Deadpool (2016)

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Cuckhold Beam?
The voices in that game always made me laugh. Gambit sounds like he is saying "Credit Card!" when he does his regular card attack and Iron Man's ultimate always sounded like "Here's my Sunday Best! PROOOOOOOOOOOTON CANNON!!!!"

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Last few pages has summed up why comic book readers are the ultimate faggots.

Movie was awesome Btw.
Ha! I haven't collected comic books since I was a kid in the early 90's. Loved a lot of the Image comics when that company came around (Wetworks, Pitt, and Spawn were my favorites). Glad to hear that the movie is good. Want to go see it tomorrow night.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Gunna have to stop reading this thread for a while because of spoilers. But before those start, a question for those who have seen the movie. What movie does it most closely compare to in your opinion?

Devlin

Golden Squire
Gunna have to stop reading this thread for a while because of spoilers. But before those start, a question for those who have seen the movie. What movie does it most closely compare to in your opinion?
I would say it's as good as Days of Future Past.

DP is a very tough character to pull off on screen due to his internal dialogue being a huge part of the character. I would say it's a good start for the franchise.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Dead Pool screenwriters in studio for today's episode of Movie Talk

Itzena_sl

shitlord
I think it's disingenuous to claim that Deadpool and Cable would exist without Liefield, they were his brain children. The guy has his faults, he may be a complete prick, and lord knows he isn't the greatest of artists, but we're only arguing about this shit today becausehecreated Deadpool. To try to take that credit away from him seems petty.
And by "created" you mean "stole Deathstroke, changed his names and costume a little, and dropped him into the Marvel Universe".Everythingelse came after Liefield left, mostly from Joe Kelly.

Devlin

Golden Squire
And by "created" you mean "stole Deathstroke, changed his names and costume a little, and dropped him into the Marvel Universe".Everythingelse came after Liefield left, mostly from Joe Kelly.
Mhm, I love Deadpool but I can't read anything by Liefeld, his "art" has an offensive 80's quality to that I can't get past. Nothing to do with anything personality wise. I just think his work is shitty.

Column_sl

shitlord
Deadpool is really nothing like Deathstroke in stature or Demeanor.

Like I said its Spiderman as a ninja. Every single hero is rip off of one of the archetypes, and they are just further rip offs of Greek mythology.

Names not even original, it was a Clint Eastwood movie in 88....

That being said Rob created Deadpool, originality doesn't even matter.

Column_sl

shitlord
Mhm, I love Deadpool but I can't read anything by Liefeld, his "art" has an offensive 80's quality to that I can't get past. Nothing to do with anything personality wise. I just think his work is shitty.
I think you mean 90's quality. 80's was really fucking boring for comics that is why when Jim Lee ,and the other image guys hit the scene it was like a fucking atomic bomb.

Back to talking about the movie tho. I believe this will be the top grossing rated R movie of all times.

That is very good because we want rated R content to perform well so the studios aren't afraid to make them.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Uh, deadpool was originally a carbon copy of deathstroke. The ONLY thing that deadpool has now that even resembles his original depiction is the name and the suit

Devlin

Golden Squire
I think you mean 90's quality. 80's was really fucking boring for comics that is why when Jim Lee ,and the other image guys hit the scene it was like a fucking atomic bomb.

Back to talking about the movie tho. I believe this will be the top grossing rated R movie of all times.

That is very good because we want rated R content to perform well so the studios aren't afraid to make them.
No, I mean I think all his characters look like something out of a shitty 80's new wave band.

Temper your expectations for the movie, especially if you're actually a fan of the comicbook character.

GotG, Avengers 1, Cap 2, they all have something that makes them epic movies, something that Fox doesn't know how to do properly.

I think it may have something to do with the way they portray the world around them, the world's in the Disney movies feel alive and real and the Fox movies feel like movie sets.

Fadaar

That guy
Probably because it's just a modified version of "today's" world, makes it a lot easier to identify with. GOTG excepting of course, but it's still going to tie in to Earth in the end anyway.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider

There is no way in hell this movie is going to pass "American Sniper" or "Passion of the Christ." Random comic book guy that 90% of the country never heard of isn't going to beat a war movie, or a movie about JC.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Deadpool is really nothing like Deathstroke in stature or Demeanor.

Like I said its Spiderman as a ninja. Every single hero is rip off of one of the archetypes, and they are just further rip offs of Greek mythology.

Names not even original, it was a Clint Eastwood movie in 88....

That being said Rob created Deadpool, originality doesn't even matter.
Yeah he was created at the time when "The Rob" was making 1000 different "teams"(x-men ripoffs) devoid of personality or common sense.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah he was created at the time when "The Rob" was making 1000 different "teams"(x-men ripoffs) devoid of personality or common sense.
Cable, Stryfe, Shatterstar were the only Rob characters I found interesting at the time of there introduction. The modern Dead-Pool didn't develop until well after Rob was gone.

Caliane

youngblood was teen titans.
But honestly, MANY comic characters are like this. to accuse Rob of it is silly.
the darkseid/thanos/Apocalypse example.
Xmen are Doom Patrol.
Imperial guard is Legion of superheroes.
hawkeye is Greenarrow is batman.
watchmen is Bluebeetle, etc..

Many of these characters are creators pitching an idea to one company, getting turned down, then making the idea for the other company, with slightly changed names.
Dave Cockrum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Moving over to a staff position at Marvel, Cockrum and Len Wein under the direction of editor Roy Thomas created the new X-Men, co-creating such characters as Storm, Nightcrawler and Colossus. Storm and Nightcrawler were directly based on characters which Cockrum had intended to introduce into the Legion of Super-Heroes storyline had he remained on the title
The Outsiders. 1973. pitch for DC.
ri5q3qV.jpg

Typhoon, Quetzal, Nightcrawler, Reflecto, Power Boy and Trio
Trio is Storm. Can you guess who Nightcrawler is?
Legion of Super-Heroes: Dave Cockrum's Outsiders

The Imperial guard is also the Legion.
Legion of Super-Heroes: Parodies