Desktop Computers

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
think I have to go with the MSI MPG X570 board and that’s if I can snag it when it comes into stock on the 21st like they say. I just can’t spend $400 on a board unfortunately. Hopefully something comes back in stock. Those ASUS X570 are sold out literally everywhere. Super bummer.

Looks like Microcenter has this out of their web store:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ive only pulled the trigger on a couple parts. Thoughts on this?
$460 and I have an additional 10 off, so 450 with free shipping.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is G2A a trustworthy site to pick up a Windows 10 key from?

$24.99.

I know games are considered reliable from G2A for the most part and most of you guys said to definitely avoid giving Microsoft $100+ directly which I completely agree with. Suggestions/caveats?
Microsoft software swap sub reddit

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
That seems like a good deal.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah that's a good card. I was going to buy it then it went OOS. But it looks like everyday it's back in stock.

If I could rewind I would've bought that card.

• 1Like

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
And strayed from evga? How could you?
406yth.jpg

• 7Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 8 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So.. I'm glad I had not bought the CPU for this build yet. I wanted to check to see what would be my bottle neck with the 2070 Super. After a few sites of just cruising around (instead of getting arbitrary benches that mean jack shit) I found this place. Pc Builds.com or w/e. Not totally customizable, but it does tell me how much I'm short changing myself by getting an i5. Now, to Axiel Axiel 's point - the 2060 KO Ultra works beautifully with that CPU.

Long story short - Now that I saved 50 bucks on a 2070 Super.. now I have to rethink the build all over again. /facepalm

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
I actually bought a MSI haha
407sgl.jpg

So.. I'm glad I had not bought the CPU for this build yet. I wanted to check to see what would be my bottle neck with the 2070 Super. After a few sites of just cruising around (instead of getting arbitrary benches that mean jack shit) I found this place. Pc Builds.com or w/e. Not totally customizable, but it does tell me how much I'm short changing myself by getting an i5. Now, to Axiel Axiel 's point - the 2060 KO Ultra works beautifully with that CPU.

Long story short - Now that I saved 50 bucks on a 2070 Super.. now I have to rethink the build all over again. /facepalm

Not exactly your situation, but one thing I've noticed with builds is that whenever I choose the more affordable option, I run into something that makes me regret skimping.

Last edited:

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Not exactly your situation, but one thing I've noticed with builds is that whenever I choose the more affordable option, I run into something that makes me regret skimping.
If you value your time at all, once you account for the time it takes to assemble, install Windows, stability test, setup all your apps, cheapskating on parts doesn't net you anything.

I tack on about 300 dollars when I do a mental accounting of the total cost of the PC, to account for my time. Then go from there when looking at price/performance ratios.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I just cant imagine spending that much on a video card, jesus christ.
$500 was my internal limit. I paid $430 for my 1070 back when they launched so it actually wasn't that much more than it for a 2070 Super. I do hope going forward we can get realistic prices and these bitcoin mining faggots die in a fire

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Those ASUS X570 are sold out literally everywhere. Super bummer.

I found that in stock for MSRP at Best Buy, of all places. Free overnight delivery, too.

FFS, I just ordered a two-fan model three days ago because those were out of stock everywhere. Get it.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Any recommendations on a budget processor? I'm rebuilding my Plex media streaming PC which is currently an AMD FX-8350 (which, honestly, has been totally fine). But the motherboard is starting to go, I think.

Looks like an i3-9100F is unbeatable at the price point. Don't really care about integrated graphics.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Will F-series CPUs run headless if you set them up with a GPU and then remove the GPU? Or will they just not boot without a GPU?