DC Universe Animated Movies

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, that's a good one.

On a side note, I got curious about what kind of films were coming up soon, since things have been quiet since the latest DC animated movie, Flashpoint Paradox. I checked wikipedia and this is what came up:

Justice League: War

A new Justice League film titled Justice League: War, was announced as the next animated feature. Set to be released February 4, 2014, the film will be based on Geoff Johns and Jim Lee's "Origin" storyline. It will feature the voice talents of Jason O'Mara as Batman, Michelle Monaghan as Wonder Woman, Christopher Gorham as Flash, Alan Tudyk as Superman, Justin Kirk as Green Lantern, Shemar Moore as Cyborg, Sean Astin as Shazam, Steven Blum as Darkseid, and Rocky Carroll as Dr. Silas Stone. This will be the first animated movie from the DC Universe based on "The New 52" storyline.

Son of Batman

On July 20, 2013, as part of the San Diego Comic-Con, DC Comics announced on Twitter a new animated feature, Son of Batman. The film will be based on Grant Morrison's "Batman & Son" storyline.

Batman: Assault on Arkham

On July 20, 2013, as part of the San Diego Comic-Con, DC Comics announced on Twitter a new animated feature, Batman: Assault on Arkham. The film will take place in the same universe as the Batman: Arkham video game franchise.

Aquaman

An animated Aquaman movie is reportedly in the works.

Column_sl

shitlord
Batman: Assault on Arkham

On July 20, 2013, as part of the San Diego Comic-Con, DC Comics announced on Twitter a new animated feature, Batman: Assault on Arkham. The film will take place in the same universe as the Batman: Arkham video game franchise.
This I want.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
My wife and I are working through these movies now. We just watched the third one (The first batman specific one) and it was excellent.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watched All Star Superman, it was decent I guess. It followed the comics pretty closely, which had the unfortunate effect of making for a really disjointed jumble of a movie since the comic issues are largely standalone and don't present a real unified tight arc along the way. Turns in to a sort of "random adventures of Superman" movie.

edit

Justice League: Doom on the other hand was pretty dope. I'm a sucker for whenever DC's villains really get organized with a master plan. Justice was one of my favorite mini series type runs of the last 15 years, though that's also in large part thanks to Alex Ross.

Caliane

thats an.. odd one.

I don't know why they would introduce Damien. if not doing all of Batman, Inc. and if they are doing a modified Batman, Inc. it needs to be like 4 movies.
Son of Batman. Batman and Robin (with Dick bats and Damian). Leviathan.

You CAN'T really do Damian without the period he spends with Dick. and I have no idea why you would introduce him, if you aren't going to do the finale. he's just retreading the same material as the previous Robins without that.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Is there any more stuff to consume about the alternate time from Flashpoint Paradox? Specifically exploring the Batman storyline.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I agree the voices in the war clip are annoying. I thought GL was worse. For some reason the existence of Damien in general irks me, was he ever around pre new52? Batman does not need a son needs to go back to stealing orphans. I am looking forward to Gus Fring doing the voice for Ra's Al Ghul.

I would love to see an Injustice movie or of course Kingdom come.

Its kind of ironic that i just had this thread moved to the Movie section, and now i see there is a new TV show coming out on FOX in 2014 called "Gotham" apparently its all Jimmy Gordon and has no batman in it.

As a reminder, War comes out on Feb 4th.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
New "War" clip featuring Wonder Woman with a dum voice and a crummy costume.

Not a huge fan of armies of robots/aliens for our heroes to fight, but we shall see how it turns out.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I want a Kingdom Come movie. Live action would be even better.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Saw "War" via torrents. The voices grow on you. I thought it was actually a pretty good movie. It was no Flashpoint Paradox, but, still very good.