Dark Souls 3

khalid

Unelected Mod
Bought a PS4 just to play Bloodborne. Enjoying it for the combat, fast paced and all, but so much really similar environments and areas and so many of the bosses feel like reskinned werewolves.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Thanks for the answers. My 33/34 banked spells will stay there after I kill Cinder? Don't want to lose them again or farm the dregs
Everything minus the ashes and kiln carry over to NG+. You might need to move all your spells on to your character to get the achievement to pop though. Just as an aside you can back up your save if you want to be safe. I think it's in appdata - local - roaming.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
So after getting platinum in the series.

Demon/Dark Souls best of the series, but I honestly believe this has more to do with the sudden shock value of playing the first couple games(first "souls" game will always be the hardest) there are some additions they tried to improve on Throne Watcher/Defender was a good try, Gank Squad in Sunken King is a slap in the face, and Elana calling Velstadt(a boss that can summon another boss at full strength come on B-Team).

Overall length, 2 is the longest because Drangleic is fucking HUGE, but at the same time you can make 2 the quickest for platinum(Bonfire Ascetic best idea ever why are they not in 3?) Soul Memory was a good idea but badly implemented, Power Stance was fun.

Dark Souls 3, is overall right now pretty short, but FROM has always been really good about making DLC actually worth it, DS the Artorias DLC was Awesome, DS2 The 3 Crowns and another ending to the story, BB fucking trolls.

But Nameless King best fight ever...

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't think I would want to deal with playing a Dark Soulsesque game without using a gamepad. People do it, but people also do silly stuff like play rhythm games with a regular controller or use a controller for RTS games. the 39.99 I spent like 6 years ago on a wired Xbox controller has paid itself off in avoiding frustration a thousand times over at this point hah.

Nameless isn't bad, and I would say is a borderline joke if you use the ring that increases rolling invul frames at the expense of defense. Since most attacks either 2 or three shot you (and many seem purely percentage of health based) what you give up is trivial compared to what you gain. Makes the fight very, very easy.
Yea, beat the game last week, went back and bought DS2 (abandoned it when I moved and never unboxed the ps3), If you're willing to respec, nameless king was an absolute joke as a soul level 110ish faithbro (or dark build would be equally cheese, I mean literally dorhys gnawing is the most overpowered spell in the game likely, And I'm not even really "specced" for it with my 60fth compared to a sunless build)... Lightning bolt does insane damage to the head of the dragon, and spamming ranged against the boss took him down safely. (and sadly that was pretty much my tactic for every boss... get ranged, hit bleed spell, dancer I think maybe hit me once the entire fight). I did use at least 1 summon for every boss though, not sure how well this strategy would work on a "dead" game like dark souls 2 is in comparison.

I spent maybe 60 hours to beat the game, I think it was the easiest dark souls, but also had the most linear, which helped me. I had previously spent about 100 hours in dark souls 1 and 2 (combined), but hadn't actually beat either of them. My routine for the last 2 weeks was literally... get home from work... Pour myself some whiskey, start playing dark souls... It took me 2 bottles of whiskey to beat the game. It helped that I knew what worked build wise from the other games, and so I knew exactly which route I wanted to take, although I definitely ended up much more caster/roll build oriented than I expected, shields/heavy armors just aren't nearly as good as they were in DS1/2. DS2 had the advantage that you didn't feel compelled to limit your soul level, and DS1 had such extreme caps for the taper-off point that there wasn't much reason to go for past 40, not like DS3 where you "need" to go to 60 for faith to be a viable caster build. Anyway, I beat 85% of the game spamming spells or using a astora great sword which was pretty sweet sword for a sunbro like myself, ended up with about 60 sunlight medals for my playthrough. (I love easy bosses for soul farming)

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I did a melee build for my first play-thru some of the boss's are pretty rough if your trying to go right up too them and push there shit in, King is just a absolute beast when he starts adding hits to his combos(there still really easy to dodge, but that fucking grab hit box grrrr), ended up using FUG and Zwein for this cycle.

