Desktop Computers

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Above 90 is pretty useless but there's a shocking amount of difference between 60 and 90.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea gap between like ~90 and full 144 is almost imperceptible, but even going from 60 > 75 is hugely noticeable.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Sorry if this gets asked a lot, but what's the recommendation for acquiring a new Windows key? I was planning on getting a Win7 home key and upgrading to 10, but figured you gents might know a better way.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Got my msi 1080. This thing is fucking huge. It weighs as much as a power supply, and about lil more than half the size of a motherboard.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Just get a nice clean fresh install of 10 bro. Fuck the upgrade shit. Both my PCs got fucked up with upgrading, I had to roll them both back. One of them could not display the start menu, lol.

Buy Microsoft codes and MSDN invites/accounts

You can download 10 from Microsoft and make an install DvD. <---- I think.
I'd recommend the usb thumb drive boot ISO option. Install took like 15 minutes or so and let me just use my old Win 7 key.

Fulorian

Golden Knight of the Realm
Got my msi 1080. This thing is fucking huge. It weighs as much as a power supply, and about lil more than half the size of a motherboard.
Yeah, I was really surprised how big my MSI 1070 Armor's were compared to my old 970. But I think most of it is the fans/heat sink. Those things just run COLD. Like, in the 60s unless they're stressed at 100% for a long period of time.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
2 year old Siamese for size comparison. He was too curious to let me lay him next to it. static discharges overrated yo.

XfYjfdg.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So I'm looking for a good mech keyboard but don't really want to go over $100 or so

I was looking at rhe k70 which I can find for around that, but I mostly just like it because it looks good. There's also a million of more expensive keyboards and even more I'm the $30 range.

I think I like cherry reds the best so I'm looking for a keyboard with those.

Can anyone post some recommendations? Especially if it's something I'm not considering. I don't actually know if I'll like a mech keyboard but I'm assuming I will.

I k ow I've posted this before but I'm ready to buy.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
But low profile is the best. Clearly we should all be using Mac keyboards.

/vomit

DrLifetilt_sl

shitlord
Cheapest keyboard with reds you can get is a Cherry MX 3.0, has lowish profile keys though.

I had ordered a k70 rgb with browns few months ago and ended up returning it within the week, because i was making a million typing mistakes with it and hated the way it looked. Ymmv. Corsair Strafe might be another option.

Edit: if you are set to buy the k70, there is a new version of it with Cherry Rapidfire switches, they are supposed to be improved reds.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Cheapest keyboard with reds you can get is a Cherry MX 3.0, has lowish profile keys though.

I had ordered a k70 rgb with browns few months ago and ended up returning it within the week, because i was making a million typing mistakes with it and hated the way it looked. Ymmv. Corsair Strafe might be another option.

Edit: if you are set to buy the k70, there is a new version of it with Cherry Rapidfire switches, they are supposed to be improved reds.
I got a strafe last year and am quite pleased with it.