Deadpool (2016)

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
According to Marvel, Cable is 6'8 and Deadpool is 6'2. I don't think 6'8 is needed, but probably an actor taller than Reynolds and in lifts in boots or something. He doesn't need to tower over him, he just needs to be bigger than him. He'd definitely have to be like 240lbs+.
So Vin Diesel? Best lifts around.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I was talking domestic, brotato. Passion has one rerelease that barely added anything.
Adjusting for Inflation sure, passion will be hard to top. But Sniper? Deadpool is already 156mil from 4 days, compared to 350mil total over 26 weeks. Even if it follows standard weekly drops in the box office it'll definitely top American Sniper, should also top Passion of the Christ, ignoring inflation.

movies like this make roughly 1/3 to 1/4 of their total domestic box office on opening weekend, which puts deadpool at or above the 400mil mark for it's full run.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Iron Man 3 coming off the first Avengers made 175 million in the first weekend and a hair over 400 million overall. The problem is I don't think it's quite clear yet what "movies like this" Deadpool is similar to. Is it truly going to be a word of mouth sensation like American Sniper or Passion? Or is it going to be a front loaded thing like IM3? Obviously Deadpool has been a lot better received. Guardians of the Galaxy is probably a better example since it had great worth of mouth. It ended up with $333M off a weaker opening but great weekend drops. That's why I said the second weekend drop will be more telling than this weekend. I don't know, just seems like it's not such an obviously, slam dunk thing to be knocking etchazz for.

Column_sl

shitlord
And they are the leads of almost every film they have been in. The cast is picked around them, the sets are built with their height in mind just like Movies have been doing for years...

The casting director isn't going to star a 6 foot 2 Ryan Reynolds opposite Cruise, unless he wants this shit..

hqdefault.jpg

It severely limits a directors options if he has to shoot from below, or shoot in forced perspective.

So yes it's a problem. For somebody like Cruise they could make an exception, but for a nobody like Steven Lang who has to go to twitter to get a casting director to notice him. Not happening..

He doesn't even look like Cable anyway, Cable isn't a 62 year old man with a chicken neck.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Saw this yesterday. Really enjoyed it. I feel my comic book hipster is being vindicated since I was talking up GotG / Deadpool to my wife years ago and now she's a fan of both.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
by the powers of peer pressure i caved and watched this movie. was funny as hell and there was good fight scenes. it made up for the no mouth deadpool in wolverine. glad i watched it.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
For some reason when I think of someone around 6'8" playing Cable, I think of Kevin Nash. Not sure he has remotely enough acting chops, but I dunno. He's def tall enough, LOL

IMG_6509

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
For some reason when I think of someone around 6'8" playing Cable, I think of Kevin Nash. Not sure he has remotely enough acting chops, but I dunno. He's def tall enough, LOL

IMG_6509
Cable is not an eloquent guy. Cable just grunts and grimaces. A live camel could take care of it.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I don't give a single fuck how tall the actor playing Cable will be and neither will anyone but some spastic nerds no one gives a shit about.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Finally saw the movie (I hate opening nights these days) and it was amazing. The story was a little flat but the humor more than made up for it. 9/10 easily, and I can see subsequent watches being just as enjoyable.
Really sad there were no Carrano titties=/ such a tease

Column_sl

shitlord
I don't give a single fuck how tall the actor playing Cable will be and neither will anyone but some spastic nerds no one gives a shit about.
Funny that's what they thought about X men Origins.
wink.png

Earth to idiot people care to the tune of 135 million opening weekend...

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Nash's wrestling days have put him out of commission as an action star. And, Cable is incredibly intelligent. Unchecked, he's a better psychic than Xavier. The only person in Hollywood that your going to find that is 6'8" is gonna be someone like Dolph lundgren. I don't really like his acting, so I don't know if I like him for cable, but he's got a good look for him

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Funny that's what they thought about X men Origins.
wink.png

Earth to idiot people care to the tune of 135 million opening weekend...
Not surprisingly you have no clue. Origins was a bomb because it was a crap film not because Cyclops was left handed instead of right.

Column_sl

shitlord
It was a crap film because they refused to respect the original material, like all the rest of the duds that came before it.

Marvel starts respecting the source material , and boom! box office smashes.

Fantastic Four says We know better then the nerds, and much like your life it was a colossal failure.

Devils in the details my slow friend. ;}

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Might be too old, but Clancy Brown would crush it as Cable.

Also, I agree that this movie is the same breath of fresh air and awesome that Fury Road was.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Obviously we're going about this all wrong. Some one summon Kuriin to pick the appropriate "Silver Daddy" for the job.