DC's Legends of Tomorrow

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Heh, was avoiding the thread for spoilers til I got around to watching this weeks episode, then I remembered that I already watched it last week.

So yeah, the show is terrible and if they don't pick up the pace immediately I'm done.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why is Firestorm depicted as so weak in this? There's been no molecular manipulation to speak of, he's just a clone of the Human Torch. Also, Zoom one shotted the Earth 2 version of him on the Flash. Yet, he is Darkseid level, power-wise. Between that, and the acting of the black guy, and they've ruined one of my favorite DC characters.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Because if he was Darkseid power level in the show, Savage would already be dead and the show would be over.

What a dumb question.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Because if he was Darkseid power level in the show, Savage would already be dead and the show would be over.

What a dumb question.
It's not a dumb question that even an alternate reality Firestorm could be one-shotted by Zoom. Firestorm is more powerful than the rest of the team combined. It's like they threw any semblance of continuity out of the window.

Ganthorn

N00b
Why is Firestorm depicted as so weak in this? There's been no molecular manipulation to speak of, he's just a clone of the Human Torch. Also, Zoom one shotted the Earth 2 version of him on the Flash. Yet, he is Darkseid level, power-wise. Between that, and the acting of the black guy, and they've ruined one of my favorite DC characters.
I'm thinking they are working up to his other powers. I don't think we saw him absorb energy before that atomic bomb scene so I would think at some point he will figure out more of it. Also like the flash he is so powerful they have to tone it down some or the flash would win 99% of all fights before the enemy even knew he was there except someone like zoom. Even turtle if the flash came at him at true full speed from a direction he wasn't looking you couldnt react fast enough to slow him down or even if you did he would be like 1 inch away and it wouldn't matter. That is the main problem with the comics in generally and it seems like DC even more so. You have gods like flash/superman etc and they slowly get more and more powers to make an interesting comic but then it stops making any sense.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
And never before in the history of tv and movies has a character had a different power level from the way he is portrayed in the source material.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
And never before in the history of tv and movies has a character had a different power level from the way he is portrayed in the source material.

Quit whining, you pussy. It's a valid point. So far, they've stayed pretty close to continuity, power-wise, except for Firestorm. And for his character, it seems as if they just threw him together without much after thought. His general comic book awesomeness is not translating, IMO.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
At no point is power continuity a valid point when it involves the Flash or characters in his comics/show.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
At no point is power continuity a valid point when it involves the Flash or characters in his comics/show.
???.

With the exception of Vibe (who just became a meta), the show's power levels are in step with the comics. Maybe it's like Ganthorn says, and it's because Firestorm is just starting out. But still, Zoom should not be one-shotting Firestorm, no way.

rrr_img_126452.jpg

Caliane

Show is a trainwreck as many have said.

So many many problems. hard to even begin, or feel the need to try and talk about them all. Half the problems lead into the other problems.

Firestorm problem as it is now.. They have Cold and Heatwave with fire and Ice guns.
then you have Firestorm, who was depowered as stated Molecule manipulation, to... a walking flamethrower. His powers are not fire related. So, it is a really boned headed move turning him into the human torch, as it really shit on the character. And its fuckup with the show, because you have a second flame dude on the show also. Redundant character. But wait! super smart. ok. good...
Ray Palmer, and Rip..
so, how many super scientists do you need?

Show is bloated with characters. all on this tiny ass ship. no homebase.(yet, presumably..) so its not like a team show, were team members can be of doing things, while we have an episode that focuses only on a few. or, Ray's in the lab always. type stuff, like you see on SHIELD.

Vandal Savage as the foe. Again, a total screwup. you have a time machine, and can't kill/stop this guy who doesn't... you always know where and when he will be. hell, kill him when he was born. you know when that was. I suppose they will get to time locks eventually. but that would basically prevent them from stopping Vandal at any point.
Other shows... like Dr who, work because anywhere/any time.(and just happens to spend 90% of his time in Europe 1700-2016) But this show, focused on Vandal is just an idiotic concept, if he doesn't have a time machine himself. And this is especially true with this pussy ass version of Vandal Savage.

A proper Vandal would be a wonderful foe, and has a ton of potential for a timetraveller trying to "beat" him. An eternal Vandal. old as mankind itself. King of nations, warlord, sinker of Atlantis an immortal whos immortality has never actually even been tested, because no one has managed to beat or kill him in his 60-100thousand year life.

Cold's insanely hammy acting is not helping either.

They should kill Vandal next episode, wipe out the timeline, themselves included.

Booster shows up trying to fix the mess they made.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Firestorm problem as it is now.. They have Cold and Heatwave with fire and Ice guns.
then you have Firestorm, who was depowered as stated Molecule manipulation, to... a walking flamethrower. His powers are not fire related. So, it is a really boned headed move turning him into the human torch, as it really shit on the character. And its fuckup with the show, because you have a second flame dude on the show also. Redundant character. But wait! super smart. ok. good...
Ray Palmer, and Rip..
so, how many super scientists do you need?
Spot on. At the end of the day, they've taken an interesting character in the comic books, and turned him into a vanilla character on the show.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well they could bring him back at any time if his other gigs don't pan out (like what I'm sorta hoping happens with VanSanten) since A: he didn't actually die, he just fell into a black hole and B: even if you did see him die, it's a fucking comic book show.

I love that dude hamming it up as Snart, one of the few things I like about the show.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also, just because it may have been consistent lately doesn't mean that the Flash hasn't always had a wildly inconsistent power level. In the comics can't he perceive shit in goddamn attoseconds? One-quintillionth of a second? I mean he literally could solve every problem in the world almost before it became a problem. Hell, in the Justice League cartoon Flash spends the entire time being a semi-competent joke sidekick, until the S4 finale when he suddenly powers up to about 1/3rd the speed of light and destroys Brainiac after the rest of the league was KOed. Then he's back to a joke sidekick for S5.

Caliane

this is not really a "consistent power level" issue. its a, "totally rewrote what his powers are", one.

This is like making the Flash, be able to talk to fish as only his power, when Aquaman is already on the team.

now, Ray also has this issue a bit. The shrinking is still there at least. But, no comic version of Ray has Ironman armor. so, this works out mostly, becuase, no one else has Ironman power armor in this show, and again, the shrinking/growing is still there at least.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
They did the same thing to Sunspot in Days of Future Past (turned him into nothing more than the human torch) and I don't remember hearing much complaining, or is that just because he wasn't important?

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
They did the same thing to Sunspot in Days of Future Past (turned him into nothing more than the human torch) and I don't remember hearing much complaining, or is that just because he wasn't important?
Sunspot got power upgrades in DoFP, what's your point? Oh wait, you are trolling, so you don't have one.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
lol you have absolutely no room to accuse someone of trolling in a thread about comic book characters you fucking putz

Caliane

Sunspot was in Days of future past?

Also, yes there has been much complaining about xmen movies doing it. Xavier time stop, psylocke, and spike being different people, Kitty having time travel powers for some reason, etc, etc.
Wolverine origins, deadpool, and Frost.
Even new deadpool, with Negasonic being Cannonball.

It does get pointed out. in cases of it getting in the way of the plot, it becomes a real problem.