Desktop Computers

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Xexx Xexx - Ive seen you play with different cases. Whats the best case you've seen that doesnt cost more than say, 300 bucks? That fits a 360 AIO and a 4090 Strix. Dont really care about looks as Im not an RGB fag - just trying to find something that handles the air flow better than what I have.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Xexx Xexx - Ive seen you play with different cases. Whats the best case you've seen that doesnt cost more than say, 300 bucks? That fits a 360 AIO and a 4090 Strix. Dont really care about looks as Im not an RGB fag - just trying to find something that handles the air flow better than what I have.

My Corsair 5000D is great!

$154.99 at MicroCenter, it has great cable management setup, is super roomey whilst not being too big, and you can stash fans literally anywhere.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I liked the Fractal Design R6 so much I bought the same again when I built another PC. All the stuff you want, adult looks, no RGB vomit, plenty of room for any sort of cooling set up. Mine are both on air and dead quiet.

Looks like a new version is out, there's compact versions and even an XL version if you need a really huge case.

• 1Like

Daidraco

My Corsair 5000D is great!

$154.99 at MicroCenter, it has great cable management setup, is super roomey whilst not being too big, and you can stash fans literally anywhere.
Are you talking about the basic 5000D or the 5000D Airflow? I was already considering the Airflow one, but did you have any problems installing the PSU (as in, did you have to take apart the case some to modify it to fit it?)

I liked the Fractal Design R6 so much I bought the same again when I built another PC. All the stuff you want, adult looks, no RGB vomit, plenty of room for any sort of cooling set up. Mine are both on air and dead quiet.

Looks like a new version is out, there's compact versions and even an XL version if you need a really huge case.

Funny you bring up Fractal - theyre doing some real good targeted marketing apparently. I saw one build where this fractal case has wood accents - bit much, but it looked pretty. But the one you mentioned is right up my alley with not having RGB stuff. I like my lights just barely visible so this ones a good one, too. Just been paying more attention to how much air it can move through it since EVGA case I have right now, no matter what fan orientations I use - stifles my GPU and CPU. (Granted the two of them already run hot af. 4090 Strix + 13900k.)

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Are you talking about the basic 5000D or the 5000D Airflow? I was already considering the Airflow one, but did you have any problems installing the PSU (as in, did you have to take apart the case some to modify it to fit it?)

Funny you bring up Fractal - theyre doing some real good targeted marketing apparently. I saw one build where this fractal case has wood accents - bit much, but it looked pretty. But the one you mentioned is right up my alley with not having RGB stuff. I like my lights just barely visible so this ones a good one, too. Just been paying more attention to how much air it can move through it since EVGA case I have right now, no matter what fan orientations I use - stifles my GPU and CPU. (Granted the two of them already run hot af. 4090 Strix + 13900k.)

The Fractal case with the wood veneer would be the North, which reviewed well. I had one of the older Defines, the R5 I think. While it was a nice case, the airflow is pretty lousy. I've since been converted to the high airflow cases where you can run the fans at slower speeds if you want them quiet. My current case is a Phanteks P500, which comes in RGB and non RGB variants. I've got an Arctic LFII 360 top mounted in it just fine.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

CORSAIR 5000D AF TG MT ATX BLACK is the exact model. I didn't have to modify anything. I unscrewed the backplage to drop the cpu mount into it's place on the back of the mobo, then screwed the plate back in place and went on with my business. It was super simple.

What in the world did you have to modify? That sounds strange.

• 1Like

Daidraco

CORSAIR 5000D AF TG MT ATX BLACK is the exact model. I didn't have to modify anything. I unscrewed the backplage to drop the cpu mount into it's place on the back of the mobo, then screwed the plate back in place and went on with my business. It was super simple.

What in the world did you have to modify? That sounds strange.
Didnt have to modify anything because I dont have it? lol Some dude in the reviews said he had to take it apart to get the PSU to fit down there, which its modular and made for that - I was just curious if that was a concern for you.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Didnt have to modify anything because I dont have it? lol Some dude in the reviews said he had to take it apart to get the PSU to fit down there, which its modular and made for that - I was just curious if that was a concern for you.

Ah gotcha. Not it was super easy to use and setup. And there's an entire panel for potential fans that I didn't use bc I already have six fans in there.

The system sits at around 35 degrees C. Even during gaming it's super quiet.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Some people are just fucking stupid, lol.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
does this retard know you turn it around and install it from the other side?
0f2fe22181d88458cfdde765ab5ef7bf.png

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

does this retard know you turn it around and install it from the other side?
0f2fe22181d88458cfdde765ab5ef7bf.png
There is no telling with reviewers.

I ordered both a Lian Li 011D Mid w/ additional front mesh and a Fractal Design Define 7 Dark Mid. Ill send back whichever one I dont like and go from there. Thanks for the suggestions.

1671788393_IMG_1705874.jpg
7cd2c7cfed3027596ea1b662b881b361.1600.jpg

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I have the 011 XL (whatever the full size one is that doesn't reverse) and love it. Also, I saw a Fractal North build with the brown Noctura fans and it was gorgeous.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kais

<Gold Donor>
I've got he Define 7 compact and it's solid. The biggest problem that the mid/compact size Fractal cases have is that the back panel with the cable management needs to be like 1/4" deeper. The side panel bulges a bit due to psu cabling and i spent an assload of time getting each bundle run separately with no crossing. Just needs a bit more room on that side.

Otherwise it's been a champ and is dead silent with 6 120mm noctua fans. I run negative pressure and you'd think there would be some whistling through the front vents but nope!

• 1Like

Jovec

?
My Define 7 XL for reference. For reference the GPU is a 6950 XT and listed at 320mm and the fans are 140mm. You could unscrew the front door hinges and remove the door for better airflow if needed, but at stock both the 5950X and 6950 XT run cool.

I also have the OD 11 XL but that is limited to 280/360 rads.

Define7_XL.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
My Define 7 XL for reference. For reference the GPU is a 6950 XT and listed at 320mm and the fans are 140mm. You could unscrew the front door hinges and remove the door for better airflow if needed, but at stock both the 5950X and 6950 XT run cool.

I also have the OD 11 XL but that is limited to 280/360 rads.

I feel like you should add some kind of action figure scene in there... There's just so much empty!

• 1Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Looking for an adult L-style PC desk. Will be in middle of the room, facing doorway, so cable management or the ability to hide them a must. Any suggestions?

Jovec

?
I feel like you should add some kind of action figure scene in there... There's just so much empty!

At one point I was going to do custom water-cooling in it and never got around to it. Next I was going to move my NAS drives inside it (11 3.5" drives can be mounted behind the front intake fans where you might put a rad/res) and run my NAS as a VM, but I never got around to that either.

could be emptier if harddrive was stowed away on the bottom

That's a DVD drive. I still need one for work occasionally.

• 1Worf