cruises: Good Value Vacation or White Trash Rafts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Letting more stupid people into college and then using that dropping the average iq as an indicator that a generation is stupid is stupid.
No, education is just one component of the reason for their stupidity. The other one is based on the genetic makeup of who is in the millennial generation vs who was in the greatest generation.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You are stupid

Explain your reasoning of this concept sir. Are you saying that letting dumber people into university does not inherently "dumb down" a generation because going to university at all is just a dummy variable used for pivoting?

• 1Like

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
What? That isn't what it was saying. If you let more stupid people into university then you obviously decrease the IQ average of "educated" America.

I went back and reread, please do as well.

Picasso3

Explain your reasoning of this concept sir. Are you saying that letting dumber people into university does not inherently "dumb down" a generation because going to university at all is just a dummy variable used for pivoting?

The reasoning is previously stated. Letting more people into something will no doubt make it trend towards an average. Letting more people into college likely will not make people dumber. My only proof is logic and whatever research you want to do.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The reasoning is previously stated. Letting more people into something will no doubt make it trend towards an average. Letting more people into college likely will not make people dumber. My only proof is logic and whatever research you want to do.

Why? If you let just anyone in you must inherently lower your standards to do so. Education at university isn't that beneficial both monetarily and mentally. I've said on this forum dozens of times that university is fucking stupid and I hated it. This practice has caused IQ (at university) averages trend downwards. Which is an obvious expectation.

These dumb people going to university didn't become smarter. They did learn more shit sure. But how helpful was whatever they fucking learned in their lives?

• 1Like

Picasso3

Why? If you let just anyone in you must inherently lower your standards to do so. Education at university isn't that beneficial both monetarily and mentally. I've said on this forum dozens of times that university is fucking stupid and I hated it. This practice has caused IQ (at university) averages trend downwards. Which is an obvious expectation.

These dumb people going to university didn't become smarter. They did learn more shit sure. But how helpful was whatever they fucking learned in their lives?

So we agree on the only point i was trying to make.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So we agree on the only point i was trying to make.

Yeah, but srs. Fuck undergrad. 90% of the shit I learned was from free websites, tinkering, and stackoverflow.com.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So please call sadris stupid for his assertion

Why? He didn't say anything incorrect. Letting dumb (black people) into university for muh diversity wasn't a good decision.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
> Letting more people into college likely will not make people dumber.

Correct. This point wasn't made. The title of the thread is "are millennials stupid", not "are millennials getting dumber as a result of X". Its a question of reality, not a causation of the reality.

• 2Like

iannis

Musty Nester
How is that stupid? It's true. It's cherrypicking a subset in order to reinforce a point, but it's still true.

Flip it around. "In previous generations the college educated were smarter because we didn't let the stupid people into college". As an observation, absolutely true. Not particularly meaningful in itself. It's an observation rather than an assertion.

But it does lead to a more meaningful question. It's a different question. The relevant question is "compared to previous generations, how stupid are OUR stupids?" This is the "was the education effective" metric. That metric will lead to assertions which will probably be meaningful.

• 1Like

Picasso3

Here retard fucks:

A generation is everyone
College participants are a subset
If college participation grows it will trend to the average of everyone
You can't use that trend to indicate the intelligence of everyone.

The fact that the group that's growing is related to education is a side cherry on your stupid cake.

Do you guys need an antagonist or what?

• 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Here retard fucks:

A generation is everyone
College participants are a subset
If college participation grows it will trend to the average of everyone
You can't use that trend to indicate the intelligence of everyone.

Correct; You would need additional data points to address item #4.

• 2Like
Status
Not open for further replies.