Dark Souls 3

khalid

Unelected Mod
Does someone have a link to the exact nerfs/buffs from the next patch? All I keep finding are vague links just to the patch notes.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Working with Gundyr's halberd now. I went halberd runs in DS2 but the move set feel slower in DS3, but that may be because DS3 is faster in general.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
If you use Gundyr's Halberd, you need to unlock when you do the charge. It is extremely easy to parry.

radditsu

Been catching a ton of people offguard with a backroll r1 then wrecking them pretty hard. Good weapon so far.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Just finished the game, minus nameless king who I will tackle sometime in the future. Pretty fun and hope they make another, but god the game can be frustrating sometimes if your not used to super twichy play and going on KB/Mouse. So many times I wished for a game pad, maybe Im getting old.

radditsu

Just finished the game, minus nameless king who I will tackle sometime in the future. Pretty fun and hope they make another, but god the game can be frustrating sometimes if your not used to super twichy play and going on KB/Mouse. So many times I wished for a game pad, maybe Im getting old.
Nameless king wasn't that bad imo. I still havent beat the game, but I am close.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't think I would want to deal with playing a Dark Soulsesque game without using a gamepad. People do it, but people also do silly stuff like play rhythm games with a regular controller or use a controller for RTS games. the 39.99 I spent like 6 years ago on a wired Xbox controller has paid itself off in avoiding frustration a thousand times over at this point hah.

Nameless isn't bad, and I would say is a borderline joke if you use the ring that increases rolling invul frames at the expense of defense. Since most attacks either 2 or three shot you (and many seem purely percentage of health based) what you give up is trivial compared to what you gain. Makes the fight very, very easy.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Beat it last night. Still not entirely sure why its the "last" dark souls.
It was an easy and consequence-free way to shore up hype. It doesn't forbid remakes or rereleases, nor does it preclude a new Demon's Souls or Bloodborne, and implicit in the statement that it's the final entry is the claim that ths team went all out to make the best game possible.

And not many people are gonna be pissed if they announce Dark Souls 4 anyway.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I think they only said the last Dark Souls so they can do the same kind of game outside of the medieval fantasy genre.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
It's been a while since I first heard the announcement, but I remember reading it as, "we want to make a game in a different setting," not a statement that they were wrapping up the series as a trilogy.

radditsu

I got gud with the halberd and then the game got boring for me, i may make another run when the DLC is out.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I got gud with the halberd
Fuk yah brah. Halberds4life. First no death run was with a red-hilted halberd and Gundyr was my first run where I felt confident in the game.

Beat the game with every weapon but daggers. So I guess I will punish myself with that run tomorrow. They all look fucking garbage though.

WTB DLC.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Was tempted to pick it up and this is one of the few negatives I have heard about it. How would you rank Bloodbourne compared to the others?
Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls 2 > Dark Souls 1 > Bloodborne.

Keep in mind that I played through Bloodborne using the Stake Driver because I thought it was cool as balls but it is considered an unviable weapon by almost everyone in the BB community. Almost everyone uses the Holy Sword. But that just feeds into my disdain for Bloodborne; I like variety and customization, of which there is very little in BB.

Fuk yah brah. Halberds4life. First no death run was with a red-hilted halberd and Gundyr was my first run where I felt confident in the game.

Beat the game with every weapon but daggers. So I guess I will punish myself with that run tomorrow. They all look fucking garbage though.

WTB DLC.
Try the Corvian Greatknife, it has meh damage but the best range on any of the daggers. If you keep a good supply of Carthus Rouge it might not be so bad.