Defiance

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I definitely stopped gaining LMG skill with my maxed LMG. Bought a new one that's much worse and it started going up, then got lucky on a drop and got another nice 400 dmg one.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Are you an angry hipster?
There you go with your one liners again. Obviously a shill!
tongue.png

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Darph, why is the UI such shit? Why is chat useless? Why can't I just favorite weapons instead of having to manually unequip them to mod or salvage them from EVERY loadout? Why does it take 4 double clicks from the fucking salvage menu to salvage? Why do weapons cap XP and then become useless?

wait I wasn't done,

-is there an autorun? Why not?
-why is there no hotkey for changing loadouts?
-can I put my own music in the game so it auto lowers the volume during npc speech? The Defiance music track is fucking awful.

So many infuriating choices clouding up what is a decently fun game.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I kinda like the music. It gets repetative, like all games, but I like that electronic dubstep sounding shit.

As for the UI, yeah its awful, but the core of this game is just so fun.

Noahx

N00b
Darph, why is the UI such shit? Why is chat useless? Why can't I just favorite weapons instead of having to manually unequip them to mod or salvage them from EVERY loadout? Why does it take 4 double clicks from the fucking salvage menu to salvage? Why do weapons cap XP and then become useless?

wait I wasn't done,

-can I put my own music in the game so it auto lowers the volume during npc speech? The Defiance music track is fucking awful.

This is what happens when people make games that done play games
frown.png
.... or Project Managers

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider

wait I wasn't done,

All of these are true and being totally honest there is a not insignificant number of mistakes made in the game yet I find myself logging in again.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I mean, yeah, I'm still enjoying myself. I just find almost everything to do with the UI mind bottling. Why is there no bank? Why is my inventory a line by line list? Where are the sorting options? I don't think being a cross platform game should excuse all of these shortcomings. There has to be a better way of doing shit and I find it hard to believe some smart guy is sitting somewhere at Trion thinking these decisions through and signing off on them.

RE: Music...I like electronic shit as much as the next guy, but the music in Defiance is mediocre to poor electronic music...just saying, I feel like I'm listening to the exact same track all night, every night.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I mean more like, different pages or something, not a long list. Having a line by line list of 36+ items is lame, maybe I'm just missing something.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
No, there's not -- because you can change loadouts in combat. Loadouts not only change your weapons/shields but also your ego perks, meaning you can change from a stealther to a 10 second killing machine instantly. Bad design? I'd say yes, but there is a reason for it.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Trion_sl said:
Like in all relationships, it's give and receive. We've asked a lot of you lately, going through some difficult times during our launch. While you've been very understanding and patient with us, we still feel we can do more. More than addressing the issues with servers, improving the client, deploying patches and preparing a long road of massive free (and paid) DLCs, more than evolving the future of Defiance with you.

You might have had disconnects, unable to log in early on, long time to patch, wrong keys, pre-order items missing or simply had to read through my blogs while waiting for the servers to come up after code deployments.

It's been rough, we know. So your account now has a gift from us, to you. To make good, to show you that we really appreciate what you've gone through with us. It includes;

. Exclusive Launch-Only In-Game Title: Daredevil

. 1-Week Weapons Skill Boost

. 1-Week Scrip Boost

. 1-Week Loot Boost

. 1-Week XP Boost

We hope this shows you that we do appreciate you on this journey of Defiance, trying out something new, trying something different. The first episode is on Monday and honestly, we're pretty excited doing something that hasn't been done before. Well, the brutal honesty is that we don't know what to feel. Scared, excited, nervous, giddy, ecstatic. Normal, I think. I'll tell you after the weekend.

Until next time Arkhunter, may your skills continue to be mad and your aim true.

Nathan Richardsson

Executive Producer Defiance
Nice! But they should of included a tier 4 lock box in there as well.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
If you're going to limit inventory space so much we need to be able to salvage things in a single click.

Let us unsalvage the last 5 things in case something is trashed on accident.

I shouldn't have to click through what, 3 or 4 prompts to get rid of an item.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
A lot of these systems need an overhaul, salvage being one of them, Nija is right. A simple (lol) addition of a "Salvage Matrix" - that does nothing but break down items and a "Modification Matrix" that does the rest would solve a majority of the issue without a complete work over. Left click drop downs on items in the inventory window with equip, salvage, mod options would also fix the issue. Inventory space is at a premium, and without a bank to help store this shit, we have to break down alot of stuff.

Chat and Clans are the next biggest thing I can think of that needs to be fixed within the next 2 weeks or this game is shattered.

You cannot disband a clan, you cannot remove offline members from the clan, you cannot leave the clan without first promoting an online member to Founder.

/area, /clan, /group should all be functioning 100% of the time. At the moment, every so often I cannot even see myself talk in clan chat, I cannot work out what causes it at the moment, but relogging does fix it for a time.

It's next to impossible to actually forge some clan/community ties with such a broken mess of communication -- I can't even send people tells in this game.