Dark Souls 2

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Didn't a patch come through at some point that nerfed the Master Key a bit? I thought they removed a couple uses for it.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well, you're not gonna be able to even get to Havel early game unless you choose the master key, which I don't think is a good pick for a first char.

And for Ornstein/Smough, being really aggressive makes the fight easier (not easy though).

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Clearing the Taurus demon was great for me. By the time it was over I had a boat load of souls saved up. Took 4 attempts and every time I managed to grab my bloodstain inside his room. So that was 4 runs through the level leading up to him plus the souls he dropped. Nothing like feasting on the eternal spirits of the accursed undead.

Worst part was unexpectedly coming face to face with cursing monsters the first time. That sucked big ones.

Best part was exploring... Oh, and calling the lord vessel the soul bowl.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
using the stone armor set to tank smough and ornstein at the same time is a surprisingly effective strategy.
Well similarily in the first few versions of the game you could use Stone Skin or whatever to make yourself more or less invincible. I think Lightning dmg still went through so you still had to be careful but it negated a lot of dmg. It was also abused to beat the 4kings.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
has anyone ever gotten more than 4 kings to spawn in the abyss? i beat the 4th king and a 5th appeared out of nowhere and killed me with the purple magic arrow. i had never experienced that before.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
has anyone ever gotten more than 4 kings to spawn in the abyss? i beat the 4th king and a 5th appeared out of nowhere and killed me with the purple magic arrow. i had never experienced that before.
Yeah, if you kill them too fast, you can kill them before the 'event' is completed and a 5th will spawn. Usually it ends just after he runs up on you.

Shitty luck to die to it lol

Needless

Toe Sucker
All i want is a diablo esque hardcore mode, i dont care if nobody but a few people manage to beat it. It must be there to cater to the hardcore~

supertouch_sl

shitlord
so what is the best ascension path? i'm on NG+ and i'm using the black knight halberd that i got at the beginning of my last playthrough. is that pretty much the best i can do?

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Take something enchantable to +15, then toss a weapon buff on it (darkmoon blade > sunlight blade > crystal magic weapon). I personally prefer uchigatana, but there are many viable weapons.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
One of my go-to's for the longest time is the Gravelord's Sword (from the Gravelord Covenant) - start with Master Key, run down the elevator to the undead dragon for Astora's Sword then head straight through the Catacombs till I get it right at the beginning of a run through, then upgrade it to +5 ASAP while I make other stuff - lasts an amazing length, hilarious the times I've upgraded it to +2 or so before Taurus since the plunging attack kills him outright. (With the stats to One-hand it, and preferably an offhanded Black Knight Shield as luck allows it to drop)

Went through and re-platted both Souls after the announcement - and gotta say Dark is insanely easier to plat in comparison solo, holy crap the farming on Demon's Souls for a few of the upgrade stones were nuts.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah after hearing about how Dark Souls had farming I was bracing for some long-farming journey but it was actually pretty easy to farm titanite.

My go to weapon was the winged spear upgraded with the enchantment path. Being able to attack from behind a shield is immensely useful and the range + quickness makes things much easier. The final boss I cheesed by circling around one of the many obstructions and striking through the geometry.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Did they nerf the ability to attack the Red Dragon until he flies away and drops the Drake Sword? I tried last night and sunk around 300 arrows into him from under the bridge; he kept going into this weird animation at times but never flew away and his health stopped moving at some point. I also never got the fucking sword. This was my strategy the first time I played through, but this time it doesn't seem to be working. Any ideas?

Needless

Toe Sucker
No it still works, i did it yesterday as well after watching the guy speed run it at AGDQ. It only took like 20-25 arrows for me lol..

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Did they nerf the ability to attack the Red Dragon until he flies away and drops the Drake Sword? I tried last night and sunk around 300 arrows into him from under the bridge; he kept going into this weird animation at times but never flew away and his health stopped moving at some point. I also never got the fucking sword. This was my strategy the first time I played through, but this time it doesn't seem to be working. Any ideas?
You need the required dex for the bow or you won't do enough damage vs. the dragon's regen to ever kill the tail.

Syntax Error_sl

shitlord
Just use pine resin, bait him into flying down on to the bridge and melee the tail.