Dark Souls

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Started as Barbarian. Hit like a truck but was getting smoked if caught off guard.
Switched to Knight so I could sword and board.
Used up all my fire bombs before getting to phalanx.
Farmed fire pots until I realized theres a vendor.
Ruined Phalanx's shit.
The graphics and combat feel tight in this remake. Was it good feeling combat in the original?

Yes.

Played the original again on an emulator a year or so before the remake came out and was amazed how well the gameplay held up.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
You know what bugs me about the remake tho? And I'm not sure if this was in the original...

They synced the mouths with the voice lines.

This seems blasphemous in the SoulsBorne universe!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Is the DeS remake ps5 only? The effects of Tower Knight throwing those spears is pretty amazing. So is the dragon fly overs.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Is the DeS remake ps5 only? The effects of Tower Knight throwing those spears is pretty amazing. So is the dragon fly overs.

Yeah, and I'm glad it is. Being PS5-only allowed them to really maximize the game for that system without having to worry about it working on other systems. As a result it has the best visuals I've ever seen in a console game, and the second or third* best-feeling controls with the DualSense. They did a fantastic job with it. I just worry that some aspects of it (the world tendencies) might have been too difficult for a lot of casual players who turned the game off too soon and didn't give it a chance / had buyer's remorse. Especially considering it was a launch game.

* - Returnal has the second-best controls, you really feel everything in that game through the controller. And first goes to...Astro's Playroom, which is a glorified tech demo but a lot of fun to play, and it fully shows off every controller vibration possibility they could think of.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
So I've only beaten Phalanx and Tower Knight and I've made an observation:

Are there only "bonfires" at the start of levels and right after you kill a boss?

I do prefer the system where you open shortcuts instead of plopping down a bonfire.

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Bonfires for major points, and shortcuts in-between. It mostly depends on the level because each world is unique.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
So I've only beaten Phalanx and Tower Knight and I've made an observation:

Are there only "bonfires" at the start of levels and right after you kill a boss?

I do prefer the system where you open shortcuts instead of plopping down a bonfire.

Correct, that one only has bonfires at the x-1 start positions, and then bosses (which are the x-2 and so on starts).

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Wish they'd release it for PC along with BB

Free fucking money for them

• 2Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
My only complaint about this game is the equipment load system. I'm glad they fixed that in ds

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
My thread now!

So I'm watching my son play one of the new Spider Man games and I it really helps me realize why the SoulsBorne games really clicked with me.

Spider Man is all dialog, cut scenes, massive overbearing menus, hand holding ui... Etc

I'm sure it's a great game but I need a simple game (ironic!). DS is straightforward... Smash way through map. Story optional.

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Wish they'd release it for PC along with BB

Free fucking money for them

Only thing I don't like about From is that when they decide they're done with a game, then they're completely fucking done with it.

• 1Solidarity

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Only thing I don't like about From is that when they decide they're done with a game, then they're completely fucking done with it.

Yeah I agree. Still bugs me that we didn't get a Demon Souls DLC or some Bloodborne enhancements.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Is it just me or is having a healing spell equipped in DeS pretty much mandatory 😳

I can't afford to farm or buy all these healing maple leaves to chew on

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Is it just me or is having a healing spell equipped in DeS pretty much mandatory 😳

Gotta get regeneration items like the shield from 4-1 and a purity glaive or w/e.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You could also run through World 1 to get more healing herbs. They drop like crazy there. Each level drops higher-tier heals. The 1-1 heals get outclassed quickly but 1-2 and (if it's available) 1-3 drop good ones.

I had to do that in my first run of Bloodborne. Farmed so many Blood Vials in Central Yharnam from that first section (the 1-1 of that game). Later I farmed the executioners right outside the Witch of Hemwick fight and they drop like 3x at a time.

Dunno why but I really don't mind farming in these games compared to other games. I usually hate having to farm mats or consumables in any game, but not From games.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

You can farm the 1st - 3rd versions of the healing items very easily in various places. 2-2 right before tower knight is an area I used, there's two knights and 2-3 archer faggots directly behind the bonfire thing after you kill tower knight.