DayZ, Arma2, Arma3

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Might have just been the server you were on or something. I haven't noticed zombies taking longer to bring down.
It was actually just the spider zombies. Its a bitch to connect on them and i was beating the fuck out of them for like 10-15 min before i died. They kept getting up over and over and over. Im like wtf is the point of this. lol

And to the guy that wants to play, it can be fun, but alot of the time expect it to just be Running Simulator lol

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Someone come to the old shipwreck up in the northeast and shoot me. Leg broke on....I don't know what and I can't climb the stairs in this boat to get anywhere to die.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Game is still largely unplayable crap. Play the mod if the want DayZ right now, check back on this in like a year and see if it's playable or has finally been fully abandoned.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Yeah, I've been playing Epoch or Overpoch for the last 10 months or so. If anyone wants to group up ,there is still a small crew of us from these boards playing together. Feel free to pm me.

W

Wrathcaster

Dean hall starts recruiting for new game studio RocketWerkz

He'd announced he was going to bump out of Bohemia & development of DayZ Standalone a while back, but he's finally taken the plunge. Creator and lead developer Rocket is no more for DayZ.

Not that it really matters. I've always had the feeling he had shit all to do with actual development of both the mod and standalone past a certain point. Just think the guy's heart wasn't in it.

The fact that he's starting up a new studio is laughable, however. I can't imagine signing on with a dude who abandoned his own game in alpha after the money had come in and expecting to turn out a finished product... ever. The mod is still technically in alpha and Standalone still suffers from the critical flaws that have existed since day 1 regarding zombie pathing, clunky controls, stability, and performance.

The best thing that could happen to Standalone is to enable modders the same access they had with the Arma 2 iteration. I suspect they'd make incredible strides lightyears ahead of the dev team, just like they did with the mod. Were it not for the amazing mod community, there would be no base building, no new maps, no trade system, no true crafting system, among countless other invaluable additions. There's a reason why most people still play the mod over Standalone, and why Epoch/Overpoch servers vastly outnumber Vanilla.

Regardless, Rocket was a shit leader and a flaky developer, so I think Standalone's progress and direction won't really change much. Maybe it will get better.

Until that happens, I'll still be waiting for H1Z1... Even though Smed said it'd be worse with less features than Standalone at Early Access release.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Bumping this thread.

We've had a pretty solid squad playing nightly on an dayz mod overpoch server. People are welcome to come join in hijinks. Post here for server/ts info

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The DayZ standalone is pretty much the poster child for everything that's wrong with "early access" bullshittery.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
The DayZ standalone is pretty much the poster child for everything that's wrong with "early access" bullshittery.
Shrug, I've gotten more then my moneys worth out of the standalone. It is by no means a bad game, I am just left underwhelmed by the direction they're taking it.

The survival focus is fun in it's own way, it has a very Vanilla minecraft vibe. It just doesn't have the heart pounding excitement of the more combat focused mods.

Forget everything else the mods have, AI missions is the best feature. Not because of the challenge of fighting AI, but the focusing people to only a few targets on the map. I've played standalone and gone days without seeing another soul except for friends.

Warrian

╰⋃╯ლ(´ڡ`ლ)
How do I get in on the action? I've tried to connect to a few public servers but nothing seems to work.

Cybsled

I would recommend using Dayzlauncher over Commander if you plan to play Overpoch. Its the only multi-mod launcher that works without needing custom launch strings/etc. It will even detect what mods are needed to play on a server and prompt you to dl the correct versions.

Warrian

╰⋃╯ლ(´ڡ`ლ)
I'm trying to download the mods via commander but it's throwing an error for both Epoch and Overwatch. Weird.

Edit - It appears the download is working via Dayzlauncher.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I PM'ed you teamspeak. Myself, Jendryk, my friend scotty, or Kurin can help you from there

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Sorry had christmas party friday night, and we've been in perpetual combat since 6pm tonight, everyone on the server hates our base.

W

Wrathcaster

Murder. Pure murder. We had to endure a siege against our base that lasted... Jesus, I don't even know now. An hour? Two hours? Vehicles armed with heavy weapons. Players using antimateriel rifles. Attack choppers dropping explosives down on us and then parachuting players trying to gather up the spoils once we were finally overwhelmed.

There's no game in the world that can contend with this type of unregulated PvP.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
So I know that most of you say standalone sucks...does that mean it's gotten worse than when alpha came out, or it just hasn't changed much?