Dating

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I do zipper hoodie over vest

Had three people tell me today that I needed to get laid, one specifically said during my vacation to Florida next week.
There will be plenty of opportunities where parents could watch kid/pup

Oh! And I found out people hookup from restaurant bars? Whoa, as I type this - I could do that in Florida. hmm. but then what. seems high chance for lame and weird ...

My theory is toss aside all fears of lame and weird, having those probably steer closer to them rather than further away. hmm. Eat drink relax and look around. If any look back, make a funny face at them maybe? no, if that were the case there would be memories of seeing others do it. Must be something more subtle. Walking over so far just scares them away and that's a bad feeling that I'd rather never encounter again. So toss that aside too, having those thoughts probably steer closer.

Visualize success.

That reminds me, had a pretty speak with me today. She talked about near irrelevant things but not once look panicked. She offered me a seat next to her. I chose to stand. Thought about halfway through that maybe the offer had significance and then I started obsessing a little about maybe asking her to scoot over and accept the offer to sit next to her but there was no smooth opportunity so I said a factoid about paleontology and sat across from her. This was at work, so will need to play it cool and not move too fast.
Florida is your best chance to hit on a mother and daughter at the same time, have no idea which one is the mother and which one is the daughter, and if you're far enough northwest you won't have to choose between them.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Florida is your best chance to hit on a mother and daughter at the same time, have no idea which one is the mother and which one is the daughter, and if you're far enough northwest you won't have to choose between them.
The panhandle is chock full of joggers, so that's probably a bad play.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Well I fucked up boys

I got mad feels for a girl.

Womp womp.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 2Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 7 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pretty from last night appears to be the subject of several affection. She speaks as if to no one in particular. I'm penciling her out, but will stay in circle for potential residuals.

Avoided ex today. Max 2 minutes total contact since September even though she works down the hall to she saying my name in a probably flirtatious way as she left for work and I arriving. I cut the corner and walked up the hill using the drainage stones. She texted me "You're still handsome"

I toked and joined a zoom call for scheduled meeting at work.

Meeting is over and there's probably a response window. Might just ghost.

Son said "Goofy" and since she's rich we could get stuff from her, have fun in the short term and don't worry about the rest.

Seeking thoughts on:
1) Response window timing
2) What to say in response
3) General expectations

Last edited:
  • 1Picard

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I also get more female attention when I grow hair out, can add to that chorus. However I have a (small) bald spot in the back that fucks everything up and I end up just combing hair back to cover that.

Also missing a tooth right now so I can't smile at anybody. Hooray!

What got me the most female attention was probably when I dyed my hair blonde (spiky like Billy Idol). Pretty much immediately was getting girls hanging around me at parties and shooting me looks.

One of the reasons I don't shoot many shots in the modern era, besides my health being a bit knackered, is that I got plenty of play in the past and there's something to be said for having some damn peace and quiet 2020+.

• 1Seriously?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The panhandle is chock full of joggers, so that's probably a bad play.

The Florida panhandle is a republican stronghold. That's why they always try to call the election before the panhandle polls close. Explain this discrepancy!

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
The Florida panhandle is a republican stronghold. That's why they always try to call the election before the panhandle polls close. Explain this discrepancy!
What does any of that have to do with Gavinmad Gavinmad getting a twosome with a mother and daughter pair of joggers?

• 1Worf

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Oh! And I found out people hookup from restaurant bars? Whoa, as I type this - I could do that in Florida. hmm. but then what. seems high chance for lame and weird ...

My theory is toss aside all fears of lame and weird, having those probably steer closer to them rather than further away. hmm. Eat drink relax and look around. If any look back, make a funny face at them maybe? no, if that were the case there would be memories of seeing others do it. Must be something more subtle. Walking over so far just scares them away and that's a bad feeling that I'd rather never encounter again. So toss that aside too, having those thoughts probably steer closer.

Try this theory. Embrace the weird. As long as you don't lose a kidney it will be a success.

I like the make a funny face idea, especially if you're a joker like me. If you're not, the traditional signs are to make eye contact and do the eyebrow raise / head tilt. Maybe raise your glass. If she smiles or raises her glass in return, shes interested. Don't be worried if she turns away if there's a smile first. If she's close to you, look at which way her legs are crossed. Crossed towards you, shes interested, crossed away she's not. It's especially important if she changes how they are crossed in response to your approach. Also look for playing with her hair (a sign of interest in whoever she's engaging with) or peeling the label off the bottle (a sign she's bored and would probably like to get out of here and go fuck).

Visualize success.

That reminds me, had a pretty speak with me today. She talked about near irrelevant things but not once look panicked. She offered me a seat next to her. I chose to stand. Thought about halfway through that maybe the offer had significance and then I started obsessing a little about maybe asking her to scoot over and accept the offer to sit next to her but there was no smooth opportunity so I said a factoid about paleontology and sat across from her. This was at work, so will need to play it cool and not move too fast.

You missed that chance. But there's no harm and taking a shot because, unless you're old enough to be her grandpa, she was probably interested.

