Desktop Computers

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Interesting... well Amazon hasn't shipped my 980 Ti yet, wonder when real performance comparisons will come in. Probably not going to sweat it, one 980 Ti now and maybe a second at Christmas vs. going the Fury route isn't worth getting worked up over.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
One thing I never even bothered searching, and won't because I'm lazy, but will ask here... The x2 cards are basically just SLI (or Crossfire) on a single board, right? But does itsufferfrom the same things standard SLI (or Crossfire) does, like driver updates for game support, micro stutter, etc...?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Hmm drivers always an issue - but eyefinity seems to work better than the nvidia variant did - i had dual 780s before this and id always run into issues. So far ive had no issues running anything on ultra 1440p and a friend of mine picked up dual 980s and loves it so in the end you just get whatever brand you like. I loved my 780s for my triple monitor setup but for now i prefer the quieter 295x2 and the LG 34inch.

I was considering a Titan Z but now im going to wait.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
One thing I never even bothered searching, and won't because I'm lazy, but will ask here... The x2 cards are basically just SLI (or Crossfire) on a single board, right? But does itsufferfrom the same things standard SLI (or Crossfire) does, like driver updates for game support, micro stutter, etc...?
Yes , it is still at the mercy of the game/engine spring multi card use, or trying to brute force it through the card manufacturers software suite (far from ideal)

Pizoi

Golden Squire
LTT did a review of the G1 980Ti and it shat all over the Titan X. It's not up on their YouTube channel yet, but even with that card not running its OC profile, it was better than the Titan across all benchmarks.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
G-sync now supports Windowed mode, which I doubt Freesync ever will, but I could be completely wrong.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
More 390x benchmarks(with newer games than the one I linked earlier). 390x does unusually well with GTA5, 980Ti-ish

Overclock3D :: Review :: MSI R9 390X Gaming 8G Review :: Introduction and Technical Specifications

17115236647l.jpg

17115158115l.jpg

17115042893l.jpg

And here's a Witcher 3 benchmark, where the 970 outperforms the 390x
index.php

Seems like a decent card for someone that wants better performance than a 970, but doesn't want to go all the way up to the point of spending $650+ on a 980ti

I'm just not sure how much of a market there is for people in that range. Seems like the vast majority of PC gamers are either value-conscious, staying in the $200-$300 range for video cards, or bleeding-edge riders who will happily plunk down $650 for a 980Ti(or two)

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Guess it just comes down to the Fury and Fury X benches now. Slow ass Amazon still hasn't fulfilled my order even though it is in stock at Newegg. If the Fury X bench isn't impressing I'll just cancel Amazon and order from the Egg.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
390x wouldnt be a match for the ti to begin with really - the Fury is the competitor for that and the titan. Those reviews should show up hopefully early next week if not sooner. Also those bench's showing the 295x2 getting low fps under a single 290 when i get over 60 in 1440p makes these benchs a bit suspect.

Going to have to wait till some other sites toss up benchmarks and better drive optimization (well with AMD could be a while!)

Fury X vs Ti

Behold the beast: Full AMD Radeon R9 Fury X tech specs and design details revealed | PCWorld

rrr_img_100438.png

Still too early to claim legit, need mass reviews.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I pre-ordered a FuryX from NCIX.. all indications point to it being a beast. People have gotten Dirt 3 and Sniper Elite III both running on three 4K monitors (12K effective) with a single card. The memory technology is proving especially interesting, I really had my doubts that 4GB would be enough but it looks like they're working some pretty crazy texture compression.

AMD R9 Fury X Playing Sniper Elite III at Resolution (Over Three 4K Monitors) and 60 FPS
AMD R9 Fury X Demoed at 12K 60FPS with Dirt Rally

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
HBM and effective memory utilization, as AMD themselves has said, could be the more appropriate answer to that of higher resolutions rather than just increasing the available video memory.
Middle out. Nice.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This card does seem like the king for 4K.

Still rather have 1440p at 100+ fps and G-sync.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Onboard audio on my motherboard is dying it seems, getting constant feedback from both front and back mic ports across multiple pairs of headphones. USB headphones/mic seem to work fine, anyone got any recommendations for a good USB set? Not super concerned with price, just need something with good voice quality that can also play music at decent volume/clarity.

The Corsair pair I grabbed as temporaries from Microcenter seem fine for voice, but the audio playback on them seems middling as best. Far, far worse than my Logitech G230s via the regular audio plugs.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's really weird that the it performs so much better at 4k than it does at 1440p. I'm hoping there are some driver improvements in the works that are going to improve the performance, but I'm not crossing my fingers.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I went ahead and redid my order for the 980 Ti this morning. Nothing out of the 5 or 6 sites with reviews convinced me to go the Fury X route and I'm just more comfortable with Nvidia and EVGA based on my personal experience.