DC Universe (Batman vs Superman thread).

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
He was good but, yeah, once he became a White Lantern stuff went a little off the rails. Especially the whole Volthoom storyline.

Guy has probably had some of the most development and despite being an asshole at the start became a real fan favourite. Totally agree on Stewart, maybe I didn’t read enough of his stuff but he seems very one-dimensional.
The Guy Gardner comic run in 1992 was the only DC comic I picked up regularly when I picked up comics, everything else was very X-Men/Avengers focused.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
1720237706201.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I don't know a lot about DC comics, was never my jam, what the hell is this movie supposed to be about, and who are the big superheroes that are supposed to be in it?

I'll be honest I have no earthly idea and I haven't read anything about it, but would appreciate one of you guys that are more familiar with the DC universe than I am. I know there was the picture of the guy with the bowl cut and I guess he's a Green lantern or something? I really don't know.

Not as if I'm going to watch this but I'm just trying to understand what sort of weird shit show that's been brewing in the bowels of Hollywood, and going to be pooped out onto hundreds of screens across the US in the future.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I also have no clue about DC but it appears that the new team has learned nothing from the old team and instead of building up to a team up movie slowly introducing characters in their own solo movies as Marvel has so clearly demonstrated is the one and only way to make successful cinematic universes they are doubling down on the first movie featuring fucking everyone with no introduction explanation or buildup of these people, it will get shit on completely like all previous attempts at making trash DC universes.

What I really don't get is why they are rushing once again? MCU is dead as fuck everything after phase IV has been trash with the only decent films being a nostalgia-fest spiderman and upcoming Fox crossover Deadpool & Wolverine. MCU and superhero films in general will not recover for years, now is the time to start right and lay the frame work. Start with 1 fucking superman movie, 1 fucking batman movie, have them cameo in each other's films in the post credit scene to show you are building up to a single universe. This shit isn't fucking hard it's paint by numbers at this point why are you fucking it up?

Look Gunn is ok at doing the weird kooky team movies but both instances he was introducing teams into well established universes (GotG and suicide squad). this looks like a fucking disaster, would rather watch a kevin smith rendition of superman arguing with lois lane on how many dicks she has sucked then this.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I also have no clue about DC but it appears that the new team has learned nothing from the old team and instead of building up to a team up movie slowly introducing characters in their own solo movies as Marvel has so clearly demonstrated is the one and only way to make successful cinematic universes they are doubling down on the first movie featuring fucking everyone with no introduction explanation or buildup of these people, it will get shit on completely like all previous attempts at making trash DC universes.

What I really don't get is why they are rushing once again? MCU is dead as fuck everything after phase IV has been trash with the only decent films being a nostalgia-fest spiderman and upcoming Fox crossover Deadpool & Wolverine. MCU and superhero films in general will not recover for years, now is the time to start right and lay the frame work. Start with 1 fucking superman movie, 1 fucking batman movie, have them cameo in each other's films in the post credit scene to show you are building up to a single universe. This shit isn't fucking hard it's paint by numbers at this point why are you fucking it up?

Look Gunn is ok at doing the weird kooky team movies but both instances he was introducing teams into well established universes (GotG and suicide squad). this looks like a fucking disaster, would rather watch a kevin smith rendition of superman arguing with lois lane on how many dicks she has sucked then this.
I don't know why the new Superman movies coming out, but I know I had posted maybe a month or so ago about enjoying the Robert Pattinson Batman movie. That and with the penguin coming out on HBO, they're still is maybe a little bit of hope or something someone entertaining and creative, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

its really stupid. they already have established over the course of 10+ years that Cavill is Supes, Gadot is WW, Momoa is Aquaman and Affleck is Bats. nobody cares about Ezra Weirdo or Dwayne's Johnson. you could toss in that Shazaam guy or not. he serves no purpose in the DEU. nope. its gonna be all new crew for you to instantly love or hate. they could slowly replace the old Supers with younger actors, but this is going to be an all or nothing type of thing because Zaslav is hinging everything on this one movie. he has no patience to build anything. its a great way to make sure DC dies a quick death.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It's been a long, long time so I could be wrong about this but how are they using Guy Gardner GL? He was like a psycho nut job, non-pc (anti-woke in today's jargon) Lantern. Seems out of touch with today's tranny rainbow Hollywood.

• 1Like