2nd play-thru I just ran thru the game really quick, knowing that everything I needed would be on the 3rd cycle literally did it in about 2hours lol I ended up staying on this cycle at the end to farm all my covenant items, most pain in the ass one to farm would be the Shackles(after awhile I ended up just turning off the sounds in Carthus, constantly hearing Nitos Testicle rolling around was driving me up the wall) Sunlight is easy to farm offline, and well Concords fucking stingy ass knights.

Before going to my 3rd cycle rerolled to a Sorcerer with enough faith to use Sacred Oath/Heals(this was nice), Crystal Soul Spear just wrecks all the bosses, Souls stream is fun but only on bosses that are slow(No tracking on this spell like how Cinder has it makes me sad)but it works really good on the Deacons fight *laugh*

I think at the End my character was at about 78'ish hours, was working while doing the Covenant farming(made for nice breaks) I'm sure I could knock 4-5hours off that time for my actual play time.

Funny thing on DS2 play SotFS without patching the game if you wanna see OP Hexes/Spells

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
carpet bombing with lingering flame, watching the Royal Rat go from 100% Health to Dead as soon as he jumps off was fun

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The BK Halberd drops him in like four hits, too. I used to hate that fight until I learned how to skunk the adds easily.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Any speculation on when they'll announce (or release?!) DLC for this? Bloodborne's first DLC was about 6 months after launch. I don't remember DS2's dates, just that all three were released within a month of the subsequent DLC.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Dunno but I can't wait. If any company does dlc better than From - DLC that consistently compares favorably with or exceeds the vanilla game - I don't know of them. I guess one or two Borderlands dlc's were that good, but their quality overall was really inconsistent.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Heard around E3 time, that 1 DLC is planned for this Fall, and another one planned for this coming April, well probably hear more if anything at TGS, or conventions closer to the Fall months(there supposedly massive too)

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Dunno but I can't wait. If any company does dlc better than From - DLC that consistently compares favorably with or exceeds the vanilla game - I don't know of them. I guess one or two Borderlands dlc's were that good, but their quality overall was really inconsistent.
CD Projekt Red. Witcher 3 DLCs, particularly Blood and Wine, are probably the best DLCs I've ever touched. They're on par with From's DLC, if not better.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Man, I bought Scholar of the First Sin since I never played the DLC for DS2 and I'm having a rough go. After Bloodborne and DS3, the controls in DS2 feel like you're moving through syrup. I'm 3 hours in and still haven't gotten used to it. Bad times ahead bros, bad times.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Agree, after BB and then going back thru the games took me a bit to get adjusted to the slowness hahaha

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Its more that you could use the HP swing mechanism and mash Ludwigs through most fights, which gets you murdered in DS2-3. If you want to create the same mash an dash experience as in BB, go ultra GS/STR with ninja ring build and rely on hyperarmor frames in the movesets. Its about the same experience.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
BB was my first and I absolutely loved it. Then I played DS1 and really enjoyed it. DS2: Scholar has been a serious slog. I'm on the 2nd DLC now, but I don't even feel like beating it. Is DS3 better than 2?

khalid

Unelected Mod
BB was my first and I absolutely loved it. Then I played DS1 and really enjoyed it. DS2: Scholar has been a serious slog. I'm on the 2nd DLC now, but I don't even feel like beating it. Is DS3 better than 2?
DS2 combat feels like garbage compared to BB or DS3. If you liked BB, I think you will like DS3. I went the other way, having loved DS1 and DS3 , then tried BB and loved it also. DS2 is the worst looking of the series, has the worst combat and the most repetitive bosses.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
DS3 way better then 2, it is shorter but it's way better, no fucking ADP stat..

and really you cannot compare the combat systems at all BB is literally Speed Souls Dark Souls 2 is well Dark Souls 2(made by FROM Software's B-Team...)

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Its more that you could use the HP swing mechanism and mash Ludwigs through most fights, which gets you murdered in DS2-3. If you want to create the same mash an dash experience as in BB, go ultra GS/STR with ninja ring build and rely on hyperarmor frames in the movesets. Its about the same experience.
Except you couldn't do that for almost anything

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Way better