Desktop Computers

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That Rog Strix 4090 is 2k there, but never seems to be in stock. Its all the way in fairfax va or w/e and Im in the same boat with that, 4-5 hours away. Means I have to buy other shit there if Im going to make another PC just for the drive to be worth it. Very nice parts though, wish you all the luck in the world to have a perfect bootup!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Aazrael Aazrael when he sees a foh bro buy an extension kit
ab04ca1aed3f829bb3c08616fc2f618e.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Got all my shit at Microcenter as well. The 4090 wasn't in stock anywhere around me when I built my new machine, so I have the 4080. It was definitely time for a damn upgrade.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Nope. It's just a 12v high power cable that plugs directly in to 2 of the standard PCIE power plugs on the PSU. No fucking with adapter cables that way.

71FUUedQLXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
you know, i'm just gonna pretend it's an extension kit, it's funnier that way

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
So…

Was gonna get MicroCenter to build it bc why not, but the dude told me “they didn’t like getting build requests that late” so I had to wait 24 hours (it was 3PM). So I said I’d just build it. (I forgot I haven’t built one in fkn 8 years bc my last two were pre builts)

So, I came home, went to a thing and got back around 8:30PM. At 4AM I still couldn’t get the pos to work bc the CPU wouldn’t cool.

I wanted a fan on the cpu but this Asian kid convinced me to go water. So I did. REEEEEEEE. Literally half my time was changing fans around bc the radiator wouldn’t fit vertically so I kept having to uninstall and reinstall.

Ultimately decided the off brand pos water cooler was busted so I’ve gotta go back to that gd store today and get a replacement.

Im gonna talk to the manager too. Bc fk that kid telling me they wouldn’t build it same day after I spent $3500 w them.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So…

Was gonna get MicroCenter to build it bc why not, but the dude told me “they didn’t like getting build requests that late” so I had to wait 24 hours (it was 3PM). So I said I’d just build it. (I forgot I haven’t built one in fkn 8 years bc my last two were pre builts)

So, I came home, went to a thing and got back around 8:30PM. At 4AM I still couldn’t get the pos to work bc the CPU wouldn’t cool.

I wanted a fan on the cpu but this Asian kid convinced me to go water. So I did. REEEEEEEE. Literally half my time was changing fans around bc the radiator wouldn’t fit vertically so I kept having to uninstall and reinstall.

Ultimately decided the off brand pos water cooler was busted so I’ve gotta go back to that gd store today and get a replacement.

Im gonna talk to the manager too. Bc fk that kid telling me they wouldn’t build it same day after I spent $3500 w them.
you probably mounted it wrong

wrong way, tubes on top
c6b588f6439f31b572f38197c0dab997.png

correct way, tubes on bottom
4792a77c624a7998c91eb78b2ffbedd1.jpg

if you heard a gurgle, it wasn't doing much then.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
The Deepcool AIOs are rated pretty good. This sounds like a user error, but we can't really diagnose without pictures of what you did and more details on your problem.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
It was the AIO pump I'm guessing. I returned it and got a Corsair and it worked fine. Rocking 30 degree temps and this thing is dead quiet. Amazing.

This thing is so quiet it feels like something's wrong, like it's not on, lol.

[edit: LUL. 2 min after I posted this the fan's picked up a little and I can now tell that it's on]

• 1Solidarity

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Capture.PNG

Unnnnnnnnnnnnng!

Hottest it got during testing was 50 degrees and the fans were barely audible.

Last edited:

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Now it’s time for you to have the sad realization that there is fuck all for us to enjoy being in the >1%.

I will say that as annoying as it was to build it myself, there’s a HUGE advantage to getting the quietest fans.

That honestly been the biggest game changer aside from the obvious.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I will say that as annoying as it was to build it myself, there’s a HUGE advantage to getting the quietest fans.

That honestly been the biggest game changer aside from the obvious.
Since I've always built my own computers I haven't even left in stock fans in over 15 years. When I built my friends kid a computer for Xmas I just used some of the stock fans I had sitting around. The first time I booted that thing up it was like a jet engine, huge nope. I was like I guess you're getting some of the corsair ML120's I have sitting around for free.

• 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Since I've always built my own computers I haven't even left in stock fans in over 15 years. When I built my friends kid a computer for Xmas I just used some of the stock fans I had sitting around. The first time I booted that thing up it was like a jet engine, huge nope. I was like I guess you're getting some of the corsair ML120's I have sitting around for free.
i probably have around 20 garbage fans from cases like antec i should just junk away, 30 if you shit like oem wraith cooler.