Deadpool & Wolverine

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Because they grew the shit too fast. Dont worry it will all catch up. Even that article says they are up to 170 million subs now, The article I read said 100, so it must have been old one.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Because they grew the shit too fast. Dont worry it will all catch up. Even that article says they are up to 170 million subs now, The article I read said 100, so it must have been old one.
alright, i guess we can see. maybe The Marvels will make another billion dollars and generate so much revenue on D+ that they will start making a profit next year. all these shows that flopped this year, all the movies that are future flops like Snow White and the shows they are cancelling errr postponed indefinitely like Ironheart, Echo, Agatha, Daredevil, Acolyte, Blade etc because of lack of funds/interest/WGA/SAG strikes. maybe it can still happen.
iu

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I mean youre all doom and gloom but lets not forget that disney as a whole is a bit more than D+, some shows and a few movies. Look at their 5 yr stock prices. If it was all doom and gloom, why is it still still trending like it is?

1697870897550.png

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I mean youre all doom and gloom but lets not forget that disney as a whole is a bit more than D+, some shows and a few movies. Look at their 5 yr stock prices. If it was all doom and gloom, why is it still still trending like it is?

View attachment 496318
its only trading at 82.65. it was lower, but it started rising again when Nelson Peltz recently began making noise about ousting Iger and calling the shots. and of course its not all doom and gloom. i never said it was. they're still making bank on theme parks and cruises, though not so much as they used to since attendance went down. what i said is. D+ is a loss. Star Wars is a complete loss. Lucasfilm is a complete loss. Marvel isnt dead, but its trying really hard to be. the profits Disney made off the SW franchise 4 years ago is gone. Deadpool will make money if they allow Reynolds to do his thing, but a lot of people are down on Disney, not just "haters" like me. they might just wait a month and a half to watch it on D+ or head to the high seas. there is nothing definite anymore. hell, even Tom Cruise flopped this year.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Disney will always make all their money from the parks. Their parks are pretty much always packed so unless the attendance drops a ton they will keep making enough money to churn out shit for D+.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Disney will always make all their money from the parks. Their parks are pretty much always packed so unless the attendance drops a ton they will keep making enough money to churn out shit for D+.
i mean, i get you're point, they make a TON of money from their parks and all the related vacation type venues. that being said, it doesn't mean that the shareholders are happy to just dump all their park revenue on failed movie productions and tv shows. it's one thing for a ceo to fund a passion project that doesn't make much money, or at all in plenty of cases. i'm thinking of elon musk's "the boring company" where he just makes toys and goofy R&D stuff. it's a completely different situation where one aspect of a company (parks, hotels, cruises) are literally keeping the entire rest of the company afloat.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Don't forget that the movies need to do well to bolster park attendance as well. They have been shitting on their own IPs now for a decade and it's starting to take an actual toll. That's why the shareholders are starting to get noisy about it. Drop the woke shit. Put out things that people are excited for, like Ryan Reynolds' DP3 without turning it into another woke shitshow. Regain your cultural relevance so people go back to the parks, and rake the money in. Or keep going broke and enjoy getting chopped up and sold in pieces like everything you acquired in the past 20 years. Either way it will work itself out.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Lol ok, just wait until pandemic season is annual

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Don't forget that the movies need to do well to bolster park attendance as well. They have been shitting on their own IPs now for a decade and it's starting to take an actual toll. That's why the shareholders are starting to get noisy about it. Drop the woke shit. Put out things that people are excited for, like Ryan Reynolds' DP3 without turning it into another woke shitshow. Regain your cultural relevance so people go back to the parks, and rake the money in. Or keep going broke and enjoy getting chopped up and sold in pieces like everything you acquired in the past 20 years. Either way it will work itself out.
like i was saying before, SW theme parks took a huge hit this year with the complete loss of Galactic Starcruiser. rumor was they spent 2 billion just on that endeavor and they had to take a writedown on it. that means they cant touch any part of it again. its just going to rot for eternity.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The last 3 star wars movies were shit and all 3 still made them $2+ billion. Sorry but their pocket books are still getting full on this bullshit they are giving us.

Pretty sure only TFA made over 2bil. They fell off hard after that and I think Skywalker barely hit 1bil.

It still made money, which I think is your point, but I'm sure the greedy fucks realize they left a lot of money on the table

Homsar

Pretty sure only TFA made over 2bil. They fell off hard after that and I think Skywalker barely hit 1bil.

It still made money, which I think is your point, but I'm sure the greedy fucks realize they left a lot of money on the table
Crazy that Ep 9 made 1 billion less than TFA

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Not crazy at all after what KK did to Luke and Han. That was part of her plan to make Star Wars fully woke and female empowered. And the going broke started immediately afterwards. Shitting on your core market to pander to a crowd that doesn't have jobs and is anticapitalism in general is not a great business plan in the long run.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

I know a lot of people really into Star Wars hate it, but for people like me who are more or less neutral on it I thought it was good. The Last Jedi actually pissed me off, which is hard to do on a franchise I don't really care about.

Homsar

I don't know if he's being serious or just trying to make people not know what leaks are true. He also hinted at mickey mouse and Steve Urkel

Screenshot_2023-12-07-09-36-24-97_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

• 1Worf

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I mean, they do have the rights to Predator, don’t they?
20th Century Studios does. Which I don't think was rolled into Disney.

Edit* Just looked it up. They do own it. Predator says it's owner is solely 20th Century Studios but Disney bought 20th Century Fox. I think they're the same thing but fuck if I know.

Cybsled

So they’re potentially giving us an actual Wolverine vs Predator scene? Lol…comic fans will go nuts over that one

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this is part of a tweet RR put out asking people not to leak images from the set. though now there seems to be faked images to muddy everything.