Avoided ex today. Max 2 minutes total contact since September even though she works down the hall to she saying my name in a probably flirtatious way as she left for work and I arriving. I cut the corner and walked up the hill using the drainage stones. She texted me "You're still handsome"
No
Seeking thoughts on:
1) Response window timing
No
2) What to say in response
No
3) General expectations
No. Move on. You both made your decision. torturing yourself over it now will just hurt both of you. Make a list of everything she did that caused her to become an ex. Not for us. For yourself. You never need to show it to anyone so be honest.

Son said "Goofy" and since she's rich we could get stuff from her, have fun in the short term and don't worry about the rest.
I don't understand this one. If it's about your ex wife, then no. If your son suggested you hook up with some chick playing goofy at disney .... buy him a fucking motorcycle because he's already cooler than you.

• 2Worf
  • 1Quality Calories
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
What does any of that have to do with Gavinmad Gavinmad getting a twosome with a mother and daughter pair of joggers?

I'm not even talking about your mis-characterization of that scenario as a 'bad play'. This is not the section for calling out communist lies.

• 1Worf

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Conefed, if you're talking about your ex with that LSD laced rant there, just punch yourself in the fucking balls.

Your life isn't even my life and I remember how much of a shit show that was.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Conefed, if you're talking about your ex with that LSD laced rant there, just punch yourself in the fucking balls.

Your life isn't even my life and I remember how much of a shit show that was.
No, she's the ex-gf, two people after the wife. Like #2 at the local- branch of the company that I work for.

I ended up choosing work. Her flirt happened literally as I was rushing to an important meeting that lasted two hours. Officemate told me a thing to say and I did, but shouldn't have. Did it more for him than me/her. Wasn't bad persay but didn't fit either me/her and she didn't respond. Last night I photographed a random sign that I found which happened to say an inside joke of ours. She responded near instantly, but not with a strong hook to feed off of. I chose to leave it hanging, less is more approach? I go back to work on Saturday, opportunity there for her to react.

LSD ... lol, I confess, twas shrooms. But also confess, that's how I talk/write regularly, I think there's a blindspot there - I've been doing the recorder thing ala Tobias, listening and processing during walks. Working on phrasing, on less is more, resisting info-dumping/share-bombing.

While at the beach I saw a dude make a move, first time seeing it happen in person. Found it a bit encouraging. Seems simple now that I've seen it. I've been waay overthinking it, probably. Dude struck out, but that's encouraging too.

Went from feeling drained/exhausted at being rejected to theorizing I've actually not been rejected enough. Like Boomhauer told Bobby Hill, it's about numbers.

Last edited:

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This is like the pilot episode of a passed on sitcom. E.T. Goes to high school.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: 4 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't understand this one. If it's about your ex wife, then no. If your son suggested you hook up with some chick playing goofy at disney .... buy him a fucking motorcycle because he's already cooler than you.
no, son said ex gf contacting me out of the blue after dropping us when things were good was Goofy.

He said she's fun enough to give her another try but don't take it serious, don't commit to her, and bleed her dry. If she stays then presents, if she goes to say goodbye.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is like the pilot episode of a passed on sitcom. E.T. Goes to high school.
Well your avatar is Jack Burton and mine is a pink-tinted Mark Rosewater.

So yeah, severely underdeveloped skills in human areas. I'm great at other things, but that's not this thread and this shit is so alien I feel I cannot even mention a shred of it to RL folk. Weird. Humorous. Optimistic

Khane

Well, if that's the case, and you seem sincere, you probably should talk to people you trust IRL as well. Post as much as you want on the internet to get it out of your system but the things you're saying are extremely weird. And I don't say that to be mean.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well, if that's the case, and you seem sincere, you probably should talk to people you trust IRL as well. Post as much as you want on the internet to get it out of your system but the things you're saying are extremely weird. And I don't say that to be mean.
I've lost lifelong friends from sharing. This stuff is clearly atypical. I'm probably high functioning autistic, but even identifying as that leads to misconceptions that don't match me. Such a label is more harmful than helpful, distracting. I share as I dare and am rebuilding. But people look at me in horror for saying things like I prefer to drive without the radio on etc. Feels the worst. I'm not ready for that.

And I appreciates you

Khane

Then you should probably talk to a professional. You're not going to get any real help here of all places.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
No, she's the ex-gf, two people after the wife. Like #2 at the local- branch of the company that I work for.

I ended up choosing work. Her flirt happened literally as I was rushing to an important meeting that lasted two hours. Officemate told me a thing to say and I did, but shouldn't have. Did it more for him than me/her. Wasn't bad persay but didn't fit either me/her and she didn't respond. Last night I photographed a random sign that I found which happened to say an inside joke of ours. She responded near instantly, but not with a strong hook to feed off of. I chose to leave it hanging, less is more approach? I go back to work on Saturday, opportunity there for her to react.

LSD ... lol, I confess, twas shrooms. But also confess, that's how I talk/write regularly, I think there's a blindspot there - I've been doing the recorder thing ala Tobias, listening and processing during walks. Working on phrasing, on less is more, resisting info-dumping/share-bombing.

While at the beach I saw a dude make a move, first time seeing it happen in person. Found it a bit encouraging. Seems simple now that I've seen it. I've been waay overthinking it, probably. Dude struck out, but that's encouraging too.

Went from feeling drained/exhausted at being rejected to theorizing I've actually not been rejected enough. Like Boomhauer told Bobby Hill, it's about numbers.
Boomhauer is dead. So is Luann.