Dark Souls 2

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Can someone dropbox me a PC savegame file? I apparently didn't back mine up and am not willing to play through the entire game again just to get to the DLC.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Must DL this when i get home soon

Im very curious about a certain NPC invader people are whining about, or love lol

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Tuco!! Have you any more luck having fun with different weapon types?

And what's the deal with the NG, NG+, or NG++ ? Obviously difficulty, but how does that relate to the DLC? I'm about to start this game up for the first time, and don't want to F myself.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
You won't F yourself. Don't worry about it if it's your first time playing. They add a few surprises and up the difficulty here and there as you progress, but nothing you need to worry about for your first time. You can access the DLC on your first playthrough no problem.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Where exactly is the DLC accessed from, anyway? I just started NG+ but if it's in some shitty far location I'll just roll back my save.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Where exactly is the DLC accessed from, anyway? I just started NG+ but if it's in some shitty far location I'll just roll back my save.
This is what I'm trying to understand? I like to play games the first time on higher difficulty, as I rarely ever replay games, I don't want to just burn through a game. I want to feel accomplished.

Do mobs respawn, and so on NG+ it might be super annoying to get to where the DLC starts, hence why people are even concerned if their only save is NG+ or not?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
At least you guys have a save. Apparently they are tied to Steam ID and I can't even copy one from someone, so I get to either try and refund the DLC or play the whole goddamn game over again -_-

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Do mobs respawn, and so on NG+ it might be super annoying to get to where the DLC starts, hence why people are even concerned if their only save is NG+ or not?
My only concern is that prior to NG+ I had all areas unlocked. Once you start NG+ you lose all your progress other than items and levels. That means no fast traveling across the world until you visit the areas on foot again.

As a new player you have nothing to worry about though because you don't have a choice. You can't just start a new game from NG+, you have to beat the game first. Even then, only that character is NG+, you can't start a new character straight into it.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
To answer my own question it looks like you get to the DLC from the bonfire behind The Rotten.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Go to where you found the king once you've beaten the dlc. Examine the place you found the ring.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tuco!! Have you any more luck having fun with different weapon types?

And what's the deal with the NG, NG+, or NG++ ? Obviously difficulty, but how does that relate to the DLC? I'm about to start this game up for the first time, and don't want to F myself.
I'm sticking with my heavy club for now, cutting through content pretty easily. I just one shot a church congregation and have no idea what their deal was except they shot yellow shit at me. Now I need to play a non-dark souls game to wind down before going to bed, haha. The gyrm great hammer two handed strong attack is stupidly strong. It hits twice and the second hit is a knockback. I wonder how much stam I need to be able to use it and have enough for a roll...

I am enticed by a hex/katana build though. I've never used hexes in DS.

Needless

Toe Sucker
playing it on my NG+ character and getting rekt

whatever the trio boss is i keep dying to lol, that havelfag and the archer do a shit load of damage on NG+

Zaide

TLP Idealist
playing it on my NG+ character and getting rekt

whatever the trio boss is i keep dying to lol, that havelfag and the archer do a shit load of damage on NG+
The trick is to focus one down while someone kites the others. After that it's super easy. Get that aggro ring from the cat in majula to make the kiting easier.