DAOC: Origins - New Server

Skrigg

Golden Squire
I had a feeling that was going to happen. I had lag just as we were engaging the keep lord and couldn't get out of combat to stealth.
Yeah we are having lag issues during almost every rvr fight. Not nearly as terrible as passed couple days though.

It appears ive been banned from the origins forums for writing this post:

------------

Albions: Greedy, disorganized, dont care? Help me understand

Postby Pert ? Wed 22 Jan 2014 06:56
Allrite its 5am and im looking for some RvR. Ask a couple of times if theres some action in LFG for RvR. No reply. I then see people level up in system, people ive grouped with before. I ask one of them and i finally get an answer, penn, the surs keep. So i head there. And then ask for a group. Theres about 25 people there. Nobody answers, nobody tells me were full well put you in queue, nothing. We cap the keep, they take off with bard speed and leave me to run to the other keep slowly, alone. I get ganked by some red roamers a couple of minutes later. I cant beleive that these people had the exact number of players to full 3-4 groups and that there wasnt a slot for a player.

So help me understand their behavior, because ive never seen anything like it, even coming from harsher games like eve online. Are they greedy? Like they are trying to Min/max the RA inflow and theres a sort of setup that works better for this? They want to be the only ones on top so that they get invites to groups easier? Theyre just droning along and just dont give a fuck?

I mean the way i thought it was gonna be, was sort of being on a team. Like youre with albions and when a keep is getting attacked, an alarm will sound in LFG like come help us here or there. And when you ask where albions are flipping keeps, groups doing that would promptly tell other albions where to come help. But it seems like its the exact opposite. People dont want you to figure out where the RvR is.

Maybe some experienced player can shed some light for me on this behavior but at first glance it seems RvR will be a terrible experience on Albion. No cooperation, no a finger lifted to tell your faction where to help in RvR etc...

-----------------

Im not a 100% sure, but 5 mins after this is posted, i cant log into the forums and the email ive used to sign on to forums is not recognized in lost my password system

Ive created a second account to go look if my username has banned under it, if the post was removed, im not getting the confirmation email

Can someone go take a look? Section albion thread name Albions: Greedy, disorganized, dont care?

I agree title is a bit flamey, I would not have written that if it was the first time this happened to me, but theres a pattern.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
That thread's still there and it doesn't say anything about you being banned. You even got a reply from someone about how they didn't have time to wait for you.

Hah i was there at the keep as they were banging on the door. Theres no way im making a mistake about my forum login as its the same i use 5 times every 5 mins when the server goes offline.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
To be fair their forum database could just be fucked.

Anything is possible with these guys.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Hah i was there at the keep as they were banging on the door. Theres no way im making a mistake about my forum login as its the same i use 5 times every 5 mins when the server goes offline.
The behavior you saw is not uncommon actually. Groups roaming in RvR are often preformed from guilds/friends and they are anti social as fuck. It was the same way back during classic. If you are playing a class that is wanted just keep at it. You'll find groups that will accept anyone. Just be prepared that sometimes you will feel alone in a sea of people heh.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was in the same boat! I was getting really pissed about how shitty the server was until I found a hidden link on their shitty forums from someone else having the same problem. All's good now, though!

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah that kinda of info should be right there on a the launcher when you try to use it, not just on the forums where players have to search for it.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Apparently they have new hardware on order and ready/done in 2 weeks.

Still can't get an account created, I was told to just spam creation attempts until they work..

Janx

<Silver Donator>
The behavior you saw is not uncommon actually. Groups roaming in RvR are often preformed from guilds/friends and they are anti social as fuck. It was the same way back during classic. If you are playing a class that is wanted just keep at it. You'll find groups that will accept anyone. Just be prepared that sometimes you will feel alone in a sea of people heh.
That wasn't true from what I saw on Galahad/Albion. We had a very great community between all 3 realms. That said I'm not sure "Bacon" is worth sticking with as it seems fairly sparse now. Probably need to join one of the larger guilds doing RVR. I've also started a necro (level 9ish) so if you want to get an alt on the necro gravy train let me know. Its almost stupid how easy it is to plow through oj/red/low purps with a necro =/

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Yeah, I definitely would try to get into an organized guild if you're going to stick with the game. Bacon is a glorified chat channel.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Well i dont know how it will eventually turn out, but i do know my Albion RvR multigroup melted faces all night
Depending on how many groups it really makes RvR meh if you're always zerging people down. 1-2 groups was always my favorite.
Also as far as leveling speed goes, went 9-27 on my necro last night. I still see lots of low/mid level groups forming and if you can get in a full 8 man group the xp just rips.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I had never done the focus damage shield pet thing. We had a cabby and 3 clerics + a friar + misc. Cabby pet would gather up these giant piles of stuff. Was really fun.

rrr_img_57719.jpg

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I had never done the focus damage shield pet thing. We had a cabby and 3 clerics + a friar + misc. Cabby pet would gather up these giant piles of stuff. Was really fun.
Yeah, with decent healing cabalist leveling be pretty insane. I was one of the necros chaining power to the healers/cabalist
wink.png

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Where is the action at? Emain? Haven't been able to play last few days... and haven't had a single rvr group since hitting 50.