Dark Matter

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Just watched this on NetFlix, I thought it was pretty good. Definitely worth a S2 glad to see it got picked up. I agree with the above 1's character sucks.

Siliconemelons

Just watched it all on Netflix, couldn't stop but was getting a bit redundant with the "current happenings" that surrounded the finding out about their past etc.. I have to say I liked it all until the end, the last episode I was just figuring "its some des ex" because of how ham fisted they where with "it HAS to be one of us!" I figured they would just be like "nop lulz its XYZ that no one remembered see!" but it actually was one of the crew, not that who it was surprised me.

Glad to see it got a S2 pickup! Sorry to necro a thread but I believe it is soon to start up again?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I gave up on this and focused on 12 Monkeys, Killjoys, and The Expanse. Guess it is time to go back and catch up.

Oldbased

> Than U
lol @ the voice over in this trailer. It was bad. Text-to-speech bad.
That is probably due to the "success" of the AI's last season in making this show more than space Lost. Assuming we will be hearing lots of robotic voices this year on this show.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Interested to see where they go with this, though I'm more looking forward to Killjoys. Early on Dark Matter felt like the better show, but the world building and meta plot progression really paid off towards the end on Killjoys.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nice opening episode of the new season, expanding the individual plotlines and was 6 really doing his duty?

spronk

FPS noob
any show that opens with a hot chick stripping down to her underwear in the first 60 seconds is a 9/10 already

definitely looks like it'll be a interesting and rich season, seems they are going in the deus ex vein of corporate wars with individual stories. the german chick who came in at the end looked familiar and its crazily enough frank potente (run lola run, Bourne). Episode was directed by Samantha Carter

Woolygimp

SyFy did have a miniseries last year called Ascension where everybody was on board a spaceship except...they really weren't, lol. They were just locked in an experiment from the 60's that they thought was a multi-generational spacecraft.

Can I get a confirmation that this ship is actually in space, before I watch?

velk

Trakanon Raider
SyFy did have a miniseries last year called Ascension where everybody was on board a spaceship except...they really weren't, lol. They were just locked in an experiment from the 60's that they thought was a multi-generational spacecraft.

Can I get a confirmation that this ship is actually in space, before I watch?
Yes, there are no Shyamalan or Lost shenanigans going on. The crew starts the first season with their memories having been wiped, but all of them know who they were originally by the end of the first season, and none of the backgrounds are particularly shocking.

Woolygimp

Yes, there are no Shyamalan or Lost shenanigans going on. The crew starts the first season with their memories having been wiped, but all of them know who they were originally by the end of the first season, and none of the backgrounds are particularly shocking.
I watched S1E1 which for some reason was actually the second episode. They're already in prison, with their identities, and don't seem to going anywhere for the next few episodes...

The Expanse was probably the best SyFy "spaceship" show in a long time. The one episode where the Mars capital ship is attacked was amazing and very realistic (as far as space battles go), and I've heard the books are great. Seeing space combat involving long-range missiles/torpedoes, with anti-missile defensive gun-turrets (like what's found on naval vessels), and then railguns for close range combat seemed very refreshing.

And I really do miss BSG.
frown.png

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
any show that opens with a hot chick stripping down to her underwear in the first 60 seconds is a 9/10 already

definitely looks like it'll be a interesting and rich season, seems they are going in the deus ex vein of corporate wars with individual stories. the german chick who came in at the end looked familiar and its crazily enough frank potente (run lola run, Bourne). Episode was directed by Samantha Carter
Amanda Tapping has done so much for Syfy, pretty crazy really.

Woolygimp

Amanda Tapping has done so much for Syfy, pretty crazy really.
I would say it's really Sci-Fi (now SyFy) that has done so much for her. Then again it was HBO that originally cast her, wasn't it? I know the pilot of SG-1 featured full frontal nudity, as that's definitely something I remember because I was like 13.

Showtime, not HBO.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ya, Stargate SG1 started on Showtime. After like 2 seasons or so, it moved to Syfy.