Dark Souls

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Can't wait to play it!!.jpg

Wife saw this and freaked out, fell asleep watching ds speed runs

At first I was thinking ds on switch is stupid, of course go for PS4, gfx, then I realized you guys saying portable dark souls.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
They really should do a remastered version of Demons' Souls, its such a great game. It kickstarted a craving for me in Souls games, where I get disappointed every time I walk into a clean looking environment, but get pretty hyped crawling through some dark and dreary dungeon.

Same for me. I don't know if I'm alone, but at first I thought Demons Soul was really minimalist and that they would expand the RPG elements (like more spells/abilities) and really deepen the game mechanics in sequels. The combat seemed super slow compared to other games of this genre and the character development was also really slow and not always that impactful. It took some time to appreciate it, but it became part of the game's charm and success, that and the Gothic atmosphere.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 159418

Wife saw this and freaked out, fell asleep watching ds speed runs

At first I was thinking ds on switch is stupid, of course go for PS4, gfx, then I realized you guys saying portable dark souls.

Has your wife ever played a souls game before? If she sees Mario in armor and gets excited without knowing what a souls game is, you need to stream her playing it. I’ll give her 23 minutes before the console is all yours. :)

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Looks like if you own it on PC you will get 50% off on steam for the remaster. Oh and HDR for consoles.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Looks like if you own it on PC you will get 50% off on steam for the remaster. Oh and HDR for consoles.
There's a twitter post saying actually no HDR. It's remade in the DS3 engine, but apparently with no new options or gameplay changes. It might change later.

Edit: Fucking idiots can't get their shit right, seems HDR after all:

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Has your wife ever played a souls game before? If she sees Mario in armor and gets excited without knowing what a souls game is, you need to stream her playing it. I’ll give her 23 minutes before the console is all yours. :)
Well yea, why else would see watch a speed run of a game she's never played?

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
There's a twitter post saying actually no HDR. It's remade in the DS3 engine, but apparently with no new options or gameplay changes. It might change later.

Edit: Fucking idiots can't get their shit right, seems HDR after all:

Noticed that too. First article on Playstation blog said HDR, then the article was updated with a line through the part that said HDR was in and the bottom of the article listed an update saying that they removed the HDR part on request from Bandai Namco.

Will buy this for sure, but wish they'd also remaster Demon Souls.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
They've been saying it for years but Demon Souls was a different publisher so it may never be re-released

• 1Salty

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Demon Souls publishing situation is fucked. I think 3 different companies handled it for different parts of the world. It's ultimately up to Sony though.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
They've been saying it for years but Demon Souls was a different publisher so it may never be re-released
Hopefully they see the money that will be made with the Dark Souls remaster and get greedy enough to do it.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

If that's not an april fools joke I'm supremely disappointed. That is one shitty cash-grab of a remaster. If anything, the atmosphere in some of those comparisons looks duller than the original.

• 1Solidarity

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
yeah absolutely, seems really poor, thought some of the originals looked better in the comparison shot

i am disappoint

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I watched a 29 minute preview of the remaster last night. I believe they play on an Xbox but it looked pretty good I thought. Only thing that bothered me is there seemed to be motion blur during some fighting.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
60fps
Some new environment animations
Tiny QoL improvments like turning in multiple Humanity and changing covanent at bonfire.

That's it.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Demon Souls, has 3 different publishers, Sony owns publication rights for japan, Bandai Namco publication rights for EU, Atlus USA publications rights for the states, but Sony holds the IP rights for the actual game...

And sad that they didn't change the covenants to be like DS3's =/ I'll still get it though.

Last edited: